N-Europe

Guest Jordan

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh! God no! The quality will be even worse than when you started due to copying from one lossy format to another.

True, but with sufficient bitrate most poeple won't be able to tell the difference. Heck, loads of people have 64kbps wma on their mp3 players because microsoft claim it's CD quality! :bouncy:

My iPod is broken, it fell on the floor once but I could "repair" it by hitting it. Some time ago it fell on the floor again (no I don't learn of my mistakes) but this time hitting it, doesn't help.

So my question, is there a hard drive mp3 player that is robust enough to sustain a drop or two? I was thinking of getting a Creative one; any opinions on this issue? Thanks in advance.

My iPod is broken, it fell on the floor once but I could "repair" it by hitting it. Some time ago it fell on the floor again (no I don't learn of my mistakes) but this time hitting it, doesn't help.

So my question, is there a hard drive mp3 player that is robust enough to sustain a drop or two? I was thinking of getting a Creative one; any opinions on this issue? Thanks in advance.

I have the Creative Touch Zen and have dropped it on pavement and gravel a few times and the casing has dented a bit but played fine.

Hmm trying to decide between the Creative Vision: M and iPod Video. iPod has the iTunes compatability and the thousands of accessories/other stuff because its so overpopular. Also the better looking. The Vision: M has the better screen and more video format compatabilities. Hmm...

I got my Vision: M on Wednesday.

Complaints: Mine came with quite a lot of scatches on the body, not too fussed really, hardly noticible.

Good things: The video quality is awsome. I've watched a bit of Futurama and Simpsons on it. Absolutly wonderful. I'm transferring all my music at the mo, I'll say what the sound quality is like soon.

Get a Screen protector from Martin Fields, whatever you do. And don't take off the temporary protector until you get a proper one.

Got my Creative Zen Touch yesterday and I'm really content with it.

Finally I can shut down my MP3 player (yes I'm looking at you iPod) and I exported my playlists from itunes, converted them and imported them into that Creative program. So all my playlists together with the songs are on my Creative player now.

The touch pad can be quite annoying sometimes but apart from that I prefer it to the iPod.

Hmm the iPod Video is seriously tempting, you can get the 60GB for £250ish if you try hard enough. Anyone used both to give a comparison? I know the iPod is visually better looking, has iTunes support and all that whereas the Creative has a wider range of video options, better screen and such but it is pricier for less space (which makes a change).

Anyone know when the Creative is being released over here? Still only see it from dodgy sellers in Singapore. Where did you get yours from HDW?

eh?

Ebuyer only seem to have the old Zen Vision in stock not the Zen Vision: M.

savastore reckon they come in at 1-2 weeks at £234.99 excluding postage.

http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10286131&pid=45&tid=279

or importing from yesasia for £224.87

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/section-electronics/pid-1004101117/

• 3 weeks later...

iPods rock, I'm waiting for built in radio and user replaceable batteries.

I don't want to link you to illegal activity but if you search there is a hack for removing DRM from iTunes files in one amazing swoosh, if you know what you're doing quality can be preserved when ripping and burning.. but nothing comes close to CDs. EVER.

I mainly rock CDs, and use iTunes music store to pick up a few odds and socks, exotics tunes which are harder to find or just plain not worth buying a whole album for.

I use a 256kbps VBR lame encoding MP3 codec which peaks at about 2.1mb per minute, it is as low as I am willing to compromise to have my CDs portable on an mp3 player.. it's almost as good as the real CD but lacks that depth.

iPods rock, I'm waiting for built in radio and user replaceable batteries.

I don't want to link you to illegal activity but if you search there is a hack for removing DRM from iTunes files in one amazing swoosh, if you know what you're doing quality can be preserved when ripping and burning.. but nothing comes close to CDs. EVER.

I mainly rock CDs, and use iTunes music store to pick up a few odds and socks, exotics tunes which are harder to find or just plain not worth buying a whole album for.

I use a 256kbps VBR lame encoding MP3 codec which peaks at about 2.1mb per minute, it is as low as I am willing to compromise to have my CDs portable on an mp3 player.. it's almost as good as the real CD but lacks that depth.

You can really tell the difference between a 192kbs mp3 and a 256 kbs mp3? My ears can't even tell with a decently encoded 160kbs.