N-Europe

1 Terabyte drive soon?

Marshmellow

Guest Jordan

Screw that, some scientist have made a way of getting 7.5 Petabytes (1024TB > 1 Petabyte) into a square centimetre. Expect those 2057. :P

Screw that, some scientist have made a way of getting 7.5 Petabytes (1024TB > 1 Petabyte) into a square centimetre. Expect those 2057. :P

In 2057 7.5 Petabytes in a square cm will probably be huge, and we will be laughing at how anything smaller than 100 Exabytes is visible without a microscope.

In 2057 7.5 Petabytes in a square cm will probably be huge, and we will be laughing at how anything smaller than 100 Exabytes is visible without a microscope.

woah woah woah, words ive not heard of. 1 petabyte = 1024 terabytes...jesus

and how much is one exabyte? 1024 petabyte, jesus

Guest Stefkov

the biggest i know of is a yottabyte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yottabyte

A yottabyte exactly is 2 to the 80th power in bytes; 1,208,925,819,614,629,174,706,176 bytes.

A yottabye is also equal to 1024 zettabytes.

try actually saying that? 1 thousand 208 billion, billion, hundred(taking into consideration a billion in Uk is a thousand million not a million million i think) im lost

then to a zettabyte

A zettabyte exactly is 2 to the 70th power in bytes; 1,180,591,620,717,411,303,424 bytes.

wowow

should be written the other way round

the biggest i know of is a yottabyte.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yottabyte

try actually saying that? 1 thousand 208 billion, billion, hundred(taking into consideration a billion in Uk is a thousand million not a million million i think) im lost

then to a zettabyte

wowow

should be written the other way round

JESUS CHRIST! Imagine that! (every pr0n site on the net, on your harddrive!).