N-Europe

Final Fantasy XII

Zell

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same applies to what I said in the 360 forum. Besides if you get FF 12 it will last you awhile so you can save your money for eating again.

i know that if i buy Crackdown i'll find a way of getting FF XII anyway-but probs by avoiding eating! its just apart from XI and X i've got FFs 7-9 on the day they came out.

I was reading GameCentrals review the other morning and they said it was great in terms of battling but they say the storyline is very poor with not much fleshing out of certain characters. I would have prefered them to keep the random battles and turn based attacks as I love that system. I will probably still pick it up but I want to see what my mate at work thinks of it first.

I think the story isn't as crazy as past games because it feels more realistic in some sense. It's not about 1 crazy guy who beats everyone to rule the world. It's about wars between empires and such. It's still entertaining, but yeah not the best story. Overall though the game is fantastic.

Yeah I started Rogue Galaxy this week, I only done the first chapter though. I wasnt really happy with the lack of random battles in the first town. I love RBs and with me using a guide I know what items and stuff I can get of certain monsters but it takes ages to find a battle. Im not keen on that gay C-3PO wannabe either....

Lol. Gay Steve is entertaining later on. I'm on chapter 6 myself, just got onto it last night. I've been on three planets so far now. I guess I'll be travelling to the forth now as I'm renewing my visa in the game. Oh the lady behind the counter called MIO is so annoying, but at the same time she creates a great scene in the game.

Simple Question.

Crackdown or FF XII

reason as well please...

i can only afford one atm till i start doing rent (joke) so which is it and why?

I just got both this morning fortunately havnt played 12 yet being playing crackdown but only becasue i know once i get into 12 i wont play anything else for a long time.

I'm about 12 hours in now, and I'm not that impressed.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, it just doesn't gel with me very well. The battle system seems messy, the Gambit system needlessly restrictive, and I'd rather a character-driven story than a political one. And there are smaller concerns, too, such as not having an option to change the inversion on the camera, the incongruous inclusion of vastly higher-level monsters in certain areas, and how backwards it feels to be chucked back to the title screen after you die.

I'm going to keep on playing, and hopefully I'll enjoy it more later on when I can use the Gambit system properly, but at the moment I'm a little underwhelmed — the lack of random swirly-screen battles is nice, but I think Final Fantasy X's turn-based system was a lot more fun and satisfying. I thought this game was supposed to redefine the console RPG, but if this is progression I'd rather they turned about.

Kind post lady delivered it a few minutes ago, it was recorded mail..not parcelforce, lying play.com. I guess it was so it didn't arrive early so SE didn't moan at them. Going to give it a quick whirl before I go out.

Edit - Wow what an intro video!