N-Europe

Freshly-Picked Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland

Nintenchris

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like it how you dont have any idea how many Rupees you are supposed to give to people
I found it a bit daunting at first, but I really like that aspect of it now. Adds to the tension when making deals, plus you start to get a better idea of how much to offer after a while.

This game is... quite difficult.
I've found it alright so far (mind you I'm kind of pacing myself as I want it to last), what part are you up to?

I'm at the beginning of the Second Continent right now, did the final dungeon of the First Continent the other day...

...the one inside the Great Deku Tree! Fantastic boss battle at the end of that one, they seem to be getting better and better with every new dungeon. Absolutely incredible artwork on the Deku Tree too.

icon14.gif

I've also been doing quite a bit of backtracking and checking out some of the different bodyguards (it's cool there are so many different ones). I went back to the Pirate Dungeon with one of the small bodyguards (the one with a runny nose :heh: ) to check out those small holes that appeared in the walls that Tingle couldn’t fit inside, and found a couple of Rupee Goods!

It's nice that exploring with different bodyguards means you discover new stuff, makes for great variety in the game.

LOL...That N-Europe banner makes it look like transsexuals feature in this game.
Hey! I made that banner, how dare you LOL at it? :laughing:

I got it yesterday, had a little bash, and I'm quite surprised on how bloody awsome it is, it's gonig to take a bit of use getting to the Rupee system but it's something diffrent. loved the first dungeon with the fat guy couldn't help but laugh when I opened the gate and he brought out the boombox for the zelda jingle, love it.

I'm on the Deku Forest Level, but kinda stumped on where to go. Marked off the first three landmarks on the map. Gave the explorer guy a drink and hunted around-Where do I go from here?

Oh and I also spent 3,500 Rupees buying a Recipe for Ocean Soup, only to discover my cooking pot was still too small to make it. :(

I'm on the Deku Forest Level, but kinda stumped on where to go. Marked off the first three landmarks on the map. Gave the explorer guy a drink and hunted around-Where do I go from here?

Search a little more and you'll find the Tarzan guy. Help him.

I'm currently in the snowy island. I just have to bring a little more rupees to reach the next one. The 4th dungeon was horrible and I have to come back to explore it completely.:shakehead

Now I have played this game, I don't mind having Tingle as a playable character in Smash Bros... Am I sick??

Where am I meant to be looking? I'm just going in circles-And does that cave in the waterfall lead anywhere?

The Tarzan guy appears at the waterfall place >.>

If you've already led him to his tree house go back to the landing spot and go north a little then east. Ring the bell and pay him to "fix" the bridge. Just keep going from there, you'll need to pay him some more rupees again later

And yes, there is a Rupee land item behind the waterfall, go up as far as you can, then turn right

I've just bought this.

It's a bit, what do I do there's no guidelines with the whole rupee giving people money which is pretty cool actaully.

I started it but stopped, I'll have to give it a proper play through sometime.

The 4th dungeon was horrible and I have to come back to explore it completely.:shakehead
Yeah it took me by surprise a bit...

...the way you have to navigate those dark areas with just a small circle of visibility around Tingle, and there are floor spikes and weird creatures that reset your position if you get caught! Didn't want to spend many rupees on that firefly either so I did pretty much all of it without the extra light!

It was a little disappointing that the boss was a repeat of the first one, but at least there was a twist to it and it was certainly more challenging. I get the feeling perhaps the other bosses might be re-used too, but as long as they see similar changes it won’t be that bad.

Anyway, I'm on the 3rd continent now. Not really exploring it that much yet though as I've still got mapping and some side quests left over from the last two areas of the 2nd continent. That and I keep spending ages digging for Triangle Chips to play the scratch card game! :grin: Noticed something quite funny with that actually...

...if you scratch the remaining panels after playing a game you can hear Tingle making a weird sighing noise as he desperately searches for more Triforce pieces! :laughing:

Getting the Old Jungle hero guy past all those bugs was annoying. But I was able to enter the Deku Temple for the mere price of 1 Rupee-How much everyone else pay to get access?

Also after beating the Dungeon I only asked for 3,000 Rupees reward so was pretty short on making the Tower raise. Had to sell everything I owned in my tank and go hunting for more pearls to scrap together the extra cash.

So now I'm at the 2nd continent, and looking for enough cash to buy the map. Swampy looks far too misty/gassy for my liking.

From what I gathered, it's a collect 'em up. You collect rupees to throw in a pond to make a tower grow to get to Rupeeland.

I've only played 5 minutes though..

Finished the fifth dungeon. The boss is amazing and use the touch screen in a nice way. Remind me some old school games.
Sounds cool, don't think I'm too far from that now.

Woo, my 'sources' at Nintendo got me a free copy of the game! :) Just done the Hero's Shrine, and I'm really enjoying it so far, except, like many reviews have said, the bartering system can be a nuisance.
Nice!

Wish I had 'sources' at Nintendo for freebies. :blank:

Anyway, glad to hear you're enjoying it. : peace:

Can someone give me a hand with this game? I have just got to the 2nd island ( not continent ) and I just seem to be walking around in circles. Also I have very little cash and was wondering who I can sell Fireworks to as thats all I can make at the moment :)

Do you need to find the recipies before you can cook the dish? If not anyone care to throw some my way so I can get some moola together.

Lastly what in the hell is up with that builder? He is as camp as Butlins what with his thrusting and Village People look, I LOLed when I first saw him.

You can sell fireworks to the weapon shop owner.

In the second island, there's no dungeon so just complete the map, sell things, do quests,... to earn money and throw rupees in the fountain until it grows.

And I think you can do recipes without the recipe but you'll have to remember how to do since it will not be written in the recipe book.

I just tried the last boss: a perfect example of how drugs can cause an very enjoyable boss. I'll get my revenge now that I know how to avoid his attacks (among the weirdest and funniest I've ever seen in a game).