NEurope
blender

Pokemon Battle Revolution

EDIT: It has wi fi voice chat, so it also has online battles. Even if it's a stadium, online battles will add a whole new dimension. Train them in your DS, battle online with your Wii. Sales + 10 million

Very true but like 3rdChildren I still want a proper Pokemon Rpg thats online for the Wii. I know people say that MMORPGs take time and resources to maintain the servers and such but surely it will all be worth it as the game would be a massive hit.

I don't want a mmorpg. I just want a gb alike. They are still the best and then just put an online mode to craete tournments or battles with firends online. But please don't make us buy acessories (like gba in colosseum) to let us enjoy all the game.

Very true but like 3rdChildren I still want a proper Pokemon Rpg thats online for the Wii. I know people say that MMORPGs take time and resources to maintain the servers and such but surely it will all be worth it as the game would be a massive hit.

I highly doubt they'll ever make a mmorpg.

13297_20060607_08_nintendo06.jpg

13297_20060607_08_nintendo05.jpg

if its another stadium game then its yet another pokemon im missing out, they should create a new style for the console version, not handheld really.

maybe those pics are only just from battles in ame, and that it actually is a good rpg game. if its like colloseum? then its gonna be as bad as stadium i think. bought it for £10 sold it, reluctantly, for considerably less than that

I wonder what that city is in the background. Doesn't look stadiummy to me at all.

I think just the name shows it's a stadium type game. They're really aiming at this: you play in your DS and you fight online on the Wii. Which is a pitty, but still, it's cool.

I highly doubt they'll ever make a mmorpg.

13297_20060607_08_nintendo06.jpg

13297_20060607_08_nintendo05.jpg

hey, where did you get that other picture?? Graphics look great.

Were there other things discussed at this Nintendo press conference??

I wonder what that city is in the background. Doesn't look stadiummy to me at all.
Looks alot more Stadium/Collusium than anything in the RPG's!

I agree that the name says it all really;

The fact that the DS has Diamond and Pearl makes it almost definate that Wii will have the Stadium equivalent for them!

It all makes sense, making a full fledged RPG takes time and resources, making a stadium that uses your DS game, just makes people who buy the DS game (a gazillion) buy a Wii and the pkmn battle. Maybe later we'll see a 3D RPG, but for now, it's better than nothing. Oh and please, no more 8 bit growls.

It all makes sense, making a full fledged RPG takes time and resources, making a stadium that uses your DS game, just makes people who buy the DS game (a gazillion) buy a Wii and the pkmn battle. Maybe later we'll see a 3D RPG, but for now, it's better than nothing. Oh and please, no more 8 bit growls.

Pikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

well i might buy it when i complete the DS versions for full 3d online battle. it would be pretty good for that but that would be it.

I think Nintendo will make a MMORPG in 3-4 years. Don't woory there won't be any peripherals coming with this. We're in the wireless age. So does this mean the D and P aren't gonna have a fully fleged online mode in them?

My hope is that the Pokemon actually HIT each other when they do physical attacks. It looks pathetic otherwise.

My hope is that the Pokemon actually HIT each other when they do physical attacks. It looks pathetic otherwise.

True, I hated that in the previous games. If they could make battles look more believable it would improve the quality of the game tenfold.

http://www.irwebcasting.com/060607/03/74d18b0400/main/index_hi.htm You can see the metting here, but the site's a little problematic

Looks awesome. I liked the stadium ones but i really hope this is a mmorpg. Then again, a mmorpg would be too logical, so nintendo won't do it.

Well, there's always hope. MMORPG WITH CONNECT 24 CONTENT PLEASE!!!! :bowdown:

I'm not going to judge yet.

The title will apparently be an RPG/Adventure game which will support online game-play - no specifics were mentioned

Well thats hopeful, but then like you lot say the title certainly hints at it being Colleseumish. Well, the only other (hopeful) possibility is that it is called 'Battle Revolution' because the battling has had a revolutionary new change, yet the game as a whole isn't revolved around it.

i never understand y nintendo didnt make a proper pokemon rpg on 1 of there home consoles instead of them half decent stadium games

widepbrv4yb.jpg

[i remastered the screenshots into 320x240 - 4:3]

hmmm yeah... good graphics. Nintendo should really pump this one up, I mean... what is a stadium mode? if you do the entire game with stadiums/Gymnasium, a nive overworld map and all the pokemons in it... then you just have to make a mode using those gynasiums and conectivity with the DS (who could also be exploited in the adventures on "Pokémon Centers" and a online connection... all in all: stuff like the gym scenario and all the pokémons will be done and used on the mainquest so it should be a bonus, not a standalone game for that matter, I doubt implementing that on a full fledged game would take alot of MB's, honestly.

They really need to focus on the RPG part :hmm:

Being called "Battle Revolution" I have a sneaking suspicion it will be about the battling more...

Meh.

They had better say their own names a la cartoon, as apossed to the crappy game crys: "goooooooooooraaaaaaaaannnnKK!!!" is a common one, said by...almost all of them...

I don't really agree with what you're saying. First it's not a matter of space, second you're making it sound like an RPG is just a bunch of fights connected to each other. Making a full RPG takes a lot of time and resources. Like I said this game is being made to sell the Wii to ppl who buy the DS game, eventually we may see a normal RPG.

They also said XD would be a true pokemon rpg... (It was reggie who said that if I'm remenbering right...) so my hopes for this game are less than nothing...

They also said XD would be a true pokemon rpg... (It was reggie who said that if I'm remenbering right...) so my hopes for this game are less than nothing...

Yeah lol, I remember that.