NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

NEW NEWS

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn compatible with Path of Radiance save

February 20th, 2007

News is coming in from Japan concerning the latest Fire Emblem game, Goddess of Dawn. Apparently Goddess of Dawn is able to interact with your saved game from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance on the Cube. If you plug the memory card into the Cube slot on your Wii, you will get a bonus in Goddess of Dawn. Apparently, you will only get this bonus if you completed Path of Radiance.

from gonintendo, so good news for those who have the cube edition...

NEW NEWS

from gonintendo, so good news for those who have the cube edition...

And good news for a possible Path of Radiance Player's Choice.

So does having the save simply just open up a 'bonus', nothing more? Would have been good to continue with your characters at the level they are at etc. but then again it's generally a different cast this time.

So does having the save simply just open up a 'bonus', nothing more? Would have been good to continue with your characters at the level they are at etc. but then again it's generally a different cast this time.

surely that would have made the gameplay early on unbalanced.

It would have been great if the characters that had survived somehow influencd the start of this game if you plugging in the memory card. Does this have any online?

I'd love to be able to send my top ten fighters against another players.

Maybe the memory card compatibility influences the Ike and mercenaries chapter of the game (supposedly 3rd part of the game), fallen soldiers et all.

Oh, man. I wish I knew about this earlier. Then, I'd import the japanese Path Of Radiance as well. Oh, well. Another months wait shouldn't matter. *-)

the best thing that the bonus could be is an extra map
Or having the fallen greil mercenaries not being able to play, just like they were fallen by the end of PoR.

(once a character dies he can't be played with again)

So, Imagine, if you let Jill die, and use the GC card... perhaps she won't be playable?

*shivers*

I'd imagine some bonus too.

Old characters get a small stat boost if you plug in a GC memory card with a completed PoR save. You can also unlock PoR supports to read on GoD.

Well, as everyone who's played PoR know, small stat boosts can be a gift from above. So, I'll definitely will import the japanese version of PoR, too. That way I'll have a small advantage from the previous Fire Emblem game. \o/

I've definitely got to get this now. A quick qeustion from a FE newcomer - do you only level up in terms of stats or can you get new weapons and armour along the way as well?

Yes, you sometimes acquire (did I misspell it?) a weapon when you kill an enemy. This can be influenced if you have high luck rating, meaning you're more likely to get one. This is taken from what I can remember from gamefaqs.com, which I used after I got through normal mode with some of the members dead. I didn't wanna that to happen again on hard mode, so I decided to set myself into the details of the mechanics in this game and to get hints on how do to the missions. Many a times, I found out I was more efficient then the writer using other means to end the mission with full bonus-stats. Those were very important for me to acquire as I admired one weak character, which I got to control almost at the end of the game. I did that like more then half a year ago. I think it is actually closer to a year, then half a year. But, I digress. I've yet to encounter an event where I got armour from the dead body, hehe.

Thanks for that read Retro. So basically its near enough exactly the same as the Cube version but its on the Wii, well im sold. I care not if the graphics havent been enhanced or the gameplay style is the same, I loved PoR and aslong as the story is strong and you can still connect to the characters then its a must have title for me.

As a bonus, Akatsuki no Megami scans the GameCube memory slot for a Souen no Kiseki save file and awards those who invested time in the GameCube title with extras.
Nice reward!

hmmm makes me wonder if its worth trying to find the first one cheap first, if theres little difference, there is really no advantage in getting the wii version first is there?!

Get Path of Radiance without hesitation. The story in Goddess of Dawn follows on from it so why not? that and it's a bloody awesome game.

I recently bought PoR off of Play.com because it was finally at a fair price. Everywhere else i've looked it's been £35-£40 or simply sold out. I'm prepared to pay £30 from play though as that's standard price for a new game, it can't be found cheaper despite its age.

I recently bought PoR off of Play.com because it was finally at a fair price. Everywhere else i've looked it's been £35-£40 or simply sold out. I'm prepared to pay £30 from play though as that's standard price for a new game, it can't be found cheaper despite its age.

yeah I've been looking around and can't find it cheaper than that tis a shame...

yeah I've been looking around and can't find it cheaper than that tis a shame...

I'd try and get it at that price while you can. I'm pretty sure they've either dropped the price or got more in stock because I would've bought it ages ago. It's selling second hand on ebay for over £30...