N-Europe

Ow ow ow - cryotherapy!

KingOfHyrule

Went to my GP on Friday to get liquid nitrogen on a wart on the palm of my hand, had the wee bastard for far too long, and he gave me acid to keep applying on it after treatment, saying "it might blister after a while".

Little did I know that 48-72 hours later I would be in agony! The blister is so fuckin sore it woke me up this morning! I can feel my pulse pumping through the wart, can't wait for this thing to fall off and leave me be.

Anyone else got this done?

When I was little I had some warts on my feet, I had to use ant acid to get rid of them - took ages. About one or two years ago I had a big wart on my left hand. I went to the doctor and he poured some acid on it, got that treatment a week later again. It burned a bit but the wart was gone after that.

I almost had a veruca problem when I was younger. my bro and sis had problems for a while, and I was always happy not to have picked them up from them... when one day I noticed a small one had started to develop.

Knowing that doctors had failed to work for my siblings feet, I took medicine in my own hands.

a pair of scissors, a sore foot and a plaster later, and I was all better.

I don't think I'd be able to endure such a hardcore treatment now though, I'm more of a wimp now

Guest Stefkov

had a wart on my 2nd finer from the left on my left hand, in rimary school, used some acid cream like i thnk you are. felt no pain when i had the acid stuff on.

one day i was celebrating something or just failing my arms for no reason, but it hit the back of a chair and the wart fell off. i was then happy after that.

My chemistry teacher last year had a huge wart/mole (canay tell the difference) on his left cheek...anyway, when the time came to do "moles," he announced "now were going to move onto moles" the entire classroom just went completely silent, although you could more than hear the silent laughter...kids can be mean...

On topic: ouch, that sounds painful, but I suppose you'll be happy when its gone...no pain, no gain.

I had a wart once on my hand, had it for about 2 years, never bothered to go to the quacks about it as it didnt bother me....

But over time it got smaller and then i dont know how or when but it just disappeared...i think it was cos i was ignoring it...the thing decided to jump ship. Either that or it took my white blood cells 2 years to work out a tactical attack on it.

i have a wart that im trying to get rid of on my little finger on my right hand at the moment, the doc gave me this stuff that dries the wart (cuplex gel) and then i have to sand the top layer off using a nail file thingy. i've been doing it for the last week or so and i wish the stupid thing would just hurry up and disappear!

Went to my GP on Friday to get liquid nitrogen on a wart on the palm of my hand, had the wee bastard for far too long, and he gave me acid to keep applying on it after treatment, saying "it might blister after a while".

Little did I know that 48-72 hours later I would be in agony! The blister is so fuckin sore it woke me up this morning! I can feel my pulse pumping through the wart, can't wait for this thing to fall off and leave me be.

Anyone else got this done?

I had the exact same thing done, except I'd picked my warts and they'd spread all over my hands - urggh. I had 5 done on my left and 6 on my right. The blisters looked like raisins because as they tore the wart root from my flesh they filled with blood. The one on my finger tip knacked.

Warts are viruses that plant in the top layer of your skin, they don't grow roots deep into your hands (verrucas do though). They make the body produce tiny blood vessels which look like black dots in the wart and this keeps them alive, which is why they bleed or you can feel your pulse through them, and they basically just tell the body to overproduce skin to cover the fuckers up. Serve no purpose but the live in your skin, yummy.

So when you get liquid nitrogen put into them, the virus's growth is frozen for about a fortnight they say, which gives the body time to react and sort it out usually. A blood blister forms underneath the wart, pushing it up out of its nesting spot and after a few days it's good enough to pick off. Hopefully it works.

Okay now I'm scared... I have a couple of them under my right foot (had two for years, now there's two small ones starting to grow next to them); I heard that stuff like that is also kind of related to stress, which in my case would be right (got the two smaller ones since I started having more stress in life).

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go to a dermatologist or something next month together with my younder sister (she has like, seven or something on her foot, except hers don't hurt, while mine do sometimes). I'm not exactly sure what they're going to do even, but hearing all this stuff makes me scared. D:

Scared for possible pain and other complications. Especially since it's on the sole of my foot; I need to be able to walk on that still you know...

I don't really trust that duct tape method though. Sounds dodgy and weird and very inconvenient. What about swimming or showering or similar things; wouldn't the tape just come off then?

*will just go to the doctor and deal with it*