NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

EDIT: Bit more complicated. Spike's are supposed to send you downwards and are nigh impossbile to recover from if you are above 40%. Meteor smashes is "a spike that can be recovered from through a meteor cancel" in that the person presses jump but at higher %, the window of recovery is smaller. Handy source for all technical aspects of Smash Bros

And it sucks that whenever I use Marth's Down Air on a level 9 CPU, they're able to Meteor Cancel out of it. Just like they're able to Power Shield most of the time. I can't even Power Shield if I try!

But enough whining from me.

Brawl will never be delayed a year over here. Remember, the original Smash Bros. wasn't even meant to be released outside Japan, but since it was successful, they decided to do it anyway. Brawl is such an anticipated title that they won't release it that much later over here ... I hope.

Custom Robo was also successful yet only the DS version has been released over here. Very annoying.....But yeah, there is no way brawl would be delayed over here. I remember reading the smash bros jap review and being worried that it would not make it over here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRG9VY9JdE&feature=related

can you say tourney forbidden? lol

Isn't it a little ridiculous that everything random is tourney forbidden? What about Luigi? His Green Missile misfires 1 out of 12 times. Doesn't that make him too random? And Peach's Vegetables. The amount of damage they do is random.

Custom Robo was also successful yet only the DS version has been released over here. Very annoying.....But yeah, there is no way brawl would be delayed over here. I remember reading the smash bros jap review and being worried that it would not make it over here.

Don't worry. If Sakurai didn't plan on releasing it over here, would he really bother translating the Dojo into German, Italian, and Spanish? :)

Isn't it a little ridiculous that everything random is tourney forbidden? What about Luigi? His Green Missile misfires 1 out of 12 times. Doesn't that make him too random? And Peach's Vegetables. The amount of damage they do is random.

i know, the thing is, Smash Bros is supposed to be random, these tournaments and "Pro" players suck all the fun out of it by only playing on final destination with no items. I don't know about anyone else, but i don't care if I'm any good at smash bros, or if i win, i just want to have fun.

and yes i realize that not every pro player only plays on final destination with no items, i'm being sarcastic.

Don't worry. If Sakurai didn't plan on releasing it over here, would he really bother translating the Dojo into German, Italian, and Spanish? :)

Those are Luigis and peachs moves. They have massive downsides to their characters so who cares?

I love how people take a shot at people who play 2d fighters competitively but saying that they suck the fun out of the game. It's even funnier when people say 'it's meant to be random' and that the game isn't catered to the hardcore. I mean ffs, have you seen the amount of techs in this game?

I was also being sarcastic about Peach's and Luigi's moves.

The problem is, in my eyes at least, that the hardcore and softcore Smash players don't seem to understand or accept the other group of players. And that is probably the glory of Smash: That it can be played both casually and professionally. That the two parties don't often get along well is the backside of the medal.

The problem is, in my eyes at least, that the hardcore and softcore Smash players don't seem to understand or accept the other group of players. And that is probably the glory of Smash: That it can be played both casually and professionally. That the two parties don't often get along well is the backside of the medal.

Actually the competitive players have nothing against the casual players (i mean i'm one of them).

The problem is, here is your stereotypical American who has just learnt to wavedash:

American: Omgz i am teh best EVA i can wavedash you Noobzzz!

In reality, the moment you learn the advance techniques the moment you realise you officially suck at the game, because for a start, most of Smash is just reading your opponent, but to do that you need great tech skill which requires true skill. The problem is, it's those idiots that make casual gamers think competitive players are all tards, when it's actually the people who don't know much but claim to be 'awesome' that are jerks.

Someone in my class spent AGES practising by himself and going 'omg i can combo and wavedash better than you, you suck' and i pretty much beat him in every game the next time i played it, because he was too desperate trying to win and pull off fancy combos whereas i just relaxed and out smarted him...so fun :heh:

At the end of the day, if you wanna play with items, go for it. I spent 2-3 years doing that and I wouldn't trade those moments for the world. I only stopped because i realised I was so in love with the game that i wanted to push myself. Either way, smash pawns.

Ganondorf's Forward-Air was supposedly weaker in the PAL version, too.

At least his Down-Air was I believe, not sure about his Forward one. Some more changes are:

PAL – All changes in 1.2 are present in PAL, but there are many more changes:

- Marth falls over from Fox's shine in PAL.

- Bowser, Kirby and Yoshi are heavier in PAL.

- Marth, Fox and Mario are lighter in PAL.

- Falco's aerial down-A now only spikes for the first half of the animation.

The rest sends them slightly up.

