NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

24: The Movie

http://uk.filmforce.ign.com/articles/711/711775p1.html

Now, i'm very skeptical about this. What sets 24 apart from other tv programs, for me anyway, is the layout.

"Instead of the story taking place over the movie's approximately 2-hour running time, the paper says that the film will likely abandon the show's unique real-time storytelling approach."

The key word there is unique.

What are your views on this?

I've grown very fond of Jack Bauer and his friends (the ones who aren't dead yet), and I'm as excited about the prospect of this movie as I would be about a new season. 24 for me isn't about the realtime aspect anymore. It doesn't particularly adhere to it either, with liberties being taken between episodes and during travels across LA and so forth.

If they can compress the action and intensity of a season of 24 into a 2 hour movie, this is going to be something very special for all of us.

To be honest, I don't really think it matters anymore. Whereas the first season (and to an extent the second one) was praised for it's real-time formula, it's pretty much been thrown out the window recently. For example, Jack has been able to travel across the entireity of LA in a car in 20 minutes in Seasons 4 and 5. Whereas there are still fans that are moaning about it, most don't really care anymore (myself included).

It's also apparently going to be set in London, or at least part of it is. Disregarding the real-time formula gives them one advantage, it allows them to travel.

I'm all for it. A movie bridging the gap between seasons 6 and 7 is a great idea, and is a better idea than using a mediocre PS2 game to do the same.

When you both put it that way, then i see a different side to things.

As Meik said, disregarding the real-time aspect allows them to do things that they couldn't do before. I'm feeling slightly more open minded about it now.

We'll see what happens and what they come up with.

Let's face it, every episode of 24 is pretty much like a small movie anyway. I felt it was the same with the X-Files all those years ago.

I'd love to see a prequel to Season 1 of Jack's mission in Kosovo to kill Drazen. That would give them an excuse to bring back old favourites.

By old favourites, I mean Mason.

Let's face it, every episode of 24 is pretty much like a small movie anyway. I felt it was the same with the X-Files all those years ago.

I agree with that. Especially with what you said with regards to the X-Files.

To be honest now, the more i think about it, the more i get excited.

Looking forward to this. They can still make time an important element in the film if they want to, like letting us know when a terrorrist attack happens at the beginning of the movie, that would be an exciting race against time. Of course it wouldn't be excecuted as good like on the tv show.

Looking forward to this. They can still make time an important element in the film if they want to, like letting us know when a terrorrist attack happens at the beginning of the movie, that would be an exciting race against time. Of course it wouldn't be excecuted as good like on the tv show.

Stole what i was gonna say basically.

I'd love to see a prequel to Season 1 of Jack's mission in Kosovo to kill Drazen. That would give them an excuse to bring back old favourites.

By old favourites, I mean Mason.

Roger that.

As long as they keep the same great scripting and action - I'll be happy.

Roger that.

As long as they keep the same great scripting and action - I'll be happy.

I'll be happy, too. It's just my initial reaction was "what's the point?"

But, i believe that you guys are right. The show isn't based strictly along the timeline anymore. It's a lot more character driven now, and that alone makes it a good basis for a movie.

Another thing I think about 24 aswell is, are you really still thinking 'Shit it's still the same day they started on' by the time you get to episode 24?

And a related note, when is season 5 likely to be out on DVD? I haven't watched the show on TV cus it would annoy me having to wait a week to find out what happens.

It isn't even finished in the UK yet, you might be able to import it soonish though from America...

And a related note, when is season 5 likely to be out on DVD? I haven't watched the show on TV cus it would annoy me having to wait a week to find out what happens.
If the DVD releases are the same as previous years, expect it to come out in the UK early Autumn. The US DVD actually comes out later than ours, presumably they delay it to build excitement for the next season (which starts in Jan/Feb).

wow didn't see this coming.

the sentinel looks pretty much like 24: the movie though to be hoenst.

It sounds good. Maybe they shouldn't even call it 24. There's only one reason for that name....

It sounds good. Maybe they shouldn't even call it 24. There's only one reason for that name....

A 24 hour epic split into 8 3 hour movies?

I agree with Meik and The3rdChildren here, without too much restrictions on time, they can fly to different countries for the first time and make it even more spectacular.

Who's to say George Mason is officially 'dead' anyway?

Well the he fact that he

got blown up by a nuke, that would kill anyone and anything.

Because the total running time for the series is approximately 18 hours?

Because the total running time for the series is approximately 18 hours?

The other 6 hours are for commercial breaks, so it's still real-time.

24 the movie (if done right) should be quite cool but i'm annoyed that there not showing 24 on terestrial tv anymore so i have to wait til it's out on dvd to see it.

i member the first time i watched 24 it was season one on dvd, then i immediatly ordered season 2 if i remember correctly, then i got distracted by other things, but imma get back into it, i love it!

Sign in to follow this