NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I must confess Don, I have only played one Castlevania game completely... I can't stand the shame. BUT! I loved every single second of it.

It's OK my son, everyone has to start somewhere.

I plan on doing a tournament just like I did with Strikers. Obviously it'llbe bigger and better. Prizes is something i'm thinking about at the moment.

That would be brill. Wii points seem the most plausible. If you need help, i'll chip in a bit of back pocket change. :D But an N-Europe tourny would totally own. Brawl will probably be the best Nintendo online experience to date.

Another trailer with a bit of Olimar in motion (Including his final smash)

Oh now that's a cool FS! That part in Pikmin always made me feel sad/bad for the Pikmin left behind!

I imagine it'll be the update tomorrow.

Does anyone else go to bed thinking about brawl, wake up thinking about brawl, even dream about brawl? Or is it just me?

Does anyone else go to bed thinking about brawl, wake up thinking about brawl, even dream about brawl? Or is it just me?

On a weekday my usual routine is to wake up, turn my PC on, flick the kettle on, check the dojo and then have a cup of tea.

yeah they seem to update the site from about 6am i think

Ah well time to practice home run mode on melee with ganon :D

Damnit can't beat my score of 493m =(

On a weekday my usual routine is to wake up, turn my PC on, flick the kettle on, check the dojo and then have a cup of tea.

lol me too

Pikmin & Olimar: Final Smash

End of Day

Captain Olimar always makes sure to return to his spaceship before nightfall when he’s out exploring new planets. Why is that?

That’s because night-time on these planets is absolutely teeming with scaaary wild beasts! To avoid an encounter with those creatures, Olimar takes to the safety of space during the night.

So how could we represent this idea in Brawl...?

pikmin_080117a-l.jpg

First things first. Get that Smash Ball!

pikmin_080117b-l.jpg

There’s Olimar’s ship!

pikmin_080117c-l.jpg

Blast off! The ship soars higher and higher into the stratosphere.

pikmin_080117d-l.jpg

Stars fill the sky above.

pikmin_080117e-l.jpg

Wild beasts everywhere! Aaaah!

Characters left behind on the ground take lots and lots of damage.

But dishing out damage alone won’t score you points. The more people in the brawl, the more damage you can expect this attack to do, but beware – another opponent may steal the KO you’ve worked so hard to set up.

In a one-on-one match, this Final Smash won’t deal as much damage, but hey, there’s no worry that someone else will steal your KO, either.

I guess you could call this balancing the gameplay, huh?

pikmin_080117f-l.jpg

The ship comes crashing back to the battlefield

with a huge explosion! Maybe, if you’re lucky,

you’ll catch someone in the blast?

[/Quote]

And this indeed turned out to be today's update. This Final Smash is just as I expected, looks cool though.

I really like that final smash seems they put quite a bit of thought into it to make it balanced.

The Final Smash is cool and all, but that commercial was great.

-Snake crawls around and gets sudenly kicked by Zelda;

-Mario wants to have some protagonism, before Wario kicks him around and changes one of the japanese symbols;

-Mario is back for more, until Olimar drops him off and switches the syllabes on the name.

It was surprisingly humurous

Oh now that's a cool FS! That part in Pikmin always made me feel sad/bad for the Pikmin left behind!

I'm pretty much NEVER one of those super perfectionists in games, you know the type, that can't stand having any 'hospital visits' on their stats in GTA for example. But... if I ever left any Pikmin behind then I'd HAVE to replay the entire level again and make sure I don't miss any of them before night came along. Die in battle? sure, inevitable but die just from being forgotton/missed? It's too cruel damnit!

Not quite that bad but my first thought on weekday mornings is that I must check the dojo. It's pretty much the first site I ever visit in a day, even facebook included which is shocking.

One thing that is confusing me: How do you go about getting the Smash Ball? I mean, do they just randomly turn up?

One thing that is confusing me: How do you go about getting the Smash Ball? I mean, do they just randomly turn up?

Yeah they randomly show up once in a while. That's when you start attacking it to get it.

gamesindustry.biz has listed a pile of Nintendo release dates. Considering its a uk site, i'm rather excited as its listing smash as coming out in march.

It's the US release list:

The first-party Wii titles Endless Ocean and Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be released in January and March, respectively.

gamesindustry.biz has listed a pile of Nintendo release dates. Considering its a uk site, i'm rather excited as its listing smash as coming out in march.

And its a very reliable site. They do the more corporate site on video games, rather than fan site. No reviews, just corporate news.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=32182

Isn't that just the US release list though? Seeing as they mention Endless Ocean being out in January (and it's already been released here).

Anyway, cool final smash for Olimar. Was kind of obvious it was going to be something like this, but it's still cool. And yeah, I was always so sad and feeling guilty when I had accidentally left one Pikmin behind at the end of the day. D:

Ah well time to practice home run mode on melee with ganon :D

Damnit can't beat my score of 493m =(

Funny, me and Shino where practicing that with Ganondorf yesterday too.

We did around 500m with just 4 or 5 tries.:heh: No bat drops though.

My high score with Ganon is 1333.3m. STUPIDLY hard though, and i could L-cancel back then lol. Also, I used the bad and not the reverse warlock punch.

Think i got a massive total with yoshi once; something like 600m or something. I've always been proud of that!

Brawl Centrl translated some Tophy data (standard trophies)

"Casual Wear Link" Trophy

It's Link in casual wear. He's wearing a cut-and-sewn V-neck shirt with a lobster design on both front and back. His orange capri pants coordinate his outfit. He's known as the fashion leader among the residents of Outset Island. Compared to his well-known green outfit, this one is more leisurely.

[Gamecube] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

"Tom Nook's Nephews" Trophy

Here is Tom Nook and his nephews Timmy and Tommy who appear on the second floor of the Nookington's Department Store once you pay enough to maximize his store.They tend to say their sentences together but usually one or the other finishes his sentence last so you'll often hear a "...anks" or a "..wait". Tommy usually finishes his sentences after Timmy.

[Gamecube]Animal Crossing

[Nintendo DS] Animal Crossing Wild World

i have the same routine but it ends with my wetting myself in excitement *sighs*:(

I imagine it'll be the update tomorrow.

I love me :D

I'm so hyped for this game, can't stop thinking about it, haven't been like this for ages.