Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it :'(

I would create my own character and i can go to fight against the other Nintendo Characters, that would be my dream :'(

The 35 char roster has 13 new characters or so not in Melee. Useless characters from Melee have been removed as they have superior equivalents and older characters have upgraded movesets. The Pokemon trainer composes 3 characters and Zelda/Shiek is 2 so in total it's basically 38 characters.

Sakurai never promised every last popular character from every Nintendo franchise. No fighting game is about amount of characters, it's about a diverse range but most importantly a BALANCED selection. If you go too crazy it's incredibly difficult to keep that up without making tons of characters ridiculously gimmicky and stupid.

He never claimed there's be tons of third party characters either, maybe a few was the idea and there are 2, which is coincidentally 2 more than Melee.

Well Mewtwo's not useless nor unoriginal

Stuff em, this is a great idea. Though I would actaully play to have extra characters in the game, though how would that work with Kirby!?

Theres a few characters I hate in the lineup; but to slag it off is ridiculous and shows the moronic nature of some people (especially by the extremity from IGN). The game has SO much, more than any game I can think of; and people need to realise that not everyone will be happy and not every great character can be included. Love it for what it is people!!!

You're absolutely right. The only thing I find odd is that you unlock mostly veterans rather than newcomers. This game truly is a perfect celebration of all things Nintendo (albeit a party that's been crashed by Sonic and Snake, whose appearance among a host of first party characters still seems really out of place to me...).

The only complaint I have, even though I used Mewtwo as my main in Melee, is that Krystal is left out instead of Wolf. I damn hope that Wolf has some pretty cool moves that are totally different from Fox. Also, clones should be a no-go for Sakurai but I hope they just share the same Final Smashes.

I can't be bothered with spoiler tags as there is a spoiler-free thread - I wonder what they will discuss over there? Oo

On a side note, the daily updates at the Dojo will stop this Friday, no?

seriously, did anyone actually want jigglypuff in the game?

YES.....And the Japanese love her/him; that's why it appeared in the original in the 1st place.

People also wanted Mewtwo and NO-ONE wanted to be able to play as ROB.

I think 3 Starfox characters is a bit much to be honest. And I also agree with many about the unlockable of barely any Newcomers, I think that's why people aren't too happy with the roster too; we were expecting more interesting Newcomers to unlock.

seriously, did anyone actually want jigglypuff in the game?

Me.

Reasons:

-Original 12

-Unique moveset

-One of my favourite character to play with (so fun to kill friends with down+B, especially when they don't know about the character and laugh at you when you choose him).

-Ninja headband

-Awesomeness concentrated in a pink ball.

My thoughts regarding just 1 Metroid character and 3 Starfox:

I think that just having Samus from the Metroid series fits the theme of Metroid quite well. Samus has always been alone and the only other memorable characters she has come across have been HUGE monsters. How exactly could you integrate the HUGE monsters in Brawl without taking away from their pure massive-ness?

As for the Starfox characters (I'm obviously a bit biased), the entire series has been done an entire injustice and has been almost ruined. I remember playing Starfox 64 as a kid and was completely enthralled by the story and gameplay. If only the calibre of the past few games had been like Starfox 64, most of you wouldn't be complaining.

As for the Starfox characters (I'm obviously a bit biased), the entire series has been done an entire injustice and has been almost ruined. I remember playing Starfox 64 as a kid and was completely enthralled by the story and gameplay. If only the calibre of the past few games had been like Starfox 64, most of you wouldn't be complaining.

Probably not; the super speed of the Starfox world is annoying though, and the randomly added characters and killing off of Gen. Pepper means SF doesn't deserve 3 characters.

Maybe Sakurai is trying to persuade them to make the games good.

Maybe Sakurai should make the next Starfox!!! (And not kill Pepper who's currently dying)

My thoughts regarding just 1 Metroid character and 3 Starfox:

I think that just having Samus from the Metroid series fits the theme of Metroid quite well. Samus has always been alone and the only other memorable characters she has come across have been HUGE monsters. How exactly could you integrate the HUGE monsters in Brawl without taking away from their pure massive-ness?

They could have ridley. or ghor. or gandrayda. or rundas. or sylux. or trace. I could go on, and these are just from the prime games (except ridley).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!