N-Europe

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

phez_boy

I think Nintendo may suprise us with the launch date! I think it's going to come out earlier then we all thought.....

Anyone think that Gears Of War may effect sales of the Wii? The game really shows what the 360 can do! and may make gamers go for a 360 instead, espicially if they see Dead Rising as well!

I think Nintendo really have to launch the Wii everywhere in October just to get a good head-start against the PS3 as well.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the postponement of the release dat is due to the release games. They have to have Metroid and zelda at release and I think they are waiting on a final green light from the developers before they set a release date.

Personally I think they need to get the machine out in October. A November release would be too close to the PS3 which will dominate the press and shop space in game shops and games departments. A October release allows all the hype to be centered around the Wii, the empty game boxes, console boxes, demo units etc etc. Then when its released the PS3 hype can start. The sooner the Wii hits the market the better. If you have a console available in October for £150 then people will know the PS3 is £425 and maybe, just maybe opt for a Wii.

With regards to the worldwide release I feel this is vital, they need every advantage they can get to boost Wii sales, a worldwide launch is good for the press and people dont feel like they are getting short changed.

I dont think the logistics would be to hard to handle as the launch wouldnt be on the same mega scale as the 360, a rather more low key approach. I can definitely see Nintendo going for a world wide release of the Wii.

I like that shop already.And Nintendo have to get some space between the launch of the PS3 and Wii.

Your theory about waiting for the green light makes sense and it goes with the rumour of Nintendo rushing 3rd parties.I think the reason they havn't said it already is because if they released it earlier Sony would change their date aswell so Nintendo had to wait for a time where Sony couldn't change their date.

I got some new info regarding the latest release list from one of my contacts (an entertainment distributor, not a retailer) that Red Steel is listed here in Canada for October 26th along with GT Pro. Of course it could just means simply a date that Ubisoft expects the Wii would be launched. Also the retail price for Red Steel is listed at $59.99 CAD (that would be $49.99 USD).

Source was Codenamerevolution.

Hey everyone, Im copying this from my site. Fierce Link, may it be usefull for the website?

Update: ‘Mepster’, the source of the scan, contacted us on the website and told us this:

Hey, the scan came from me.

james cooke is still head of games, and people are misreading this scan as its us being contacted tomorrow regarding the clock, not being installed tomorrow, but the clock will be installed before the end of the week in those stores supposedly, i believe GC will hold the key to the date. also store staff arent allowed to touch such pieces of equipment so once installed the date must be set or the nintendo rep must come back out again…

anywho just thought i’d clarify those few things.

So this basically confirms that it’s not going to be tomorrow, but most probably around the Games Convention in Leipzig next week. We’ll keep you informed.

Source: http://www.mozlapunk.net/homepage/?p=855

Hey everyone, Im copying this from my site. Fierce Link, may it be usefull for the website?

Update: ‘Mepster’, the source of the scan, contacted us on the website and told us this:

Hey, the scan came from me.

james cooke is still head of games, and people are misreading this scan as its us being contacted tomorrow regarding the clock, not being installed tomorrow, but the clock will be installed before the end of the week in those stores supposedly, i believe GC will hold the key to the date. also store staff arent allowed to touch such pieces of equipment so once installed the date must be set or the nintendo rep must come back out again…

anywho just thought i’d clarify those few things.

So this basically confirms that it’s not going to be tomorrow, but most probably around the Games Convention in Leipzig next week. We’ll keep you informed.

Source: http://www.mozlapunk.net/homepage/?p=855

Ahhh, thanks for that. :)

So, the clocks will be installed after the Games Convention?

I have the worrying feeling that we might not get the date at Leipzig.

Nintendo keep saying that they'll only announce the date when it 'matters'.

Unfortunately the Wii still has a few more suprises up it's sleeve and those secrets may 'matter' more than the launch date and price.

i´m not in a hurry for any nex-gen console, always good to wait a year or so until the prices drop. I just want it to realease soon so I can play Twilight Princess on my cube. If the game is ready for the cube they should realease it sooner, they could even make more money since some people might buy the cube-version and then a month or so later the wii-version as well.

I have the worrying feeling that we might not get the date at Leipzig.

Nintendo keep saying that they'll only announce the date when it 'matters'.

Unfortunately the Wii still has a few more suprises up it's sleeve and those secrets may 'matter' more than the launch date and price.

I want you to be wrong...but i know your right! ARGH!

September is the month we will get the launch details!

I want you to be wrong...but i know your right! ARGH!

September is the month we will get the launch details!

I don't,what's the point in releasing the date when they won't be a TGS and announcing it near the Wii launch and having stores getting pre-pared in a short time.The developers will want to promote their games and it's not enough time between September and the launch to give out details,trailers and pics etc about their games because they will just clash with each other.