NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Nintendo Wii Release Date Set For October ?

Dunno if it's region free,but I highly doubt it will be december,would be a stupid move.

It's pretty obvious Nintendo was going to release the Wii in November, around the sametime as the PS3, which they didn't want or know till E3. They obviously had to make a quick decision to hold back all release details and price, after Sony announced theres. Now they know exactly what the competitors price is and date.

If i was a business i would release it EARLIER and at a fraction of what the PS3 costs! Sure fire winner if you ask me!

I believe Nintendo know that whatever the price the PS3 is, there some extremely hardcore Sony fans out there! Actually i hate to say it, but theres loads, frankly. It will still sell-out launch-day and sell well, it may take sometime to show it's true potential but when it does, it will be a big seller for Sony again!

It has to be released September Japan, October for USA and Europe. Surely they can do this?

::shrug:

EDIT: Could be November 3rd 2006 for Europe, no later!!

Friday 13th November 2006. that would be the best friday the 13th ever!!!!!!

Hope it's true ,then I can get it earlier :D

:bowdown: Well done pardner

or how about a global release??? thin it was perrin(?) who had the interview with matt from ign and said theyre hoping for a global launch, one in October would be glorious.

as long as its in this year ill be happy. early september would be good cos i would probaly be off and wont start college for a couple weeks, but i might start september first, so ifits any later than september then thats fine, just means i have to wait longer:(

Check the OFFICIAL Nintendo website, one of the animation links shows the Wii then in a cloud, '2006'. They wouldn't have deceived us for this long.

Hope it's true ,then I can get it earlier :D

Go captain obvious go!

obvious3bq3tr.gif

If NES came out on 18th October i dont see why the Wii cant!

Although I like that 31August date even better!

those spoiler tags dont work?

[*spoiler= insertnameofspoiler] Spoiler text go here [/*spoiler] Remove the star

Coinciding with the NES release is a nice idea, but wouldn't work in Europe.

f they were to consider October 18 for US due to NES release date there, could they consider July 15 in Japan? And i dont know what date it was released in Europe..... I was only 2.......and didnt get it till 1990

To be honestly, I wouldn'd mind it being released in early december, because there would be MASSIVE sales for the machine, making it the must have xmas pressie!

I think Perrin Kaplan said in that IGN video interview that they were still aiming for a global launch. But maybe that was something else.. Would be weird to contradict a previous statement like that. We can hope though.

October 20th! It would be perfect for my birthday (which happens to be 2 days later). Of course, anything before and slightly after the 22nd works.

Actually all they (reggi) said is that we would be PLAYING it in the fourth quarter meaning they could launch it tomorrow if they wanted.

Releasing it in December might not be the best solution. The stores could sell out, and people might look elsewhere for christmas presents.

Releasing it earlier will allow more people to get the Wii for christmas.

Releasing it in December might not be the best solution. The stores could sell out, and people might look elsewhere for christmas presents.

Releasing it earlier will allow more people to get the Wii for christmas.

Yea,and theire sales would be hindered because of the Xmas rush.That's why i'm pretty certain it won't be December.

Well, Amazon have Dragon Quest listed as being out on November 17th...

yeah!!!

pity they dont have a date for the console!!!!

Sign in to follow this