NEurope
blender

Pokemon Battle Revolution

It looks good. But im concerned with how it will play Online. It will be the first for Wii so we should be able to hear information about the Online Service sooner rather than later.

I just looked at the site and this picture

2052c6e3b587af9cfbae0b3269dfb0d1.jpg

DS to Wii interactivity!!! the image on the site, is you can choose the moves you want to use on your DS so the other players dont know what you gonna do.

I so have toget this game, Online would be great!

Ha your right about maybe not seeing each others moves.I hated that in Pokemon Stadium.

THEY HIT EACH OTHER!!! :D

This is all I have wanted since stadium came out. Having your pokemon jump and fall on the ground to "attack" the other side was a bit... lame.

IGN hands on:

Hands On: Pokemon Battle Revolution

DS connectivity sampled!

by Anoop Gantayat

US, November 3, 2006 - With a Pokemon game launching to Japan just a few weeks after the console's 12/2 Japanese release, it would seem that Nintendo is down right serious about this whole Wii thing. Of course, the franchise hasn't been as successful on consoles as it has on portable systems. We see that possibly changing with Pokemon Battle Revolution, which we sampled today at the Nintendo World Wii demo event in Nagoya.

Battle Revolution appears to be an advanced version of the Pokemon battle games that were moderate successes (moderate when compared to the portable RPGs, that is) on the N64 and Cube. Starting with two Pokemon allies, you and a rival face off in a Pokemon trainer battle until one remains without any Poke... men... in his arsenal. Pokemon fans will be instantly at home here when they pick up the Wiimote.

That is, if they pick up the Wiimote. Pokemon Battle Revolution is a perfect combination of console and portable gaming. Not only can you import you Pokemon from Diamond & Pearl and use them in 3D, but you can even make use of your DS as a controller. That's right, while full Wiimote controls are included, you'll be able to control the game in its entirety using the DS.

Nintendo had both forms of play set up for demo today. We first tried out the DS connectivity mode. The DS interfaces with the Wii wirelessly; you can actually see a signal strength meter on the screen as you battle! You use the DS stylus to select attacks, targets, view status, switch out Pokemon and even surrender (note: the game doesn't ask for confirmation!). Anything you'd normally do via on-screen menus is now handled via DS menus.

The interface on the DS end of things is a little bit plain, but it gets the job done. It's heavily text-oriented, with your only clue to which Pokemon is which being the tiny bitmap images that accompany the menu choices. If you're not into Pokemon, you might find yourself a bit overwhelmed. Of course, you can always look on-screen for a full 3D version of your Pokefriends. But even then the uninitiated (yes, that includes me... sorry!) may be confused next to a more experienced opponents (I swear that kid had two DS systems on him and was playing both Pearl and Diamond at the same time!).

On the Wii end of things, with the DS taking care of all the nasty menus, the screen is used exclusively to show the on-going battle. Everything is set up like a tournament broadcast, with announcers calling the action and some slick camera work. Even the life meters are 3D objects that appear beneath your Pokemon as they incur attacks. While the battles are as long as their Pokemon Coliseum counterparts, the exciting presentation make the five plus minute fights a bit more interesting.

Opt to go without the DS, and all the menus and battle options appear directly on the television screen. You then use the Wiimote as a pointing device to select attacks. There's nothing special about the control scheme, but then again, the humans aren't the one doing the fighting in these Pokemon games.

Based on the demo, Pokemon Battle Revolution feels like Pokemon Coliseum with pointer controls and the option to use your DS as a controller. Of course, we haven't explored the hidden depths of the game, nor have we seen anything related to the story mode. All should be cleared up in mid December as the game hits Japan

Do you think that there'll be a Pokemon Channel like mode in this game where you can play with Pokemon, pat them etc.

Nothing Much New

The guy is the leader of the Colosseums and you can customise your character

You can't go wrong with custom characters, sweet looking city there. I'm all hyped up about Pokemon! Who wants to team with me for double battles? :)

It's gonna be a cool game if it has a good rpg mode! If not, well... it's going to be "another" colosseum

is this just a pokemon game like pokemon stadium? so no rpg mode at all? ill have to play a ds pokemon game to have pokemon to battle with? not really been interested in pokemon since pokemon blue, but online may sway me.

Do you think that there'll be a Pokemon Channel like mode in this game where you can play with Pokemon, pat them etc.

hopefully not.Rpg would be more welcome

there wont be a rpg mode get over it, this game is just made to accompany D/P and get some Wii sales. That's it.

there wont be a rpg mode get over it, this game is just made to accompany D/P and get some Wii sales. That's it.

there is absolutely no reason why we should not have at least ONE decent console pokemon rpg.

I would like a full blown MMORPG of pokemon, that woud be awesome but i doubt it would come.

Or even an RPG with the option of going online and fighting people.

Has it been confirmed that you can battle anyone online with this game, unlike the DS versions where you can only battle friends but trade with anyone.

Thsoe screens remind me of Blue Dragon for the 360

I have to say I love the backgrounds, and the character models aren't too bad either.

207acac8a9b4726da297cd9542260f9f.jpg

Wow. I don't have time or patience for training Pokemon these days, I got bored with the repetitive GameBoy sequels.

But that looks amazing.. they've done something quite tough by contrasting photorealistic with highly stylised clean cut characters. Very well done Game Freaks and Nintendo.

DS controls? This will be huge.. It's a shame I don't have the time to waste on this game, because I'd probably enjoy it a lot.