NEurope
Sarka

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Well apparantly Nintendo are gonna make a big announcement soon, so a bundle would go down very well with the japanese.

Thanks Marcel, just watched it - though it wasnt a smooth ride.

The games looking good, Im looking forward to reading more about it leading up to its release. Controversial!

Yeah but they are not good enough to make a bad shallow idea into a good game. Sure they might be able to make a good game when the premise is good, unfortuantly here it isn't.

Whats shallow about replacing the slow tedious menu driven battle system that DQ is notorious for with something a little more active.

Also, thank god the main character stays in first person cause he looks pathetic.

50831520070124_115919_0_big.jpg

50831520070124_115920_1_big.jpg

50831520070124_115921_2_big.jpg

I'm excited about this and will most likely get it. Okay the fact that it appears to be on the rails seems a shame but the fighting looks so accurate and immersive.

Damn I want this game.Wish they would hurry up with a release date for Japan,this was suppose to be a launch title was it not?

Damn I want this game.Wish they would hurry up with a release date for Japan,this was suppose to be a launch title was it not?

Yup, but I think that this is intentionally pushed closer to Dragon Quest IX's launch.

I cant wait for this either, itll be my second Wii purchase unless Tiger Woods comes out first.

Im confident that the battle system here is going to be superior to past DQ games

Still looking forward to this, still not sure about the on rails play though, will have to see how indepth it turns out to be.

Square has confirmed that Dragon Quest is 80% complete :

Square-Enix has confirmed that by far, Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii is 80% complete. Unfortunately an exact release date isn’t available yet for Japan, but the game is expected to be released later this year.

Source

Square has confirmed that Dragon Quest is 80% complete :

Source

I'm eager to see the sales in Japan when this ships.

I'd guess Square is also waiting for a better time, stock-wise, to release it.

Since it's almost impossible to get a Wii now.

Guess what folks!

There is now a Japanese release date of June 28th.

Yep finally a release date for Japan,so maybe we will see this over in Europe late '07 or early '08

Hopefully this will boost the sales for the Wii in Japan.

Source1

Source 2

Hopefully this will boost the sales for the Wii in Japan.

surely it will, I mean you should get Dragon Quest fans who have no interest in the Wii who will buy the Wii purely for this.

New date for the game.

According to this news, Japan can expect to see Dragon Quest Swords hit the streets on July 12th, 2007. Once again no date for the US, but I am sure we will see the game released here. I’d love to see some new footage/screens as well!

From GoNintendo.

It would be really good if we got this in September/ October part of the year rather than Christmas. Still, any time this year is better than '08! :smile: