NEurope
Mokong

Nintendo Conference Disscussion

the only thing I'm worried about wii controller is that too much moving around and stuff, I wanna just play not jump around all the time.

I thought it was a great show (dispite my gamespot player starting late and cutting off as Miyamoto was starting to play the tennis game). Granted there were a few things that i expected and didn't get (Smash Bros, the opening of the front panel, release dates and prices...when can we expect these?).

Still enjoyed the show, Zelda, Red Steel looked loads fun and all the vids looked top notch and it's looking the only way i'm gonna get everything i want at luanch is if i win the lotto :p

Miyamoto said this would be one of the first titles for Wii..
Yes a launch title,but not first to see.

Yes Nintendo you're getting boring trying to give us a new way to play games (Which btw you haven't even purchased a DS). Also Ninty what's with all these games that we knew you were going to show. You know, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy.. Oh wait a minute that wasn't Ninty.

I find it highly hypercritical (SP?) of you to state Ninty is boring yet in the same line tell us how great sequels to PS2 games are. And there wasn't even real game footage of MGS.

I really wish some people read what they typed instead of just pushing the buttons and hoping for a credibly sentence.

Nintendo has been trying to change the way we play games (bongo's, mic, dance mat), I bought all... liked it for 3 days and then it gets boring and the replay value is crappy, cuz it gets real old, real fast.

I wanted Nintendo to show us games we were expecting but knew little or nothing about (SSBM/F-Zero/Kirby/Donkey/Mario Kart/Pokemon RPG). They only showed MP3, every1 saw Zelda screens/movies be4. So what I'm saying is, they should have tried to overwhelm the fans with new footage from upcoming games everyone is looking forward to. And that didn't happen, imo

the only thing I'm worried about wii controller is that too much moving around and stuff, I wanna just play not jump around all the time.

What are you, a 46 year old Lib-Dem MP? You may as well say you want to play, not have fun!

not at all. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I just dont want them to fail. I want them to have the best system for the next couple of years. But I expected so much more, I can't understand how most of you are not dissapointed? No Smash Brothers?? Miyamoto said this would be one of the first titles for Wii..

Yes, you're right. I geuss I'll just have to make do with Prime3, Zelda, Red Steel, Mario Universe, and Crystal Chronicles for a few months. Boo, sob, weep ect.

Yes, you're right. I geuss I'll just have to make do with Prime3, Zelda, Red Steel, Mario Universe, and Crystal Chronicles for a few months. Boo, sob, weep ect.

ur missing the point... it doesnt matter it doesnt get released on launch day, but they should have had a little footage to get every1 more hyped.

Nintendo, you're getting boring...Who saw the new MGS or FF on PS3? Have to say; they looked mint. Won't we be having fun hitting golf balls, and...Did i see a horse riding game in the conference!? Yeh!!!...The games basically looked like an extended version of the DS demos at E3 in 2004; gimmicky and shallow.

OK some of the Wii sports games looked a bit shallow but games like Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3? I think that after playing an FPS with this new crontroller going back to standard control pads will seem like a big step backwards. The FHC will give you so much more control and freedom and I certainly don't think it's gimmicky.

I'm bloody glad Nintendo have decided to take a risk and give us new innovative ways to play because I have been getting bored of playing games lately. Everything's the same but better looking. I'm looking forward to seeing how developers come up with new and exciting ways to play games.

OK some of the Wii sports games looked a bit shallow but games like Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3? I think that after playing an FPS with this new crontroller going back to standard control pads will seem like a big step backwards. The FHC will give you so much more control and freedom and I certainly don't think it's gimmicky.

I'm bloody glad Nintendo have decided to take a risk and give us new innovative ways to play because I have been getting bored of playing games lately. Everything's the same but better looking. I'm looking forward to seeing how developers come up with new and exciting ways to play games.

I agree, for FPS the controls are awesome... but for fighting games/platform games/soccer games, I have my doubts.

The reason I think Nintendo held back SSB is because Sony have, apparantly, yet more to reveal about the PS3, possibly at TGS just before it's launch, and Nintendo would be smart to hold back the sequel to the GC's biggest selling game.

GC's biggest selling game.

Didn't think it was.I don't think they're even starting it untill June,wouldn't take that long to make or they're keeping it a surprise.

i just watched the trailers on ign for all the games, i've got to say, im abit dissapointed, a few games look great, red steel etc, but the rest just look meh. Just looks like gamecube:(

#

...Yeh? Only game i want to play there is Zelda and probably Metroid too, which Zelda IS a Gamecube game, and if you looked at shots from Metroid is may as well be too. The controller will be good for Metroid at least though.

