NEurope
blender

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Since you only need 2buttons and a d-pad there's no need for DS

DS useless? How's about live streaming of Pearl/Diamond data to the Wii?

I'm gonna have to say I dont think any of the stuff in that video really represents what gameplay will be like, it definitely looks like CGI.

Legendary Pokemon are for n00bs, real hardcore trainers don't need them.

Again, online Pokemon! Thats got to get you juices flowing . . .

hahaha

I'll see you online then, Mr. Hardcore. :kiss:

DS useless? How's about live streaming of Pearl/Diamond data to the Wii?

It will always be possible by passing your monsters with wi-fi, but I was talking about needing a DS to play multyplayer like they did with colosseum.It must be an option. And like stadium you must be able to play with you wii controllers and not with DS with teams made in stadium.

Got it? :smile:

People...MMORPGs wont happen, a smod of mine posted a nice list of why it wont happen on my forums but I cant be arsed to go find it...need sleep after just uploading a 4GB website to a new server.

Anyway the main factor is that because its not in Real Time Battling, MMORPG would be incredibly hard to pull off

If i'm honest, i don't understand why many of you are unhappy.

It's online, which is a massive plus. It will connect with the DS versions of Diamond/Pearl. It also looks quite good graphically, and there have been changes which some of us have wanted for a long time (e.g. pokemon actually hitting each other).

So why so sad?

New Pokemon Announced

Japan will see Pokemon for Wii in 2006 along with the DS titles. First Wii video included.

It is up on ign zright now!!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/711/711636p1.html

What did you think this thread was about? At least look before you post :indeed: . The video has already been posted too. One major thing to point out is that the article says that the game is slated for a Winter release and then they claim that it is likely to be a release game! Logic = 0.

It will always be possible by passing your monsters with wi-fi, but I was talking about needing a DS to play multyplayer like they did with colosseum.It must be an option. And like stadium you must be able to play with you wii controllers and not with DS with teams made in stadium.

Got it? :smile:

Sure sure, got it :)

Although in local multiplayer matches, the DS is a definite must - otherwise your opponent would be able to see what you bring out next (which would be why the GC used the GBA so extensively).

Also, through Connect24, both games could receive updates making them more and more intertwined, if you will :bouncy:

It'll be interesting to see if the developers have programmed any more animations for physical attacks, on top of the few that each Pokémon had on the GC. I want to see a proper seismic toss when you use that move, not just the Pokémon's generic physical attack. Doubt it'll happen, though, just as I doubt that any damage you do to the arena will stay there for more than one move.

If there are gonna be proper physical attacks then the number of pokemon may be cut down because I would imagine they've got to include animations for all the variations of attacks on all the pokemon.

Does that make sense?

If there are gonna be proper physical attacks then the number of pokemon may be cut down because I would imagine they've got to include animations for all the variations of attacks on all the pokemon.

Does that make sense?

Yeah i know what you mean but seeing as the Wii disk will hold more information than the GC disk wouldn't it possible for every pokemon to have an animated attack?

Yeah i know what you mean but seeing as the Wii disk will hold more information than the GC disk wouldn't it possible for every pokemon to have an animated attack?

The problem isn't space (you don't have to store movies, just animation data), but time&work.

Making all animations for all pokemon, and making sure each animation for every pokemon works well with every pokemon that is attacked, is one hell of a job.

Hmm yeah but you could look at it like this: You have 4 categories of pokemon shape/size and you have 4 slight variations on each move animation to adjust to the surface contact coordinates.

Wow....I just watched the video on IGN and the battle system's looking WAY WAY WAY better than the pathetic Gamecube games.

It's faster, and the moves actually look decent and not random!! :D

The double hit moves also hit the enemy pokémon at the same time :)

well i will wait to see what it looks like before i buy it. i will defo complete D/P before i buy the game.

How could the controler be used in this game? Throwing your pokeball into battle? that would be preety sweet.

The conference where this was shown aired on 2 of the main channels here in portugal in the prime time news! Awesome! And they talked a lot about it and showed Iwata talking and a lot of footage.

old news?

Iwata gave one clear example for the second area of the service, announcing Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii in the process. This title will link up with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. You start off by inserting the Pearl or Diamond cartridge into your DS and Pokemon Battle Revolution into your Wii. The DS then acts as a controller as your Diamond and Pearl Pokemon battle it out on the screen in 3D. You will have a full set of battle options when fighting this way, including player versus player, player versus CPU and WiFi!

Pokemon Battle Revolution is being developed as the first Connectivity title between the DS and Wii. It will be released to Japan after Diamond and Pearl, but before the end of 2006. Diamond and Pearl are set for Japanese release this Fall.

well my juices are now going going gone. this will be interesting.

People...MMORPGs wont happen, a smod of mine posted a nice list of why it wont happen on my forums but I cant be arsed to go find it...need sleep after just uploading a 4GB website to a new server.

Anyway the main factor is that because its not in Real Time Battling, MMORPG would be incredibly hard to pull off

In a pokemon MMO, there wouldn't be real time battles, people would just be able to chllenge each other in a realtime world.

I really like the improvements this game SEEMS to have, but i think Pokémon will always scream MMO. It just makes all the sense.

Oohh the possibilities...

I'm worried about the cheaters though, i hope i don't find a lvl 342 Charizard with Hydropump online.

id kill for a 3d pokemon rpg the same size as the handhelds.But the fact that its been released the same time as diamong doesnt give me much hope................well at least diamond and pearl is coming!