Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I played the game for the first time yesterday, didn't work on my TV upstairs because I got a black and white picture, but after I moved it downstairs to a newer TV even the RGB scart cable worked correctly. I went through SSE with a friend of mine. Already unlocked a few characters by going through Classic and playing some Brawls. It's all really fun. :D

Has anyone got With Anyone to work, by the way? I got a FC and am connected but it won't find any other players.

With me, With Anyone works mostly at night. Perhaps around the time Americans are playing at their peak? Anyway pls add me...I need a 1on1 :(

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, at night I get loads of Americans. Runs fine too :)

Oh...NICE TRICK FOR STICKERS/CD's...

Play a multiplayer brawl and ONLY put sandbags on and set HIGH for item occurance. Then beat the bags up. Hey presto, stickers galore and CD's :)

Can't think of a quicker way tbh.

Guest Maase
Actually, don't think it'll work....

For one the lag, for two PAL + NTSC versions have differences.

PAL is always more balanced.

Well, but if i paly with the Code of someone with SSBB American, even being in Europe, there's the same lag has if it was with SSBB European, right?

Has anyone seen Celebi yet in the game? I have had loads of 99 lives matches with nothing but Pokeballs and I have still not seen him. Seen loads of Mew and Jirachi though :)

I got Celebi with the first PokeBall I used in Brawl.:yay:

Yeah, at night I get loads of Americans. Runs fine too :)

Oh...NICE TRICK FOR STICKERS/CD's...

Play a multiplayer brawl and ONLY put sandbags on and set HIGH for item occurance. Then beat the bags up. Hey presto, stickers galore and CD's :)

Can't think of a quicker way tbh.

There is a quicker way. You create your own level with converbelts heading into a wall and put more belts above the previous ones and make them go in the opposite direction. The sandbags will fall and head towards the wall and you can them just beat them senseless. With the belts above you aswell it stops the bags flying all over the place.

It does work a treat as I have been doing it lots but the CDs eventually become rarer and rarer when hitting the bags and you have to hope they just appear on the stage.

Actually, don't think it'll work....

For one the lag, for two PAL + NTSC versions have differences.

PAL is always more balanced.

The only problem is lag(if there's any), apart from that it works since the Friend Codes and territory based.

There is a quicker way. You create your own level with converbelts heading into a wall and put more belts above the previous ones and make them go in the opposite direction. The sandbags will fall and head towards the wall and you can them just beat them senseless. With the belts above you aswell it stops the bags flying all over the place.

It does work a treat as I have been doing it lots but the CDs eventually become rarer and rarer when hitting the bags and you have to hope they just appear on the stage.

I was looking into this and...

This came to mind...

I think I may stop "farming" it's so true!

I was looking into this and...

This came to mind...

I think I may stop "farming" it's so true!

Just read it, thanks for the linkage!

In the final book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, King remarks about how things should be about the journey and not the final destination, and the same thing can be applied to the issue of CD/sticker farming in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The game was out for less than a day or so and already forum boards were filled with threads looking to find what the quickest way to unlock every character, trophy, sticker, and CD was. When did the world become so focused on quickness? Why do we not take the time to take things slow and savor the moment anymore? So you rushed through a game in one day just to say you beat it first…so? What happens when day two comes along?

Always nice to see some other geeks who are also into the Dark Tower! You Brawl farmers out there should take note and focus a bit more on the journey of playing the game and enjoying it, rather than the destination/ completionista methods of unlocking everything asap that you are trying. :heh:

Is it just me or is the SSE actually quite hard?

Trying to achieve pixel perfect jumps with floaty-like characters amongst a ton of weak enemies just thrown in for good measure = head banging at times. I'm all for brawling in a platformer but the careful placement of one or two enemies is far better than a bazillion of them around that one ladder you must climb.

Losing lots of lives now and I'm only at 40% on easy! I think that either my gaming skillz have deteriorated or I maybe thought this would be a walk in the park. I guess half the battle is trying to control characters not normally used. I guess it's great, it's worth playing to see the next epic cut-scene. It's just...(in places) it seems designed to really bugger up the simple things. Which means repetition, until tedium sets in. :o Rant over. Off to die again..Just for those cut scenes and hidden characters.

EDIT: You know what's fun?

Creating bizzare levels and seeing the AI utterly fail. Some comedy moments there.

Is it just me or is the SSE actually quite hard?

Trying to achieve pixel perfect jumps with floaty-like characters amongst a ton of weak enemies just thrown in for good measure = head banging at times. I'm all for brawling in a platformer but the careful placement of one or two enemies is far better than a bazillion of them around that one ladder you must climb.

Losing lots of lives now and I'm only at 40% on easy! I think that either my gaming skillz have deteriorated or I maybe thought this would be a walk in the park. I guess half the battle is trying to control characters not normally used. I guess it's great, it's worth playing to see the next epic cut-scene. It's just...(in places) it seems designed to really bugger up the simple things. Which means repetition, until tedium sets in. :o Rant over. Off to die again..Just for those cut scenes and hidden characters.

I never had any problems for the whole thing on Normal. :blank:

Just read it, thanks for the linkage!

Always nice to see some other geeks who are also into the Dark Tower! You Brawl farmers out there should take note and focus a bit more on the journey of playing the game and enjoying it, rather than the destination/ completionista methods of unlocking everything asap that you are trying. :heh:

For me unlocking stuff IS enjoying it! I love unlockables in games and I always push myself to get them asap. For me this doesnt decrease the enjoyment it only enhances it.

Guest Jordan

There is a new Wii update out, its for Wii Ware apparently since you can't access the shop without it.

I'm updating now, i'll tell you if Smash till works after.

EDIT: Yup, no problem. Go ahead and update your Wii :)

There is a new Wii update out, its for Wii Ware apparently since you can't access the shop without it.

I'm updating now, i'll tell you if Smash till works after.

EDIT: Yup, no problem. Go ahead and update your Wii :)

Did the update come direct to your wii tonight? I've had nothing.

Nice to know it works though :D

Guest Jordan

No, if you go to the Wii Shop channel it goes "omg you need to update."

Then i was like... "oookay." So i went and updated the Wii via the system settings.

Thing is, it might just be a Wii Shop Channel update, the firmware on the console hasn't change. But it could mean that "Wii Software" (Wii Ware sounds far better..) launches here tonight.

No, if you go to the Wii Shop channel it goes "omg you need to update."

Then i was like... "oookay." So i went and updated the Wii via the system settings.

Thing is, it might just be a Wii Shop Channel update, the firmware on the console hasn't change. But it could mean that "Wii Software" (Wii Ware sounds far better..) launches here tonight.

oooo. Will check it out. As long as Brawl still works. Can't believe you risked it :bowdown:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!