Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

EU release update.

Something I notices on nintendo.co.uk

4 games are listed in upcoming.

1: Wii Fit -25 apr

2: Ace Attourney - a date in may, i forget

3: Smash Bros. Brawl - 2008

4: Ninja Gaiden DS - 12 jun

anyone think its strange of them to put the title between those two dates?

nice find, mr. detective (no sarcasm intended) That might be where their trying to get it released! Hopefully its true and we will get it in between that but I honestly couldn't care less :P I'm loving mario kart too much now! :D

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still predicting a June 6th release date after what Nintendo's head man in France said (also Amazon recently changed the estimated delivery date to the 3rd-5th, which is oddly specific to say the least). It's still a complete mystery though as to why they've neglected to officially even pencil in some kind of date.

Changing all the Pokemon to capitals. :smile: No wonder it's taking so long. ;)

Gah, sorry for being slow. Must'ave been tired. :p

nice find, mr. detective (no sarcasm intended) That might be where their trying to get it released! Hopefully its true and we will get it in between that but I honestly couldn't care less :P I'm loving mario kart too much now!

That looks promising. Nice find, Professor Layton! :)

EDIT: Wait a second ... The 6th of June is the start of my 3 week exam preparation study. If Brawl does indeed get released that day, my exams are gonna be tough!

Come to think of it, I believe my local store said a while ago that the 6th of June would be the release date. They knew it might change, though.

Wow, I just tried to play my first online match against strangers, and it just totally lagged like crazy. I mean, the three second countdown took like 15 seconds or something to pass, and after that it just all frooze. D:

I can be a spectator without a problem though. Do Friends matches lag as much as those random ones or is it my connection that is so crappy? =O

If the release date were to be June 6th, that would be so damn perfect, 'cause my AS level exams are on the 3rd and 4th. and Brawl would be a great way to relax. Well, it comes 2nd to going out with the missus. But still, damn good timing if it were to happen. :)

Unfortunately my exam dates are not as perfects as Lee's. On the 6th June I have an Additional Maths GCSE exam, plus I'd still have 2 exams each on the 10th and 11th. I'd personally be hoping for a 13th June release date for Brawl :heh:

Yeah but I don't want to risk peeking and finding something I don't have. Sorry to be picky.

And I don't think that the dojo lists all of them, it says it misses out some, ones you cant find in the sound test or summat.

Just got Wolf. He's one of my favs already, feels fantastic.

Anyway, me and my mates decided to go play Melee to see what it felt like after playing Brawl (haven't touched Melee since Brawl came). And we all agreed that Melee plays so so much better. Brawl may be the better package but Melee is so much faster, more responsive and above all it plays way more like a fighter. If I was to compare it to anything, I guess it would be Mario Tennis and Mario Power Tennis. Power Tennis had nicer graphics, way more options, more characters, longer lifespan etc, but I still think the original was superior in terms of core gameplay.

Just got Wolf. He's one of my favs already, feels fantastic.

Anyway, me and my mates decided to go play Melee to see what it felt like after playing Brawl (haven't touched Melee since Brawl came). And we all agreed that Melee plays so so much better. Brawl may be the better package but Melee is so much faster, more responsive and above all it plays way more like a fighter. If I was to compare it to anything, I guess it would be Mario Tennis and Mario Power Tennis. Power Tennis had nicer graphics, way more options, more characters, longer lifespan etc, but I still think the original was superior in terms of core gameplay.

Yeah i'd agree, and the comparism to Mario tennis is spot on.

I don't know why, but Brawl s WAY less responsive than melee; it's quite weird why. It's still a great package though, even though i haven't really played the game much.

Hmm Zell, you should come over and play Brawl, i want to give it another shot.

That's strange because I can't play Melee anymore, it feels unpolished, lacks in presentation and I prefer the fighting style. Maybe I'd feel different if I'd have been good at Melee, but I only really learnt the good techniques in Brawl, might have missed a bit from Melee.

Guest Jordan

I honestly perfer Brawl alot over Melee.

Melee feels "loose" and far too fast. Brawl's slower pace and improved accessibility is a huge factor. That and Brawl gets nuts with alot of items, 4 people and smash balls all over the place.

My biggest upset in Brawl is Sheik... In Melee her F-air could pretty much KO any mid weight at 100% (as a flying side kick should do), but oh god, look how she struggles to ko anyone well above 100% in Brawl. Right A and Up A are the only reliable KO moves.

Wasn't it done this way so that people would use zelda more as pretty much any of her smash attacks would finish you in melee, if connected properly with that is.