Mario'll be a giggle for a half hour then bored, it's supposed to be "Mario 128" yeh?...I bet that never 'really' existed as a concept, they just made it up and it was subdued to massive speculation. As for Crystal Chronicals...I have the first, it was boring and dull if rather pretty. Give me the new FF on the PS3; that looked like something bloody special mate, same with MGS (even though i'm not too into them).

I'm an adult mate, i don't want to be playing Spongebob and look like the kid doing pilotwings (he is what 5? - Nintendo trying to shake kiddy image!). I'll have fun with Mario and i hate GTA so don't say i just love blood and guts, but i do want to play Killzone, Steel Battalion, Doom, HL2 stuff like that. As for the other games, Disaster and Hammer really looked like 3rd party mediocre, if we're still judging them from the tiny amount of clip we got. Looked nothing like should be coming from first party.

As for everyone's bashing on about my DS comments, yeh; i see the consoles value for some and i'm happy it's been a success. Better than than the PSP, even though that is unaguably more of a technical marvel (it's an impressive piece of kit and don't try to deny it). The DS just does not appeal to me in any way and i've simply not been impressed with anything it's done. Not nearly as impressed i was with the N64's graphical leap from the SNES for example. I get some people love it, my little brother love's his. It's just an opinion...It's justified; don't slate it.

I agree, for FPS the controls are awesome... but for fighting games/platform games/soccer games, I have my doubts.

I'm sure we will find out if it can work. Smash Bros. should show is how a fighting game will work (when it's revealed that is). As for platform games I'm sure Super Mario Galaxy will show us how platformers are going to be controlled. I wish they had demonstrated that game though as I'm very curious as to how it works!

don't you have great taste

Yes I do!:yay:

people, do not feed the trolls, they'll go away if they're starving. Anyway, unless super paper mario comes out quick, I bet they'll put it on Wii

ahg. missed the nintendo press confrence totaly. any one know where i can download a stream other then gamespot thats um free?

O.K. i'm going to get my thoughts in here before the ritual dragging out into the streets and beheading starts. Personally I liked the conference. Not brilliant but I liked it. Most notable are Super Mario and WiiSports, which i'm particularly happy about because it is the one game, thats right one game from E3 that I could see playing with anyone, which is exactly what Nintendo have been wanting. I like the Wiiconnect thing, pretty neat.

DS has a nice lot of games showing up there too. Yay for Yoshi.

Now this one's for Scorp, I noticed one of your major complaints is the lack of hyping footage. You don't understand any of what Nintendo have been trying to do. No offence, you just don't. For years now Nintendo have said they want people to play the games. Play them. The reason Nintendo didn't show any video footage of Wii tilll now. Play them. Not see, play. That is why tommorow there will be 27 games to play. That is why we were'nt blown away by trailers.

Many people have been disapointed just because they expected too much. Granted i'm also disapointed Nintendo didn't mention Smash Bros, but we'll just have to wait.

Oh and the sony conference sucked. It just did. I liked Microsofts.

and if you looked at shots from Metroid is may as well be too.

You'd notice a difference in graphics.

Mario'll be a giggle for a half hour then bored, it's supposed to be "Mario 128" yeh

No it's not,where did you even hear it from,it's suppose to be in development but did anyone say it was?

As for Crystal Chronicals...I have the first, it was boring and dull if rather pretty.

As for this.It's a different game anyway.

I'm an adult mate, i don't want to be playing Spongebob and look like the kid doing pilotwings

No one said you had to.

Nintendo trying to shake kiddy image!).

Probably because they don't have a kiddy image.PS2 has Hello Kitty.

I'll have fun with Mario and i hate GTA so don't say i just love blood and guts, but i do want to play Killzone, Steel Battalion, Doom, HL2 stuff like that.

Don't like GTA either.Blood and guts would be nice though

It's just an opinion...It's justified; don't slate it.

Don't worry about being slated.People should value others opinions,your free to express your feelings and opinions.

and with GTA u can just get the PC version with downloadable stuff...problem solved...well unless u have a slow PC like me :(

so far:

wii

dislike:

i'm not impressed with wii graphics, nothing spectacular

like:

controller

price should be cheaper than ps3

Zelda at launch

I'm sold :)

The graphics where better than I thought anyway,some looked really good.