- Sheik's aerial up-A isn't as strong in PAL.

- Marth's aerial down-A is Meteor smash, not spike in PAL.

- Fox's down and forward smash are less powerful in PAL.

- Yoshi's forward smash is more powerful in PAL.

- Peach's dash attack is less powerful in PAL.

- Luigi's aerial neutral-A is less powerful in PAL.

- Ganon's aerial down-A was weakened, from 22% in NTSC to 21% in PAL.

- Yoshi's aerial down-A was weakened, from 54% in NTSC to 40% in PAL.

- Fox's aerial forward-A has more range on it's hitbox in PAL.

- DI on Sheik's d-throw has been changed so that it can no longer chain in

PAL.

- Fox can tech out of Falcos d-throw in PAL.

- Bowser's d-throw now hits Mr. G&W in PAL.

- Link's super jump glitch was removed in PAL.

- Samus's extended grapple beam was removed in PAL.

- The IC glitch was removed in PAL.

- The Japanese language option was dropped in PAL in favor of Italian,

French, Spanish and German. Jigglypuff also sings (Up+B) her name in the

language Smash is set to.

- Names can now include upper and lower case letters but no Japanese

character set.

- In the English language setting, distances are measured in meters.

- Lag and loading times have been reduced in PAL.

- The 'Special Movie' was removed in PAL.

[/Quote]

Just like Mario Kart (particularly DS) and Mario Strikers Charged Football.

that's deep man, pretty much how i feel. Here's your meta-cookie *gives meta-cookie*

Actually the competitive players have nothing against the casual players (i mean i'm one of them).

The problem is, here is your stereotypical American who has just learnt to wavedash:

American: Omgz i am teh best EVA i can wavedash you Noobzzz!

In reality, the moment you learn the advance techniques the moment you realise you officially suck at the game, because for a start, most of Smash is just reading your opponent, but to do that you need great tech skill which requires true skill. The problem is, it's those idiots that make casual gamers think competitive players are all tards, when it's actually the people who don't know much but claim to be 'awesome' that are jerks.

Someone in my class spent AGES practising by himself and going 'omg i can combo and wavedash better than you, you suck' and i pretty much beat him in every game the next time i played it, because he was too desperate trying to win and pull off fancy combos whereas i just relaxed and out smarted him...so fun :heh:

At the end of the day, if you wanna play with items, go for it. I spent 2-3 years doing that and I wouldn't trade those moments for the world. I only stopped because i realised I was so in love with the game that i wanted to push myself. Either way, smash pawns.

ZOMGOZZZ N0bs!! 1 (AN 70taLlY PWNZ ALLSZSSZ YOUS" HAx0rS$$!!1!11 An) W17h N00 wAvve)4$Hh!!!B1iu1!

Reading some of the PAL changes, I think it came out better. It certainly explains why Sheik and Fox weren't as godly as the americans say they were.

I have to try to hear Jigglypuff sing to her names in the other languages. Roudoudou is a ridiculous name in itself.

And what is the "Special Movie"?

Also, Bowser's Down Throw couldn't hit Mr. G&W in the NTSC version? :laughing:

This is the Special Movie, it's some sort of introduction of all the starters in Melee. Makes you wonder why that was cut out, pretty unnecessary.

OMG thats intense. Charizard just looks better and better and you can use PT's final smash in mid air too!? Cool. Does anyone know what stage that is? What was that palkia doing in the background?

it was spear pillar, and i think palkia was flipping the stage around

i know, the thing is, Smash Bros is supposed to be random, these tournaments and "Pro" players suck all the fun out of it by only playing on final destination with no items. I don't know about anyone else, but i don't care if I'm any good at smash bros, or if i win, i just want to have fun.

and yes i realize that not every pro player only plays on final destination with no items, i'm being sarcastic.

I've already explained why items are banned, but you'll be surprised at how many stages are allowed.

Here are the ones that are banned:

Big Blue : Not sure why, exactly, apart from obvious reasons

Brinstar depths: Again, not sure of the exact reason

Fourside: Banned since it has a wall.

Icicle Mountain: See Big Blue.

Mushroom Kingdom/II: It has edges that you can just walk into.]

Onett: Not sure if it's banned. If it is, it's because it has a wall.

Poke Floats: Not sure if this one's banned, but I'd say it is.

Princess Peachs' Castle: Has a wall.

Temple: Far too big. Near impossible to KO someone underneath the stage.

Venom: Has a wall.

Stages that have walls allow Fox to do an infinite. Stages that you can walk into the edge allow Fox to just waveshine you into it.

i don't care if I'm any good at smash bros, or if i win, i just want to have fun.

