NEurope
Retro_Link

New Tales game to be unveiled soon!! for Wii??

Why does Tales of the World have Tales of Symphonia characters in it? What's it about?

And why is the DS getting so little Tales of love and the PSP gets it all, Sony fans have already played these games and the PSP is dead in Japan, give it to the Nintendo fans and the DS!!!

The PSP isn't dead in Japan, it's selling as much as successful systems usually sell, it just so happens the DS is going far beyond the definition of a "successful system" in Japan at the moment.

On the other hand games don't sell, which will lead to developers abandoning its support which will lead to death.

EDIT: Namco is stupid.

I really don't understand Namco's concept of business, supporting the PSP over the DS and then dooming Tales of the Tempest to faliure by releasing it on the same day as FF3, it just boggles the mind!

The PSP version of TOP can't even be released outside Japan since Nintendo did the translation and own the rights to it (Same with TOS, Ninty have the rights to the translation)

I really think that these ports and remakes would sell best on Nintendo's consoles since most of these games have been confined to Sony's machines. There's no reason why TOP should be remade again, the PS1 version was ok since it was a fully blown remake and added lots of new content and the GBA one was the first portable version and a 10th anniversary special edition. There's no reason to make a PSP version at all.

This is like when they announced Soul Calibur 3 as a PS2 exclusive and doomed it to poor sales (SC2 was 5 million+, SC 3 was sub 1 million)

Doesn't bode well for Wii support :sad:

ToS gamecube logo is blue'ish... the PS2 version featured that magenta/red'ish one.

Oh right i thought he meant the actual PS2 logo, d'oh

I really don't understand Namco's concept of business, supporting the PSP over the DS and then dooming Tales of the Tempest to faliure by releasing it on the same day as FF3, it just boggles the mind!

The PSP version of TOP can't even be released outside Japan since Nintendo did the translation and own the rights to it (Same with TOS, Ninty have the rights to the translation)

I really think that these ports and remakes would sell best on Nintendo's consoles since most of these games have been confined to Sony's machines. There's no reason why TOP should be remade again, the PS1 version was ok since it was a fully blown remake and added lots of new content and the GBA one was the first portable version and a 10th anniversary special edition. There's no reason to make a PSP version at all.

This is like when they announced Soul Calibur 3 as a PS2 exclusive and doomed it to poor sales (SC2 was 5 million+, SC 3 was sub 1 million)

Doesn't bode well for Wii support :sad:

Nintendo didn't made the translation for ToP GBA this time around, that was discussed in speciality tales forums... The translation is so bad that it just isn't Nintendo quality, it wouldn't pass their standards, it was all made by namco who paid a small company to do it. it was speculated that it was Nintendo since there was a lot of cutted mature content but it wasn't the case at all. still if namco now puts out a decent translation it might go down on history as "look! GBA got the kiddy watered down version and we got the PSone version with extras (maniacal laugher)" this sucks.

They can release it where they want but they should really re-write that crappy translation script, still once more Nintendo gets the worser version... doh.

They didn't had a reason to make ToP GBA either though... it was released in 2003 in japan and the series made 10 years in December 2005 (I think) that's when Tales of the Abyss came out too.

Sony said in a conference back in the days that SC2 was exclusive to their console... and Nintendo said they were lying and infact it was coming to Xbox and GC... then the follow up is a PS2 exclusive... is it a coincidence? I don't think so; infact I'm sure Namco wouldn't make a SC3 so soon if Sony hadn't paid them... I mean... SC 3 is a SC 2.1; it's a ridiculous leap...

Another ToS game would be great as long as they get rid of the lack of cool characters because lets face it, they are all pretty annoying or gay.Lloyd had a gay voice which annoyed me terribly,Collette was so annoying with that silly arm movement when she didn't get what she wanted and a slightly annoying voice.Genis was gay, you could tell he fancied Lloyd,Raine's voice was just boring.Sheena wasn't so bad and I knew her voice from MGS2:SOL as EE.Kratos was quite cool with that red emo fringe thing gouing on and Zelos was so annoying with his whores following him around Meltokio.It should get a different story from grow a big tree to give a planet mana.New temples and new sub-quests as well as a new soundtrack.I was playing at midnight and the music in the forest that leads to Heimdal does not help when it puts you to sleep only to wake up an hour later bored out of your head getting a flower.The rest was gr8.Good job Namco.:awesome: :mad::idea::zzz::wtf::weep:

Humn, I was sure that I remember hearing that NOA was doing the translation (I'm playing through the game at the mo so I haven't seen the credits yet, do you know if Bill Trinen is mentioned in the localisation section or not?)

Can't believe I didn't notice the 10th anniversary mistake lol and the GBA version was an extremely lazy port (Apparantly, Namco just lumped the SNES and PS1 data onto the cart and left the GBA to interpret the code itself, that's why you can walk diagonally on the 2D map!)

Soul Calibur 3 is the video game equivelent of a straight to DVD movie :laughing:

Humn, I was sure that I remember hearing that NOA was doing the translation (I'm playing through the game at the mo so I haven't seen the credits yet, do you know if Bill Trinen is mentioned in the localisation section or not?)

Can't believe I didn't notice the 10th anniversary mistake lol and the GBA version was an extremely lazy port (Apparantly, Namco just lumped the SNES and PS1 data onto the cart and left the GBA to interpret the code itself, that's why you can walk diagonally on the 2D map!)

it's not there... no pro would do a crappy job like that... they even confuse genders throughout the game. it's really a amateurs job and the voice acting is just... horrible. Namco ordered it to a small team.

the GBA version of ToP is the SNES engine with some hacked sprites, worse music and takes up more MB... inclusions from the psone version... the map system with story sequence and the character titles aswell as one major modification referent Sheena's Fujibayashi ancestor.

Still the original Tales of Phantasia SNES is the best version of the game available IMO, not the psone one. shame the gba port sucks.

I did some comparation shots in ToS thread if someone is interested. can be found here:

-> http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116622&postcount=156

AH cool more Tales love for me and my PS2 and PSP systems. I don't know why people think PSP is dead in Japan, that's just a silly comment someone can make. It sells and the games are selling. It's just the DS is cheaper and selling well above expectations, that doesn't mean the PSP is dead at all though.

Normally I wouldnt mind tales of games coming to the ps2 but my ps2 is broke (surprise surprise)

Why are Namco doing this to themselves. It really is disapointing

wait a sec even though it was the worst port ever made namco did realese the game celebrating tales 10th aniversary on a nintendo system. dosent that count for anything?

wait a sec even though it was the worst port ever made namco did realese the game celebrating tales 10th aniversary on a nintendo system. dosent that count for anything?
I think sadly it counts as milking the cow :sad:, and making fun of us, tales fans on Nintendo consoles.

but Phantasia sells a lot more (more than double) for month in US than PS2's Legendia does.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5443

Namco Trademarks New 'Tales Of' Game

Quick News - Bandai Namco has registered yet another 'Tales Of' name in Japan, relating to its popular RPG series. This time it is 'Tales of Quiz'. No platform has been announced for this new title, and neither has it been confirmed as an actual role-player.

Terrible name for a console Tales if it is one, which I doubt it is!

Could be another Mobile phone game, a board game?? an interactive TV game??? I have no idea!!

Why are Namco wasting their time on these!

Terrible name for a console Tales if it is one, which I doubt it is!

Could be another Mobile phone game, a board game?? an interactive TV game??? I have no idea!!

Why are Namco wasting their time on these!

Seems like a non RPG spin-off like Tales of Fandom Vol.1 all these years ago, it must be a quiz for fãs? what a waste of time (and money)