Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was reason for PBR. They couldnt release it soon after japanese or us launch due to DP not being out, and they planned the launches of those so it would be a couple months after DP's release so it makes sense. They also had to add the european names, attacks, narrations etc. to it which added an extra month or so

Alot of websites are changing release dates to 01/05/08 Which....

Is a Thursday >.>

I'm remaining hopeful that gameplay's date is accurate. Its the only one that falls on a Friday that has been released. March 28th :p

There was reason for PBR. They couldnt release it soon after japanese or us launch due to DP not being out, and they planned the launches of those so it would be a couple months after DP's release so it makes sense. They also had to add the european names, attacks, narrations etc. to it which added an extra month or so

Plus it's more of a filler title so it didn't matter how long it was delayed.

I'm remaining hopeful that gameplay's date is accurate. Its the only one that falls on a Friday that has been released. March 28th :p

You really think a March release is possible?

I'd be happy if that was the case.

I hate to sound negative, its just... i've been waiting for this game for ages. Its one of the reasons i still have my Wii. NoE treat us like crap.

MS gets games out usually within the same week as other regions. If a game is out on the PS3 i want, i can import it since its region free. But the Wii is just stuck with NoE's release dates (or currently lack of). Its so utterly frustrating.

Just saw movie on 1up for the Diorama mode, looks awesome...

although just read this;

3: As announced, the game comes with demos of the different classic games all the characters hail from. When playing a demo, you are kicked out of the game completely; you need to go back to the Wii's main menu to end the demo and restart playing Smash.

what a load of BS

Just saw movie on 1up for the Diorama mode, looks awesome...

although just read this;

what a load of BS

I dont believe thats right. Theres a video on youtube of someone playing the Ice Climber one and I'm sure they get sent back into Brawl

You really think a March release is possible?

I'd be happy if that was the case.

I hate to sound negative, its just... i've been waiting for this game for ages. Its one of the reasons i still have my Wii. NoE treat us like crap.

MS gets games out usually within the same week as other regions. If a game is out on the PS3 i want, i can import it since its region free. But the Wii is just stuck with NoE's release dates (or currently lack of). Its so utterly frustrating.

I'm starting to think its likely to inevitable

They want to continue the hype machine. Sakurai has around 2 months of updates to go through. That takes us to the end of March.

They wont leave too long a gap in it, especially as 5 of the 7 Dojo sites are european

Given NOE's track record, I will personally cockslap my own Wii and post it on the internet if I'm playing my own copy of Brawl before April.

LMAO Im finding myself swinging from moments of glee, after seeing great stuff in the you tube vids, to moments of sheer anger, when reading and thinking about how long we have to wait. Nintendo, don't put a frown on my place please, you said you wanted to make us smile :yay:

UP B ATTACK

--------------------

Fox: fire fox. A charge followed by a flaming dash in the air.

Wolf: seems like a jetpack. NO CHARGE, just a sudden blast in any direction. This is comparable in difference to Luigi's up B and Mario's. Similar, yet different.

B ATTACK

----------------

Fox: blaster. It fires lasers at rapid speed. The lasers are thin and red and travel very fast.

Wolf: TOTALLY different animation. The lasers are nothing like Fox's. In fact, this move is more like Zero Suit Samus's stun gun. This move is actually not a copy of Fox's blaster at all. The animation is different, the effect is very different. This is a new move.

SIDE B ATTACK

---------------

Fox: Fox illusion. A speedy horizontal dash.

Wolf: Has a similar move, except it goes at a slight 25degree angle. This is indeed a "cloned" move.

DOWN B ATTACK

-------------------

Fox: reflector. It's blue and hexagonal. Hits opponents away.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. Red and has blades that fan out on either side. This probably has much greater offensive power, yet nobody has managed to land it at close range yet. Seems unique enough to be considered a new move.

FORWARD SMASH ATTACK

--------------------

Fox: a leaping heel kick in Tae Kwon Do style. Moves Fox forward a bit.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. A lunging palm strike that covers a great deal of horizontal difference and has substantial lag afterwards, yet starts quickly. This is a totally new move, and is like a cross between Captain Falcon's Fsmash and the illusion move.

UP SMASH ATTACK

--------------------

Fox: flip kick. Covers a semi-circle above Fox's head starting in front of him.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. A jumping upside-down dropkick in the Capoera style that hits above him in a single motion, covering a lot more range above him and slightly to the side as his legs spin into position. Once again, massive range and is a totally unique move.

DOWN SMASH ATTACK

------------------

Fox: a split kick that hits on either side of Fox equally. Fast with lag.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. Wolf swipes low with his claws, hitting in front of him first and then behind. A unique move that's similar in element to Link's down smash.

FORWARD TILT ATTACK

------------------------

Fox: does a quick roundhouse kick in front of him in Tae Kwon Do style.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. Wolf claws at the opponent with a swing of his arm. Lots of lag and it seems almost like a smash attack in its speed and power. Once again...a unique move.

-----------------------

And that's all we've seen of Wolf as of yet, however, it's clear that he's not nearly worthy of the same "clone" title as people have been giving him just because of his red landmaster. If you're going to complain about Starfox clones, go whine about Falco. NOT WOLF. credit to some gamefaqs dude

[/Quote]

From smashboards, looks like Wolf isn't as much of a clone as we thought.

The only clone character really would be Toon Link, but he still has lots of differences

I've been saying this for days :/ There are no clones

I thought Ganon was still a clone.

And I've yet to find a decent Falco vid to notice the differences between him and Fox.

The only clone character really would be Toon Link, but he still has lots of differences

I've been saying this for days :/ There are no clones

I've been thinking about items from WW or PH that would suit him, but they would totally nerf him. The hammer would be too slow and strong for a fast character, the deku leaf is... air, so I don't really think it would be doable. It's sill a pity, I'd like to see some WW items.

I thought Ganon was still a clone.

And I've yet to find a decent Falco vid to notice the differences between him and Fox.

Ganondorf still has some of the same A-Moves, like his forward aerial. But his Up-Tilt has been changed so that it sucks people in. We haven't seen any B-moves except for his Up-B which is definitely different.

That I know of, he throws his deflector shield and has twin blasters.

Well, that's cool. But I still need to see some gameplay footage, to see if his A-moves have had any considerable change.

Ganondorf still has some of the same A-Moves, like his forward aerial. But his Up-Tilt has been changed so that it sucks people in. We haven't seen any B-moves except for his Up-B which is definitely different.

Up-Tilt? The one where he stretches his legs in a painful way? The one that makes me flinch everytime Jiggs rolls full-force into it?

Or is it his Up-B?

Are there any assist trophies from Golden Sun and is Krystal one?

Good question. How come I have yet to see some Golden Sun content in this game?

I've been thinking about items from WW or PH that would suit him, but they would totally nerf him. The hammer would be too slow and strong for a fast character, the deku leaf is... air, so I don't really think it would be doable. It's sill a pity, I'd like to see some WW items.

Hopefully we'll see them in the Final Smash.

Maybe Ciela will come and Hammer everyone on the field. Could be pretty sweet.

doable

The word you're looking for is "feasible" (I think)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!