N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://gametrailers.com/player/22608.html

Reggie says that Nintendo may have an online game out this winter (well...the US). He didn't confirm or deny that it was smash bros, but the way the conversation went, it sounds like it is smash bros that's online.

No official confirmation. What are they waiting for?

I bet he's just talking about Mario Strikers. That's not out yet in the US, right?

Nintendo: Will the game take advantage of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, or can you explain if the game will be online?

Masahiro Sakurai: My plan is to include Wi-Fi Connection compatibility and online functionality. Actually one of the primary reasons the Super Smash Bros. game was created was that Nintendo staff both in the United States and in America [we assume he meant the US and Japan - Ed] said that when taking the home console online, the best title to do so would be Super Smash Bros. But, at the same time, I think it may be a lot of work for us to try to come up with a system that will allow four players to play simultaneously and try to find out who's number one. We're mainly focusing more along the lines of bringing lots of people in together to play simultaneously in perhaps some new and different ways.

Thats from an Interview from last years E3, so I guess even if we can't fight each other online there still be co-op online or something. Although I'd like both options.

Thats from an Interview from last years E3, so I guess even if we can't fight each other online there still be co-op online or something. Although I'd like both options.

that would be fine too if the four player online wont work Just make it a 2 player tournament vs mode for about 10 players and your Fighting history should be recorded Ranking matches stuff like that , and then add a 2 player Co-op adventure mode Downloadable Content and mini games yo can play together

then im happy enough as long there is online mode then i could pay the game forever

FFS why wouldn't four player online work? How is that more difficult than the 32-player online FPSes we've seen on Xbox, a console less powerful than Wii? How is that more difficult than the 32-player online MoH announced for Wii?

If this game doesn't at least support four-player Melee free-for-all online, I don't see how we could not be very disappointed.

FFS why wouldn't four player online work? How is that more difficult than the 32-player online FPSes we've seen on Xbox, a console less powerful than Wii? How is that more difficult than the 32-player online MoH announced for Wii?

If this game doesn't at least support four-player Melee free-for-all online, I don't see how we could not be very disappointed.

Exactly! 100% agree

mario kart wont come out here until 2008 it could also be MP3 that has the online but i think we would all like it to be smash bros.

MP3 does not have online.

After the outburst of fans with MP3, I'm sure Brawl will have online.