N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

What's the problem with Brawl?....What's the ONLY thing that makes it different from other games?

Being Duel Layered.

It seems that either this, or repeated use of the Freeloader, was the straw that broke the camels back as far as my Wii's disc drive is concerned. Brawl played fine for just over a week and then I started to get error messages, crashes, and now I can't load a single game - not Wii Sports, not Mario Galaxy, not Zack and Wiki, not anything! It just doesn't spin the disc when I put one in, you can tell by the (lack of) sound. I'm gonna try to get a repair job from Nintendo but I've had it since launch so I don't know if it's covered.

Not meaning to sound alarmist, but after looking into this and seeing the probs so many people have had (esp with Brawl) it seems that launch batch Wiis are well dodgy, and almost bound to conk-out sooner rather than later. More and more games will be dual layered as time goes on and Wii games become more substantial (well, it might happen). Anyone who has had issues with reading Brawl (I suspect anyone with a launch window console) should keep an eye out for probs.

It feels so frustrating not being able to play it at the mo! The Easter weekend has kind of hindered my getting in touch with Ninty too. I really loved doing the Emissary with my little bro - took me back to the days of simple fun and classicness playing 2 player Golden Axe and Streets of Rage:) And it feels SO much more fluid and satisfying than Melee. My only consolation right now is the soundtrack which I downloaded in full, and is filled with amazing tracks - some previously unheard favs being 'Smashing Song of Praise', 'Skyworld', 'Power-Hungry Fool' and 'Checker Knights'.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that either this, or repeated use of the Freeloader, was the straw that broke the camels back as far as my Wii's disc drive is concerned. Brawl played fine for just over a week and then I started to get error messages, crashes, and now I can't load a single game - not Wii Sports, not Mario Galaxy, not Zack and Wiki, not anything! It just doesn't spin the disc when I put one in, you can tell by the (lack of) sound. I'm gonna try to get a repair job from Nintendo but I've had it since launch so I don't know if it's covered.

Not meaning to sound alarmist, but after looking into this and seeing the probs so many people have had (esp with Brawl) it seems that launch batch Wiis are well dodgy, and almost bound to conk-out sooner rather than later. More and more games will be dual layered as time goes on and Wii games become more substantial (well, it might happen). Anyone who has had issues with reading Brawl (I suspect anyone with a launch window console) should keep an eye out for probs.

It feels so frustrating not being able to play it at the mo! The Easter weekend has kind of hindered my getting in touch with Ninty too. I really loved doing the Emissary with my little bro - took me back to the days of simple fun and classicness playing 2 player Golden Axe and Streets of Rage:) And it feels SO much more fluid and satisfying than Melee. My only consolation right now is the soundtrack which I downloaded in full, and is filled with amazing tracks - some previously unheard favs being 'Smashing Song of Praise', 'Skyworld', 'Power-Hungry Fool' and 'Checker Knights'.

RROD Part 2:The Flashing Disc Drive of Death?:indeed:

RROD Part 2:The Flashing Disc Drive of Death?:indeed:

The hyperbole is all yours my friend. I was merely describing a genuine problem that I've had, and tempering it with my thoughts on what a wonderful game Brawl is. You'll have to forgive my paranoia, it's only born out of frustration with not being able to play:blank:

On that topic, thank god the Freeloader block was an 'April' fool!

To whoever asked, no, Ike doesn't have to sweet spot with his sword, unlike marth or roy (in melee).

Dedede has a beast of a recovery! His multiple jumps make him one of the best characters to attack of the level with because he's almost always garaunteed to get back on.

Dedede's float jump is crap though and he is asking for a smash attack when he recovers.

I got a really cool video of a meteor smash with Ike on Pokemon Stadium. Twas lush.

Is it me or do all characters have a slightly better jump. The floaty thing people were on about is true to some extent.

Yes, he has a big sword. I mean he lacks a long range move. Like say, Pits Arrows, Fox's laser, even DeDeDe has the Waddle Dee throwing move. Ike has nothing like that.

