NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Eurovision 2006

Terry is complaining about it being hosted in Finland, but if it were hosted in the UK had we won, it wouldn't have made all that much difference.

wohoo, i got the volume up to max for this

*headbangs*

Now I want to see how can we get the money to host this show. Hopefully not too much of it will come from the tax payers...

Woohoo! Go Finland! Thank you Lordi and all the people who voted for them!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

now lets just wait and see how many rock/metal bands compete next year....

and congrats again to Finland, well deserved....now do Lordi have an album i can buy and is tonights song on single only or could i find it in an album?

now do Lordi have an album i can buy and is tonights song on single only or could i find it in an album?

They have a best of album featuring their greatest hits, and iirc, the single is available from amazon on monday.

There's three albums form lordi. In 2001 they released 'Get heavy' in 2003(or 2004) ' The monsterican dream' and their latest album is 'The arocalypse'. The latest one includes the hard rock hallelujah - song. But try to find the album Get heavy, as that's the best one IMO

They also released an album called the monster show in UK for marketing. Which is a hybrid of get heavy and the monsterican dream

"How do you recognize him?"

"He promised to put a flower in his buttonhole."

Lordi on a blind date

EDIT: Thanks!

napinläpi = buttonhole; he promised to put a flower in his buttonhole

EDIT: apparently, the hell has frozen over. Link

Editedit: Apparently volvis already stated that, damn I'm slow today :D

"-300°C=-510°F

Hell freezes over.

The Finns win the Eurovision Song Contest."

Quoted for truth. Get ready for a cold winter :)

Finland had one of those songs that are just too good for Eurovision, just like Rock 'n' Roll Kids did. It's not my sort of music but I can see why everyone wanted it to win. Well done for breaking the point record Finland, that was great, I believe it was held by the Brits with Katrina & The Waves until now (that was a great song too). So Ireland now has 3rd place in the the point record lol you bastards ;)

We'll be back next year when RTÉ churn out another shite song. Oh how I wish we could find those Rock 'n' Roll days again.

Finland deserved to win, though I voted for Lithuania because the song made me laugh.

I don't think the whole UK entry was a very good idea. It seemed to be something that only the brits would 'get'. Wasn't expecting it though.

So we got 10th, automatic finalists and stuff. Hopefully next year they'll choose a, you know, good song rather then the same crap every year. We faired well enough though. Got a few average votes here and there. Stopped getting them towards the end I noticed. It sucks we don't have many neighbour countries. *coughEasternEuropecough*.

I didn't like the fact that the first 7 votes were just displayed and only three were given out. Really ruined the suspense of it all. It was fun despite the fact that it dragged it on a bit.

Lordi deserved it just on effort. The amount of fireworks alone was breath taking. Everyone is accusing them of being devil worshipers apparently, but if you listen to their song, it's really upbeat. It's all about striking down the foolish who try to mess with our lives, and the mght of rock and roll. Great stuff.

I think it's a shame the UK only got 25 points though. I really thought we had a pretty good song this year.

Also, Terry Wogan once again met his own high standards. It simply wouldn't be worth watching without him.

YEAH! I won £65! :yay: 12/1 my arse they were sure fire winners!

There had no competition really. VERY surprised in Greece, wasn't as good as i first thought and she looked nothing like she did on the website. I disliked the Russian entry but the piano bit was pretty good.

The most hilarious entry was the men who did sounds, and didn't use any instruments, what the hell was the walking robot thing?

Well anyway Finland deserved to win, It was so cool! United Kingdom gave them 12 marks which was brilliant!

They put the most effort in, the song rocked and it was pretty hilarious espicially when he went high! and it was DIFFERENT.

Superb. Enjoyed the Eurovision alot this year. :)

Well done Finland! :yay:

Just seen the video for Britain last night, the crowd seemed really into it. I don't like the song though - no doubt it'll go to number 1 in the charts...

I lovede it when Fern took the piss out of the hostess. I cant remember her exact words but something to the effect of "Yes it has benn an amazing night". Brilliant. Lordi owns, they were good at Download last year and hopefully theyve put an end to the constant stream of crap that is Eurovision.

My flatmate, My girlfriend and I were rooting for Latvia. Says it all really when Latvia beat the UK by 5 points.

I was out last night at Gallows (a rock pub) with my mates. Eurovision was on the TV's, but obviously they'd been muted for the normal club music. However, when Lordi came on they blasted thier song out through the TV. It was great, everyone was going f***ing mental! Even more so everytime they got votes and when they won. Fantastic night! :)

I also had a friend texting me who was against Finland, she was going on and saying that they were probably cheating. My opinion was that it's just way better than all that pop crap. :p