NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Good news that they are looking at sequels for both this and Baten Kaitos, although with the latter I just wish they'd bring it to the European market with Wii pointer controls in battle seeing as we never got the game.

Yeah I agree. It makes sense for Nintendo to bring Baten Kaitos Origins to Europe now seeing as they are working on putting together the "Wii de Asobu Selection." It probably makes so much sense that they won't do it. :blank:

Just wondering how a sequel would work , they have pretty much covered most of the worlds natural disasters in this game.

Admittedly , they could work in a different story , but even then it would surely feel a little too similar to this game , although not pushing their sequels too far *cough* Animal Crossing *cough* would seems to be Nintendos current strategy.

After all , once you have seen one Disaster movie you have pretty much seen them all.

Just wondering how a sequel would work , they have pretty much covered most of the worlds natural disasters in this game.

Admittedly , they could work in a different story , but even then it would surely feel a little too similar to this game , although not pushing their sequels too far *cough* Animal Crossing *cough* would seems to be Nintendos current strategy.

After all , once you have seen one Disaster movie you have pretty much seen them all.

Except for Disaster Movie.

Ha!

Seriously though, glad that they're even considering franchising this.

Maybe a Co-op Disaster mode, working together to save people from more Disasters?

Finally beaten REAL Disaster mode. You get a cool Costume-which is a little bit of a double edged sword in terms of wearing because [spoiler=] The Mechanical Ray option means you can't take any damage/run out of Stamina-however you also can't clear your lungs

I think if any sequel were to be made, i think it should be built up around next gen hardware, perhaps a wide GTA style city, more dynamic rescues etc.

Perhaps, the city could be open for online multiplayer- i can dream of MAG style numbers, where rescues could require multiple players.

I think if any sequel were to be made, i think it should be built up around next gen hardware, perhaps a wide GTA style city, more dynamic rescues etc.

Perhaps, the city could be open for online multiplayer- i can dream of MAG style numbers, where rescues could require multiple players.

That gives me an idea ;)

Disaster: Removal of Crisis

An online version of Disaster where the crisis is house removal. Working together you have to move the whole house contents to a removal truck outside.

The crisis comes in the form of the new owners who are nagging you to get out the house and packing heavy explosives and big guns. You would need say 2 people to lift the table/sofa but maybe 4 people for the bed or 8-12 people for the heavy bathtub etc etc.

8-12 people for the heavy bathtub etc etc.

The problem being , if NoE advertised this sequel ;) as poorly as this game then you would never actually find 8-12 people online. :heh:

The problem being , if NoE advertised this sequel ;) as poorly as this game then you would never actually find 8-12 people online. :heh:

It would of course feature a party mode as well (where you can use both 4 Wiimote/nunchunks and 4 Cube/Classic controllers.

It looks like the US may be getting this game after all.

When it comes to the emails I get, I do trust you guys. I’d like to think that you wouldn’t steer me in the wrong direction. Still, with the email I received this morning, I am tagging it as a rumor, just to be on the safe side.

Reader Silver Lunar wanted to know if there was any chance of Disaster: Day of Crisis coming to North America. After Reggie’s comments, you would think that the chances were practically none. That’s why Silver Lunar sent an email to Nintendo customer support, and the response he got back was very interesting.

Hello,

I’m pleased to report that Disaster: Day of Crisis has been announced for North America, but no release date yet.

For future reference, our website’s Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) represents the best place to find the most accurate release dates. Once there, use the questions in the left column to narrow your search based on system, genre, online play, etc.

When you have narrowed your search, click on the game’s title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source!

Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product’s estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Dervin Camden

Nintendo of America Inc.

While plain text wouldn’t really convince me, Silver Lunar sent screen caps of his email correspondence to back his story up. For obvious reasons, I cannot post those pictures on the site. What I can do is vouch for the pictures, and tell you that they indeed look 100% legit.

I am going to get in contact with my rep to see if I can get confirmation of this. That most-likely won’t come through until Monday or Tuesday, so we’ll have to hang tight until then.

Source: GoNintendo

Good for them.

So, the whole "Reggie saying Disaster sucks" is false?

Currently £19.98 in the GAME sale, I picked it up today alongside Batallion Wars II. Unfortunately it wasn't sealed and the disc seemed to be scuffed... It works, anyway.

I'm really impressed thus far, it feels really cinematic. Unfortunately, that opening trailer seems to spoil some major moments...