He doesn't need one though:) Distance attacks aren't that great anyway, appart from maybe Lucario & Samus, and he's cheap enough as it is aready.

Anyway, my original point was that he doesn't need a distance attack, his sword goes annoyingly far enough as it is:)

I'm playing on Hard and getting 3 and 4. Even if I play it on Very Hard, I get 4 and 5. I still don't understand why they couldn't have 1 per character, designed specifically for that characters moveset.

I know...Melee's Break the Targets was awesome.

Dedede's float jump is crap though and he is asking for a smash attack when he recovers.

Use his ^B I assume?

I've barely use him so I don't know much about anything.

I've never even used Wolf :heh:

Yeah....I have no idea what's up with you Wii at all.

When I e-mailed Nintendo, they told me to use their Fast-Track Service on the site.

HOWEVER...I can't even select the console I'm having trouble with :wtf:

On the unworking subject, I don't entirely blame Brawl for it's lack of workingness. If the Wii actually tried to read discs, it would probably work.

It seems that if the 1st going over of the laser doesn't work, it doesn't try after that; it doesn't even spin the disc before the laser scan:shakehead Nintendo!!!!!:indeed:

Diddy and King Dedede have great ^B when it connects, however it takes 10 mins for the to get ready after landing.

Doesnt matter for Diddy cause he's quality.

Does the popgun after charged do more power or is it just faster?

It was just me and King V, yet the lag was so bad! Im not saying Id beat you dude but its not that fair is it tbh! It took half an hour to pull of a move.

It was me you played, but Im Matt as well lol

I couldnt dodge that attack, it wouldnt let me do anything!

was it laggy for you too if it was for me?

It was just me and King V, yet the lag was so bad! Im not saying Id beat you dude but its not that fair is it tbh! It took half an hour to pull of a move.

It was me you played, but Im Matt as well lol

I couldnt dodge that attack, it wouldnt let me do anything!

My connection is just perfect and I just had a few perfect Anyone Fights, so...Your fault! :p Besides we were both on the same boat. Just plan your attacks with a little delay if ever theres lag.

I've pwned all the friends I've played so far: Shadow and Dwarf...Whos next?...I'll be on at 19.30.

Look I know you're good and all but please understand that lag matches aren't fair reflections. At least I beat you a couple of times.

...LMAO! (damn I love pwning :hmm: ) You beat me only twice...Out of how many? :p Plus you used so many characters who naturally should have pwned Sheik. You gotta love my ninja techniques. :p :p :p

Is every online match I play like that gonna be laggy if our one was? If it is that's annoying. Would it help to move the wireless box closer to the Wii?

Can the people Ive added add me please? Cheers.

AS I SAID wait til we play a real game!!! I guess you can't help being cocky lol.

Dude, you didn't 'pwn' me at all, considering how your % was still high and I beat you a couple of times. Not only was there alot of lag making my moves slow and pretty much useless, your character has faster moves giving you the advantage and can raise the % much easier, I couldn't do the moves I wanted because the response time was so slow.

When there's no lag, by all means bring it. I'll be there at 7.30.

Is every online match I play like that gonna be laggy if our one was? If it is that's annoying. Would it help to move the wireless box closer to the Wii?

Can the people Ive added add me please? Cheers.

AS I SAID wait til we play a real game!!! I guess you can't help being cocky lol.

Ahhhhh, the crys of the Pwnded...Just take it like a man! (in your butt cheeks) Gaahahaha!

Wow I really would, and ive said that you probably would beat me most times than not, but I would do much better and you know it.

So I'm not going to take it yet!

You don't like Lucas or Sonic I saw. Everybody use those chars on King V!

To whoever asked, no, Ike doesn't have to sweet spot with his sword, unlike marth or roy (in melee).

Dedede has a beast of a recovery! His multiple jumps make him one of the best characters to attack of the level with because he's almost always garaunteed to get back on.

I find that Rob and Pit have the best recoveries. Pit has multiple jumps plus an awesome up B, while Robs up b alone is almost always more than enough. I don't think I've ever fallen down the bottom with one of them; always off the top or sides only.