NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
seamus_aran

Wii Messenger?

Damn, you beat me to it! Here as well,

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=800#more-800

It looks like there is more to Wii's online service than we first thought. It has been very recently published so it shows that it is an 'active' project at Nintendo. Looks very interesting to me.

After further reading of the first link in this topic, all I have to say is, Go Nintendo! Some of the details there make for a very promising online service. Dont let us down.

Im starting to think its a universal friend code we get instead of multiple ones for each game..

Im starting to think its a universal friend code we get instead of multiple ones for each game..

i sure hope so.

That's the system. No more different friend codes. They can't do it to us, and the mainstream also would get confused by that.

lol, not that its a race, but i beat u all 2 it! I posted the link in my speculation thread earlier. i guess thats wot u get for spending too much time typing 'nintendo wii' into google *sigh*

Now, we have to think about the signals Nintendo are giving off.

Online Questionnaire

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/25/nintendo-survey-targets-xbox-live/

New Patent Published

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/7056217

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=800#more-800

Surely they cannot ignore all of this! Otherwise what would be the point of the questionnaire and the Patent. They would be wasting their own time.

isnt that basiaclly like gamercards for xbox live. just the one 'profile' for all games anyway. i dont know why peope moan about friend codes. now its just codes instead of names for this.

If it has Voice chat lets hope they incorparate this into playing games, unless they have already said that games will have voice chat.

So perhaps we won't have to enter friend codes afterall?

Please dammit.

I can't believe that patent got through, Xbox Live is virtually the same as everything it says!

^That can only be a good thing. It shows that contrary to some opinions, the Wii online service should not suck.

I hope it's just one universal code, through this we cans ee profile, games, join games, VOiP etc A wireless keyboard would be handy, this'd be great, id be on my computer a lot less, if it worked for MSN

Users names would be better than friend codes, but either way, I wouldn't complain.

Anybody used Steam? For this if you had any games before you just entered the authentication code and it adds the game to your profile. I'm guessing that it will be like this on the Wii.

I don't like steam that much, but I agree taht would be a good way to do the things. However we can only do one thing...

Wait and see...

The only reason they're using individual codes is so you can do certain things with certain people but not other things :heh: You could just block people from your Animal Crossing village etc.

Having every controller having a friend code is a bad idea,will be each Wii instead.

Yes! This is what i wanted to hear! I would think this would mean you could add friends online (it says you can block users etc), so no more manually typing in friend codes. Hopefully can just search connect24 for a specific user so you can send him/her a friend request.

Now who ever said that Wii's online would suck?

Steam is balls, it updates twice a month, can they not get it right?

Yeah but you get the jist right?

Yeer it does have it's problems, but with X-fire makes up for it.

Sign in to follow this