NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Would someone please show me where Reggie trash talked about it? It's just something that IGN commented on the podcast, they didn't actually show any transcript or the interview did they? And since they usually distort everything and it wouldn't make sense for Reggie to do that, I won't believe it until I see/hear it.

Here is the discussion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8CjgLin4Ts

Make of this what you will but a few months ago I was on some website(cant recall the name at the moment) which was doing a live feed of Disaster and in the chat box someone posted that it wasn't coming to the US because a higher up at Nintendo NOA didn't like the game ::shrug:

Would someone please show me where Reggie trash talked about it? It's just something that IGN commented on the podcast, they didn't actually show any transcript or the interview did they? And since they usually distort everything and it wouldn't make sense for Reggie to do that, I won't believe it until I see/hear it.

They dont "distort" everything at all. The only people who distort things are the people who write up the inaccurate "transcript" summaries of what was said in them.

No, they actually do, I'm not just talking about podcasts, they say inaccurate stuff all the time and again, there is no interview with Reggie saying such a thing, he most likely said something similar to them and they took it out of proportion as usual. Not that it matters what he says the game is here and it's great, but I don't buy it that he said it.

I agree. Whatever Reggie said about Disaster was off the record, and when that fact fails to be mentioned, you have to question whether those reporting it can really be trusted.

Just completed it myself on Normal mode. My only gripe would the driving sections (the one in Port Alex/Race down the mountain path were both pretty annoying) Final Stats below:

Battle Time 1:17:07 ©

Enemy Kill Ratio: 95% (A)

Shooting Accuracy: 71.6% ©

Battle points: 233929 (B)

Clever shots: 12

Head Shots: 237

Max Combo: 254

Damage recieved: 11108 (D)

Near Death Experiences: 43 (B)

Unsaved People: 8 (A)

Overall Ranking: Great (A)

Wow I suck Lol

I reckon this will end up like 12.99 from gameplay at some time, I'll hold out till then. I was thinking of buying a 360, but with this, CODWAW and QoS I'm too busy on the Wii!

I reckon this will end up like 12.99 from gameplay at some time, I'll hold out till then. I was thinking of buying a 360, but with this, CODWAW and QoS I'm too busy on the Wii!

You should've bought this instead of those two :P

Anyone know how to save these people?

[spoiler=]Towards the end of the game theres's 2 people I can't save one in the flood level (guy that gets knocked into the river from the lorry) and the person who is on the other side of the fence in the level with the Wind/Hide behind the cars

Can anyone help?

i think anyone would agree if i say that the driving scenes are completely sh*t. You cant see anything on some driving stages and motion controlls dont work on small mountain roads. Why could they used the analogue stick for this?

Anyone know how to save these people?

[spoiler=]Towards the end of the game theres's 2 people I can't save one in the flood level (guy that gets knocked into the river from the lorry) and the person who is on the other side of the fence in the level with the Wind/Hide behind the cars

Can anyone help?

I think you have to find a rope or something from somewhere for the first one.

Once you get near the steps to go up to the freeway, you should get a key from somewhere. Before going up the steps turn right (toward where the guy is) and you can use the key to get through the gate to him.

Sorry these are a bit vague, it's been a hectic few weeks (moving house soon)

I think you have to find a rope or something from somewhere for the first one.

Once you get near the steps to go up to the freeway, you should get a key from somewhere. Before going up the steps turn right (toward where the guy is) and you can use the key to get through the gate to him.

Sorry these are a bit vague, it's been a hectic few weeks (moving house soon)

Thanks I'II be sure to give it a go, once I reach the later part of the game. Currently replaying to max out weapons/stats at the moment.

Anyone know how many Hidden costumes there are and hey there are unlocked?

About the second guy, the complete answer is here:

Go to the building where there are various doors in which you can enter, go in all of them, one of them has the key to the North door

can anyone tell if you can see how many unrescued casualties you got for one stage (except the end of a level)?

EDIT:

Found it in the information menu, can anyone tell in what stage i can find rescue 30,44,45 that are the only rescues left for me.

Completed the game a second time now. Going to try a 3rd time now on Hard mode. I'm still missing about 35 Titles and the odd Stamina sign from various levels.

BTW did anyone find the Hurricane Costume? You have to search the Female toilet , but be sure to check several times to get it ;)

[..]

BTW did anyone find the Hurricane Costume? You have to search the Female toilet , but be sure to check several times to get it ;)

I think it was the first I got.. So late in the game, I wondered if had missed (m)any.

There is a frog Costume as well. But you need to be damm fast in saving someone to earn it ;)

There is a frog Costume as well. But you need to be damm fast in saving someone to earn it ;)

Took me a while to get that one. I think I have most (if not all) costumes , but really need to get back on this and check my file though.

Took me a while to get that one. I think I have most (if not all) costumes , but really need to get back on this and check my file though.

I'm still missing a lot of the costumes-including the Frog one.

Have you unlocked all 100 Titles yet? I've got about 70 now.

In an exclusive interview with Cubed3 that will be published in the next day or so, Nintendo-owned Monolith Soft talks about Disaster on Wii, the game's performance and the future of Baten Kaitos.

First up some bad news: Given how Reginald Fils-Aime does not seem to be Disaster's biggest fan, waiting on sales of the game to come in before green-lighting a US release, the obvious question had to be about how the game has performed so far. Sadly Hitoshi Yamagami, Producer at Nintendo, confirmed many people's worst fears. Unfortunately it seems that the game is "performing lower than expected". He did go on to state that "Regardless of the region, "'DISASTER' can be enjoyed by any consumer that loves 'disaster' style movies." So perhaps Reggie should take that into consideration and appease those in the US grieving over the possibility of not getting their hands on such a highly entertaining game.

There is some hope for the future of Disaster, with fans potentially set to see Raymond Bryce make a return. Whilst discussing the Day of Crisis' various gameplay approaches, Keiichi Ono, Director at Monolith Soft, let the following slip, "...there were so many wonderful options [ in the game ]. We would like to see the possibility for them, if we have chance to develop the sequel..." Interestingly enough, Ono-san also mulled over the idea of a DS version when asked, responding by saying the team "can consider [ a DS version ] if we have many requests." He did say, however, that the game is obviously more suited to a home console because of the grand nature of its premise, but at least the suggestion was not completely dismissed. Do you feel there is potential for the game to be scaled back and put on DS to appeal to a wider market or should it remain on Wii with future sequels?

Yamagami-san later went on to confirm that a concept for the sequel is already in place (Disaster: World at Crisis anyone?), yet it will go no further than that early stage unless fans raise their voices and gamers rush out and buy more copies of the original. So you know what to do?

Finally, it was hinted at that Monolith has more than one Wii project underway, plus the team is "willing to start developing Baten Kaitos" when given the go-ahead. More details will be revealed when the full interview goes live in the couple of days.

Cubed3

I hope more people rush out and buy this game I'm still enjoying it. At the moment I'm trying to beat the evil REAL Disaster mode. I'm also missing a couple of the Stamina signs across a few levels.

Anyone cleared the final shooting range yet?

Good news that they are looking at sequels for both this and Baten Kaitos, although with the latter I just wish they'd bring it to the European market with Wii pointer controls in battle seeing as we never got the game.

All very interesting- especially the concept of a sequel. Sales are proving poor, and i'd actually like to see the price drop to £19.99 now to stimulate some further sales. With a lower price tag, right before Christmas, it could prove a successful strategy.