NEurope
Sarka

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

I've still been playing this in between other games. I'm actually at the last boss and have been for a couple of days but I refuse to fight it before I get the armour for the 100 mini medals and I'm at least level 40. I'm currently level 30 and have 50 medals, so there's still quite a bit of grinding/farming to be done.

Trying to farm the mini medals is a tedious affair. I've been doing the first section of Caliburn Cave over and over again, just searching the grass and bushes, before zooming back to town. With the medals being random sometimes I have a great run and get five but then I get a few runs in a row where I get sod all. The Monster Hunter desire sensor is in this game! :( 

• Thanks 1

Well, I had a decent session on this last night and managed to reach level 40 and got my mini medal count up to 80.

D-cfiv9XYAA_3TL?format=jpg&name=small

I started doing runs of the final level to level up and get mini medals at the same time. Figured I may as well work towards both goals at the same time. I would do about 3/4 of the level and then just zoom back to town. I'm hoping to get the remaining 20 medals this evening, as well as fight the final boss.

• Thanks 1

I finally nabbed it!

D-h4_vFXUAA5wy1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D-h4_xvX4AEh4AR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

With that in hand, I set about making my way to the final boss. The final stage is quite a long one but because my armour and level were what they are, I didn't take much damage on the way to the final battle. Xiphos was pretty easy except for the special move he pulls off. Everything was going well until he pulled that move out of the bag. It ended up killing Fleurette instantly and nearly wiped me out as well. Luckily, I had Yggdrasil Leaf handy that I quickly used and then I healed myself up. Not long after that I ended up making the killing blow. The boss was defeated and the kingdom saved. :yay:

Spoiler

D-h4_4-XoAEJc9t?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D-h5AAYXsAIHaTL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D-h6g8kXYAAU4OT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Once again, this is another game i'm happy I finally got to play. It's very much a fan service game and it's just a shame that it came out so early in the Wii's lifetime. I imagine the game would have been a much smoother experience had it be made with the nunchuck and motion + in mind. Still, fun game that is worth playing through for anyone who is a fan of the standard Dragon Quest games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1