Thats loser talk, soldier! You play to p'own or not at all. :p (j/k)

Here's that missing songs list From the FFshrine forums ( http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=49628&page=91 )

snd_bgm_X12_SIMPLEINTRO (Classic Mode Intro)

snd_bgm_X14_ENDING (Classic Mode Ending)

snd_bgm_X24_HOW2PLAY (How to Play)

snd_bgm_A11_MLRPG02 (Another piece from one of the Mario & Luigi RPGs)

snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO ("Mori no kinoko" = Mushroom Forest...which game? Could it be...SMRPG?!)

snd_bgm_C06_KAZENOSAKANA (Ballad of the Windfish)

snd_bgm_E04_COOKIE (Yoshi's Cookie)

snd_bgm_G06_COMMAND (Star Fox: Command)

snd_bgm_J01_STAGECHANGE (No idea...maybe BGM for when Castle Siege changes forms?)

snd_bgm_J05_ERABARESHI (Erabareshimono = "The Chosen One(s)")

snd_bgm_K02_SENTOUONIISAN (Battle with Masked Man from MOTHER 3)

snd_bgm_K03_EIGHTMELODIES (Eight Melodies from EarthBound)

snd_bgm_K04_SMILEANDTEARS (Smiles and Tears from EarthBound)

snd_bgm_K06_BECAUSE (Because I Love You from EarthBound)

snd_bgm_M14_WARIOSTAGE (Another Microgame$ tune)

snd_bgm_N04_RADIOTAISO ("Radio Taisou" = Radio Exercises)

snd_bgm_Q03_SPORTSMEDLEY (Soccer / Baseball / etc. on the NES, probably)

snd_bgm_R01_WILDTRACKS (No clue...)

snd_bgm_S01_MAINTHEME (MGS Main Theme...no doubt taken out of the main game because of the composition controversy)

snd_bgm_S09_BEATMANIA (MGS music from Beatmania?)

snd_bgm_T04_HOWTOPLAY (Original "How to Play" music?)

snd_bgm_U05_UCANDO ("You Can Do It"...? Probably another vocal track.)

snd_bgm_W22_DX55 (The missing Melee track...Fourside?)

snd_bgm_Y06_ADV06 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y12_ADV12 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y18_ADV18 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y19_ADV19 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y20_ADV20 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y21_ADV21 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y22_ADV22 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y23_ADV23 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y24_ADV24 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y25_ADV25 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y26_ADV26 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y27_ADV27 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y28_ADV28 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y29_ADV29 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Y30_ADV30 (Missing Subspace Emissary music)

snd_bgm_Z09_FLUIGI (Luigi's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z12_FKUOPA (Bowser's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z13_FPEACH (Peach's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z14_FZELDA (Zelda's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z15_FSHEIK (Sheik's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z19_FFALCO (Falco's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z20_FGANON (Ganondorf's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z24_FZEROSAMUS (ZSS's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z26_FLUCAS (Lucas' Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z27_FDIDDY (Diddy's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z28_FPOKETRAINER (Pokemon Trainer's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z32_FDEDEDE (King Dedede's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z33_FLICARIO (Lucario's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z34_FIKE (Ike's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z37_FPURIN (Jigglypuff's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z38_FMYU2 (Mewtwo's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z39_FROY (Roy's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z41_FTOONLINK (Toon Link's Victory Theme)

snd_bgm_Z52_JCLEAR1 (Some accomplishment music...probably for clearing a stage / event)

snd_bgm_Z53_JCLEAR2 (More accomplishment music)

After listening to a load ofthe tracks..the basic rule seems that GC Tracks are usually unchanged. Different ones include Luigi's Mansion & Metroid Prime (kind of)

The Fire Emblem Battle music is awesome.

All the Animal Crossing music seems great, especially the Tom Nook tune

Brinstar Remix is God due to the start

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 & 1-2 are awesome

Balloon Trip REMIX!!!!!

Dr. Mario REMIX!!!

NES REMIXES!!!!

NES Medley!!!!!

TETRIS!!!

Butter Building :D

....Anyway...Off to work...:(

that's deep man, pretty much how i feel. Here's your meta-cookie *gives meta-cookie*

Yay! Cookie! :yay:

*eats meta-cookie*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there someting about the Ballad of the Windfish that you could play in Majora's Mask being different from the original Ballad of the Windfish in Link's Awakening?

I really liked the one in Majora's Mask.

Brinstar Remix is God due to the start

And also due to the original bleepy tune appearing in the middle of it.