NEurope
Zell

Final Fantasy XII

once you've killed the uruan eater tortoise thing, where do you go for the treasure?

My highest chain of killing things is 142. Anyone else's?

Love this game so much.

I was a bit wary of the battle system at first, but at about 5 hours in it just clicked.

The music is also fantastic. I was worried at first as Nobuo Uematsu left, but the musical quality in the game is still sublime.

My favorite song so far being Rabanastre Lowtown. Such an atmospheric place, and the music fits so well.

OK, i've never played a Final Fnatasy game before, and don't like too confusing or too hard RPG'S. Wii i like this?

I must admit i'm really liking Rogue Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts at the mo, so if it's like that but even more emotional, even better story, even greater locations and a even greater adventure feeling, then i may give this a chance....

If you don't like anything too confusing, then you might be a bit overwhelmed by everything. FFXII forces you to make decisions on how you raise your characters, it doesn't hold your hand.

The best FF game to start off with is IX, nice system, not too hard, great story/characters... almost the perfect RPG.

once you've killed the uruan eater tortoise thing, where do you go for the treasure?

Back to the moogle next to the save crystal. Should see a cut scene.

wow. mine is like 25. Im all up for interracial.

The music is also fantastic. I was worried at first as Nobuo Uematsu left, but the musical quality in the game is still sublime.

I disagree, I find the music to be rather forgettable. It isn't bad, I just don't think it's very memorable — I shan't bother looking for the soundtrack.

I'm just about to venture into the Feywood now, and there still isn't enough character interaction for my liking. On the other hand, it is a superb game with a wealth of content deeper than any title of recent memory. I'd just rather it was more Final Fantasy than Vagrant Story.

The musics are very good, but like aimless said, they're forgettable. They're very nicely arranged and good to hear, but the only musics that stay in your mind are the remixes from previous games.

Oh yeah, just got this bad boy, definitive opinion within the week. :smile:

I have it just away from my ps2 - this weekend however I'll be going back to do some god Hand/okami haven't deceided.

The License System is wicked, I can see why so many people liked the Junction System now, there's a lot of cumstomisation to be done and there's no forced classes, I would have probably loved it too if I had got it to work.

The real time combat has also been executed greatly although the gambit system is a bit quircky but it works.

The only problem I have is that gil is so hard to come by, but still this game has definately done a Resi 4 on the Final Fantasy series in terms of gameplay.

The characters are good and solid I think, Vaan isn't annoying and the acting is a lot better this time (except for Fran, her voice is wierd) hopefully there will be more depth to them the futher I get in the game.

Frans voice is the best alongside balthiers. The point is it's supposed to be wierd she's a godamn vierra.

Her and Balthier I thought were really the only two characters that stood out IMO.

Havent bothered with this since I got stuck, went back to 360

The best FF game to start off with is IX, nice system, not too hard, great story/characters... almost the perfect RPG.

I love you! :love:

I've stopped playing this now. I got sick of just running through an area to a dungeon, then do a stupidly hard boss. And what's with all the random boss encounters that have no point in them at all?

Random hard bosses? I don't remember them in the USA version! I remember optional hard normal baddies, which you didn't have to fight. Bosses weren't that hard neither. I think I only got stuck on the wall boss for a while, but did that after knowing what to do.

I've stopped playing this now. I got sick of just running through an area to a dungeon, then do a stupidly hard boss. And what's with all the random boss encounters that have no point in them at all?

You are weak.

That big Dinosaur Boss (Tiamat) is giving me a god damn hard time at the moment.

And I was enjoying this game so much and they have to do a FFX and make one Boss stupidly hard.

I guess I'll grind, maybe leave the area and see If I can get some new Majicks and stuff.

I love you! :love:

Well... I love you too... :heh: but not in a gay way:cool:

It has some difficult bosses I think, I've only played VII and X, but it's harder than those. Still, it's not stupidly hard I never had to waste time grinding, but while I'm out hunting I end up leveling up. Also, having the right magicks and knowing weaknesses is essential to beat some bosses.

Am I the only one that thinks that later on most Espers are useless?

If you don't like anything too confusing, then you might be a bit overwhelmed by everything. FFXII forces you to make decisions on how you raise your characters, it doesn't hold your hand.

I have been thinking about this question when someone asked me about which one to pick, as she wanted to start off with 3d FF. I suggested IX or X, but she understood what to do more in X than in IX, weird huh.

I played the opening hour or so at a friends house on saturday...have to admit i hated the battle system! It's quite strange because a couple of my friends love the battle system and others think it's a bit 'meh'.

I'm really undecided on both the battle system and the license system. I like the freedom of the battle system but it seems a biit sutck in the middle. I think you should either have the original battle system in FF games or a battle system like KH. FFXII seems stuck in the middle. I like the customability of the license system but i prefer levelling up to be just leveling up.

One thing I dont particularly like is the world. It doesn't seem very friendly.

The world feels very lord-of-the-rings-ish. You have to travel miles across plains, deserts, etc until you get to a very dark dungeon or you find a massive fortress like settlement.

Random hard bosses? I don't remember them in the USA version! I remember optional hard normal baddies, which you didn't have to fight. Bosses weren't that hard neither. I think I only got stuck on the wall boss for a while, but did that after knowing what to do.

I'm talking about bosses like the big dragon thing after Eyrut village and the mines. It serves no purpose, and has no reason to be there and when you beat it you walk off as if nothing happened. The whole game just feels like a trip to the next boss fight. I'm just a fussy git though. I'll complete it eventually, i just don't feel motivated to do so like i did in previous FFs.