NEurope
Sarka

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Discuss Square's new Wii game here!

All we know is that it's going to be a launch game, more details soon (hopefully)

This is the best new I could here today. Great game.

This is amazing news. I have just got in form work and I cant belive what im reading. This will do great things for Wii.

Awesome stuff. First DQ title for a Nintendo console since the SNES!

This launching with Wii will explode sales in Japan! Nintendo won’t be able to meet demand for this console in Japan no mater how long they have been stockpiling it!

This will make the Wii sell out in Japan in approxamatly 3.5256 seconds...

Never played a DQ, and haven't played the FFs much, but, by what I already know about the game, and by what I'm reading, this is a good thing.

Awesome news, absolutely wonderful news. Not a bad launch title at all.

We(ii) need more support like this from other developers, if the console is to be successful.

Dragon Quest Swords makes me think its a spin-off as opposed to a genuine member of the DQ series, I hope its a proper RPG though rather than an action RPG - I expect it will be as they won't want two such similar games (this and CC) to be competing at launch. Those two titles should really make the Wii appeal to the Japanese from day one. Great news.

With the annoucment of this game i think the entire gaming community of Japan have just collectivly wet their pants.

This is great news and to think its only Monday, what more could be instore

Now this just increase my "must get list" for launch...if this keeps up by Friday i'm gonna have to take out a loan to get my Wii at launch with all i'll be needing for it.

Wow, this is great, this SE support will have SE fans over the N-Wii quicker then you can say urine.

wow!!! need to know more!!! :D i'm currentl loving Dragon Quest 8 for ps2 so i'm very very excited by this anouncement! need more info *gnaws off arm in excitement over e3*

We need a LOT of footage over the next to days to keep us out of suspense,not long XD

holly crap i wasn't expenting dragon quest not in a million years this is insane and it's a launch title. my exsitment just multiplied. revolution is allready an rpg dream system we have zelda, final fantasy cc & now dragon quest wowa.

holly crap i wasn't expenting dragon quest not in a million years this is insane and it's a launch title. my exsitment just multiplied. revolution is allready an rpg dream system we have zelda, final fantasy cc & now dragon quest wowa.

To right, all that I need now is Skies of Arcadia 2 and I will be set for life.

I'm so hyped about this one...

for square-enix to give away Dragon Quest is like something secondary next to FF series, but it's still so much... and I'd prefer a DQ over a FF nowadays... thank you square :D

To right, all that I need now is Skies of Arcadia 2 and I will be set for life.

Plus a Golden Sun, Baten Kaitos and Tales of game then the icing would truly be on the cake.

Isn't DQ that game were there was once an unofficail bank holiday in Japan for the release of a new DQ game cuz it is that popular. (I'm sure i heard that somewhere)

I'm actually startin to worry that the Europe launch might get delayed because of this. With a DQ game at launch the Japs are gonna take most (if not all) of the Wii stock like they did with the DS lite

Plus a Golden Sun, Baten Kaitos and Tales of game then the icing would truly be on the cake.

OOOO Golden Sun I hope that there is a new version of that on the DS or Wii.

well if goldensun is there it's not a launch title but like anouther megaton after the square-enix titles make way, i don't know what ill do if i see goldensun as well.

I don't know if it's Golden Sun or not... but... I really want a Camelot RPG :D

Please nintendo make it happen.

well if goldensun is there it's not a launch title but like anouther megaton after the square-enix titles make way, i don't know what ill do if i see goldensun as well.

Golden Sun could still be a launch title as its 1st party aint it? I know Camelot made it along with Shining Holy Ark on the Saturn which was another awesome rpg.

Dragon Quest Swords makes me think its a spin-off as opposed to a genuine member of the DQ series, I hope its a proper RPG though rather than an action RPG

Well spotted mate. I too thought it's a bit odd that it's called "Dragon Quest Swords". Then on a 2nd thought I suspect it's their way of bringing in wiimote into action. I think it will be an action-RPG, where you're swinging a Sword in a Dragon Quest world. Seems to make sense, doesn't it?

About Dragon Quest hype in Japan, that's quite right. Particularly in the olden days of NES, every release was greeted with a mile long campers of dads and sons (literally in a small tent) outside big stores. Later on the same day mugging would ensue, not for money but for the Dragon Quest carts. Apparently schools instructed kids to hide the carts on the way home from stores, as 20-somethings would spot a kid with the game and follow him into a dark alley where he'd nick the cart.