NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I don't think it's for that. Movesets didn't change in the Smash 64 to Melee transition either and that didn't include online gameplay either... Having said that, characters are seeing different moves (see Mario's FLUDD for example). The moveset isn't what determines the 'feel' of a character; it's the agility, falling speed and weight that do that. Try playing asFox in SSB64 and Melee and you'll see what I mean. I really don't think that the developers (should) care anything for the hardcore players - for example, I don't think they'll have the 'glitches' that enabled hardcore moves like wavedashing in Brawl, which would make the game completely different to them.

Online should be in it, though.

True, but the Wii is more online friendly than the GC and at the time of Melee's release console online gaming was still shrouded in fog.

I'm quite surprised we haven't seen Luigi yet actually. We've already seen mario get FLUDD, so i really wouldn't be surprised to see Luigi and his super vacuum mae an appearance.

It's funny how so much of melee was designed around the hardcore game yet you say the opposite. Also, we've already established that wavedashing isn't a glitch. Pretty much all glitches are banned from tourny play anyway.

I don't know if Melee really was designed around the hardcore gamer (gameplay-wise). I bet the prgrammers were surprised as well when the competitive side of smash started to become popular.

But I'm sure that won't change for Brawl, I mean, they already know how competitive smashers play the game. Any change they do to that metagame will be felt, so I don't think anybody's going to try to hinder the competitive scenario. I'm sure even Zero Suit Samus is available without the Smash Ball.

About Wave-Dash, you're right, it's not a glitch. It's just a gameplay mechanic that was explored beyond belief. If they take away Wave-dashing, they take away the gameplay mechanic, so I think that technique is probably safe.

I'm quite surprised we haven't seen Luigi yet actually. We've already seen mario get FLUDD, so i really wouldn't be surprised to see Luigi and his super vacuum mae an appearance.

I'm glad we haven't seen him yet. It's obvious he's going to be in it, and I wouldn't want another update taken up by another Mushroom Kingdom character that we all saw coming.

I'm quite surprised we haven't seen Luigi yet actually.

It's possible that they are only showing characters that appear from the start, and keeping unlockable ones a secret for now.

I don't know if Melee really was designed around the hardcore gamer (gameplay-wise). I bet the prgrammers were surprised as well when the competitive side of smash started to become popular.

But I'm sure that won't change for Brawl, I mean, they already know how competitive smashers play the game. Any change they do to that metagame will be felt, so I don't think anybody's going to try to hinder the competitive scenario. I'm sure even Zero Suit Samus is available without the Smash Ball.

About Wave-Dash, you're right, it's not a glitch. It's just a gameplay mechanic that was explored beyond belief. If they take away Wave-dashing, they take away the gameplay mechanic, so I think that technique is probably safe.

I don't mind if wavedashing is out tbh. It's only in the game to prevent us from air-didging through the level, so if they can stop that from happening it's all right.

And i partly agree with your first statement. Alot of the advance techs were deliberately put in but i bet they were surprised just how many people use them.

I don't mind if wavedashing is out tbh. It's only in the game to prevent us from air-didging through the level, so if they can stop that from happening it's all right.

The question is: How can they stop it?

Air dodging in any direction is mainly used for escaping any enemy offense. If the best way to escape is towards the ground, then the Wave-Dash is there to make it work on the ground.

It works specially well with Luigi and Samus (for me anyway).

Do you think they would remove this mechanic just so the advanced players don't use it for running faster (or better mindgames)?

The question is: How can they stop it?

Air dodging in any direction is mainly used for escaping any enemy offense. If the best way to escape is towards the ground, then the Wave-Dash is there to make it work on the ground.

It works specially well with Luigi and Samus (for me anyway).

Do you think they would remove this mechanic just so the advanced players don't use it for running faster (or better mindgames)?

They won't remove it because of that. Air-dodging can't exactly exist without wavesdashing tbh. It's a predicament.

If anything, they'll limit the speed and distance of wavedash, just so it becomes less useful.

I can see from that pic clearly the Bowser model is better in Brawl than in Melee...

yea......... kinda duh, but yea

Golden Hammer

item10_070917a.jpg

It’s a golden hammer. Just like the title says.

item10_070917b-l.jpg

It appears on a very important-looking pedestal.

It’s even more powerful than a normal hammer. And it’s even rarer.

item10_070917c-l.jpg

Swing, swing, swing the hammer!

This hammer drops with fearsome force! Not only does it boast increased power, but you also swing it faster.

...And it may have even more effects.

item10_070917d-l.jpg

If you rapidly tap the button...

item10_070917e-l.jpg

You can float in mid-air!

What is this?! As far as hooks go, this is pretty odd. It may even be a little hardcore.

By the way... The normal hammer was known to occasionally lose its head...

item10_070917f-l.jpg

Ever have this misfortune happen to you?

This item also occasionally malfunctions...

And it is then apparently called the Golden Squeaky Hammer.

item10_070917g-l.jpg

Squeak-squeak-squeak-squeak!

----------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like you won't notice instantly when your Gold Hammer malfunctions, only when you try to hit someone. This can be a bad thing when you're not expecting it. :p

The hammer seems to originate from the game Wrecking Crew.

Youtube video:

Moan, moan, moan. I want a new character every day...:indeed:

...Golden hammer...Why not make it the megaton hammer? You know, make it relate to something Nintendo.

It came from Wrecking Crew. When there's a game series icon, it's not for nothing.

If they're gunna do item updates, it could be a couple of more updates.

yeah I agree...why not give us more than just one a day???

Why not give us items related to games most people know about? I thought it had something to do with Animal Crossing when I read the name and was dissapointed when I discovered that it wasn't true.

Double edged sword situation once again.

Complain due to lack of updates, complain due to having too many updates and spoiling too much of the game.

All updates of a megaton nature are either being concealed until released or unveiled at any upcoming major gaming industry events like E for All...

Like the confirmation of the hammer from previous Smash Bros games... oh wait!