I got this game, but I don't really feel compelled to play it, dunno what it is. Maybe LBP has too big a hold on me!

@ Tellyn - Was the copy of Disaster you picked up priced as £19.98? The reason I ask is that I know it's in the sale but, however, my local GAME has it priced as £34.99 and I'm a bit unsure whether they are selling it at the sale price or at the full retail price. I am looking to pick it up so I should probably go in and ask them. Not that I need more games at the minute. Trying to juggle Animal Crossing, Monster Lab, Chocobo Dungeon and Dewy's Adventure along with several 360 games. But I can always get it and leave it as there'll be a little bit of a wait for HotD: Overkill and Madworld.

@ Tellyn - Was the copy of Disaster you picked up priced as £19.98? The reason I ask is that I know it's in the sale but, however, my local GAME has it priced as £34.99 and I'm a bit unsure whether they are selling it at the sale price or at the full retail price. I am looking to pick it up so I should probably go in and ask them. Not that I need more games at the minute. Trying to juggle Animal Crossing, Monster Lab, Chocobo Dungeon and Dewy's Adventure along with several 360 games. But I can always get it and leave it as there'll be a little bit of a wait for HotD: Overkill and Madworld.

It's in the sale, you should take it up to the counter and ask them to scan it for you just to make sure. I didn't see Monster Lab in the sale, unfortunately.

Yeh, Monster Lab was on the BOGOF thing so I picked that up with Chocbo Dungeon to save some money. Chocobo Dungeon is £14.98 in the sale anyway so Monster Lab was half price basically with it. :D

But I will when I'm next in GAME take it up to the counter and see what's what. Would like to add it to my collection.

Didn't get Disaster for xmas :( I'm getting it tomorrow from game! Prob going to pick up Trauma Centre 2 and Sket it too if I can find them cheap!

^ the new trauma centre, New Blood, is the same price as Disaster in the sale, i.e. £19.98. Skate It is still full priced at £39.99 in GAME at least.

Yeah I know, though I've so many games I may leave Trauma Centre until I have time for it, by then it could be £15, £20.

Cheapest I've seen skate it is £27 on game.co.uk so if I can't see it tomorrow as cheap I'll order, I'm LOVING Shaun White with the balance board, so if Skate is as good I'll be happy!

Currently £19.98 in the GAME sale, I picked it up today alongside Batallion Wars II. Unfortunately it wasn't sealed and the disc seemed to be scuffed... It works, anyway.

I'm really impressed thus far, it feels really cinematic. Unfortunately, that opening trailer seems to spoil some major moments...

I noticed in my local game that they had new & trade in games in the sale section so you may have picked a trade in / or they gave you a trade in copy of the game. I think new copies in the sale were the same price as the 2nd hand / traded in copies of disaster.

Finally got this yesterday, only played it for an hour & half & i like it so far. First game i've bought for the wii for a couple of months (the drought) but it's given me the chance to catch up / complete other games i have.

I picked this up for £15 from GAME. I was with Ine/Eenuh at the time and I just had to buy it. At that price, it'd be a fucking crime not to.

Played a bit of it so far, and just completed the first driving section and a bit more after that. Very, very fun. I like it. There's some great variation in this game, and some great uses of the Wiimote. Also, the characters are great, and it definitely is B-Movie cheeeeesse.

Does this game remind anyone of the film "Cliffhanger" with Sylvester Stallone? Especially the first section at the Volcano? :D (substitute with snowy mountain)

Does this game remind anyone of the film "Cliffhanger" with Sylvester Stallone? Especially the first section at the Volcano? :D (substitute with snowy mountain)

Actually it made me thing of a cross between the Die Hard films and Volcano :heh:

Actually it made me thing of a cross between the Die Hard films and Volcano :heh:

Haha, I definitely do see the Die Hard similarity.

I can't wait to play more of this. So, I've got this and No More Heroes to play. Two supremely awesome games. And, got given Brawl as a gift.

Awww, I love teh Wii.

I got this on Saturday along with House of the Dead 2 & 3. Ended up getting both for £26. Haven't started this yet though, only HotD. You know the story, crap load of games to get through, so little time.

I got this on Saturday along with House of the Dead 2 & 3. Ended up getting both for £26. Haven't started this yet though, only HotD. You know the story, crap load of games to get through, so little time.

Wait you got Disaster... so does that mean your no longer on 3.2?