NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

What I'm most interested in is how the Halberd fits in with the Subspace Emissary (they even mention it themselves) and how that connects the 'bad guy' characters with the Subspace Army.

What I'm most interested in is how the Halberd fits in with the Subspace Emissary (they even mention it themselves) and how that connects the 'bad guy' characters with the Subspace Army.

Yea. I'm curious as to how Meta Knight fits in too, as he's not a villain.

i think he just made a deal with the subspace army as he is the rival of kirby that they leave kirby unharmed or let Meta knight settle the Score with kirby as they conquer the world something like that

It has arrived! The Battleship Halberd! It’s Meta Knight’s battleship...isn’t it?

This sentence may be hinting that the Halberd has been stolen from Meta Knight. As previously said, Meta-Knight isn't really a villain. The true villain for Kirby universe will probably be something like Dark Matter.

KING DEE DEE BRAINWASHED/ABSORED BY EVIL POWER!

You mean King DeDeDe?

Can we just have.... normal levels plase? None of this "You'll get shoot or the ground crumbles" stuff.

They'll probably have another Final Destination type level again.

I like this level, including the gun that shoots at certain times. But it would be fun if you could fight inside it or on deck or something like that.

I actually was expecting Captain Falcon today, we have his icon already so he's practically confirmed. We haven't had a veteran update in a long time I hope we'll see one this week, maybe Friday.

I'd like to see any minor changes they've made to the series defining move Falcon Punch, his tone of voice, speed of movement, shape of fire falcon etc.

I'd like to see any minor changes they've made to the series defining move Falcon Punch, his tone of voice, speed of movement, shape of fire falcon etc.

I won't be happy unless his taunt is the same. :p

KING DEE DEE BRAINWASHED/ABSORED BY EVIL POWER!

Meh, it wouldn't be the first time.:heh:

I still stand by the theory that the Ancient Minister (or at least the mastermind behind all this) is a known character. But who?:confused:

*hint*Fawful?*hint*:rolleyes:

I won't be happy unless his taunt is the same. :p

As long as Falcon keeps the Taunt, Falcon Punch and exagerated yells, I'll be happy. Those are what made him.

About the stages, there were 29 stages in melee. Even if Brawl is to have the same number, we have only seen little more than half.

Some of them are wackier (WarioWare, Rumble Falls), others are flatter (Smashville, Battlefield, Delphino Plaza). And many of them are very different than what melee did (Castle Siege, WarioWare, Smashville, Bridge of Eldin).

I wouldn't worry too much about the end result.

By the way, I'm predicting that tomorrow we'll have a Game Mode update (probably about the Emissary), a Final Smash or a B-Move update (if double update, a combination of those three).

Friday I think we'll have a veteran update (I'm guessing Captain Falcon).

Nice update :) been waiting a while for it ever since that first trailer!

Really like the sound of this level, as well as Pits one. Infact, this level changing at 60fps will look beautiful :D

Really like the sound of this level, as well as Pits one. Infact, this level changing at 60fps will look beautiful :D

Half the difficulty will be trying not to stare at the background.

They are leaps and bounds beyond the poor backgrounds in Melee.

they weren't totally horrible, there just wasn't much going on in the background, but these stages are 10000x better, no question

They are leaps and bounds beyond the poor backgrounds in Melee.

The backgrounds in melee were great in several stages. You just have to pay attention to the small details.

The rainbow in Kongo Jungle, Cranky's cabin in Jungle Japes, the owl statue and the moon in Termina Great Bay, the original buildings from Earthbound in Onett, to name a few.

Brawl's backgrounds may be amazing, but the ones in Melee weren't exactly poor.

The backgrounds in melee were great in several stages. You just have to pay attention to the small details.

The rainbow in Kongo Jungle, Cranky's cabin in Jungle Japes, the owl statue and the moon in Termina Great Bay, the original buildings from Earthbound in Onett, to name a few.

Brawl's backgrounds may be amazing, but the ones in Melee weren't exactly poor.

excactly! + the backgrounds (especially onett's) are pretty accurate, like the meteor and 2 houses in onett

Today's Update:

Special Brawl

What is Special Brawl?!

This is a mode that lets you apply special rules to normal brawls to customize your favorite ways to play!

various04_070913a-l.jpg

This is the Special Brawl Screen!

As you can see, you can apply a variety of rules at the same time. Before, you could only choose one, like Giant Melee, so this is a pretty cool step forward.

various04_070913b-l.jpg

First, let’s try putting on the Bunny Hood.

various04_070913c-l.jpg

And then add metal...

When you do this, you apply that characteristic from the start of the match to the end.

You can see the effects on the side of the screen, which is kind of fun. And getting the caption up above is also nice.

various04_070913d-l.jpg

It’s a Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl!

various04_070913e-l.jpg

And that’s how you fight!

Please try out a variety of different Brawl settings.

Source: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various04.html

Woah, woah wait a sec.

You can give HP to your characters now? Shhhwahh?

Woah, woah wait a sec.

You can give HP to your characters now? Shhhwahh?

Yup. Just like in Melee.

Cool update. Now there's something I wish was in melee.

I hope you can control your HP, now. Being limited to 150 really sucked.

What is "Clear" in the body option? I have no idea.

And now we have Bunny and/or Metal Brawl.:yay::yay:

Two of my favorite transformation items.

Playing with the gravity is gonna be the best bit. Bunny heads with low gravity, yes please.

I hope you can control your HP, now. Being limited to 150 really sucked.

What is "Clear" in the body option? I have no idea.

Probably invisible.

Can't wait to try a bunny/light gravity melee.