NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Now, for the ultimate gamer orgasm, please add a Final Fantasy character (what are the odds?)...With a summon as an Assist Trophy! Imagine Anima as an AT, looming in the background of the stage charging up it's Pain attack, with the attack causing everyone to gain 300% worth of damage...Dunno, I feel kind of optimistic with Brawl, I won't even right off this idea.

NO CLOUD STRIFE! (playable) I'd hate it if he were in, which he won't be fortunately... Snakes a cool character, but he's still gonna be my smash sap :heh:

NO CLOUD STRIFE! (playable) I'd hate it if he were in, which he won't be fortunately... Snakes a cool character, but he's still gonna be my smash sap :heh:

Yeah F%&k Cloud, but I can somehow see Zidane in this.

Yeah F%&k Cloud, but I can somehow see Zidane in this.

Or perhaps Cecil from FF IV....kinda a good way of promoting the new FFIV for the DS as well ;)

Imagine, he could be like samus and zelda, having another version of himself. DarkKnight/Paladin

i kinda like todays update , kinda expected it but its cool to know

the Dodge look cool

and for Fox his smash attack made me think that its possible that snakes Smash attack can be the Metal Gear rex

Shielding & Dodging

Once you know how to attack, the next thing you have to think about is avoiding enemy attacks. That’s where the shield button comes in handy.

basic06_071004a-l.jpg

...you guard against your enemy’s attack with your shield!!

Shielding against attacks is a top priority. If you don’t take any hits, you can’t be beat! However, the more attacks your shield takes, the smaller it gets.

basic06_071004b-l.jpg

If your shield breaks, you lose consciousness.

But more important than guarding is dodging.

You just tap the Control Stick in a direction while holding the shield button.

basic06_071004c-l.jpg

Tap the Control Stick down to do a sidestep dodge!

basic06_071004d-l.jpg

Tap it backwards to do a backward-roll dodge!

basic06_071004e-l.jpg

And tap forwards to do a forward-roll dodge and get behind your opponent!

If you can do these moves, your enemies will have a hard time landing their attacks. And they make you momentarily invincible, so using them proactively is OK.

Use these moves as much as you can even before you get used to them. Sometimes things become clearer that way.

Fox: Final Smash

Landmaster

It’s the brute tank of Team Star Fox – the Landmaster. Surely he wouldn’t bring that thing out?!

fox_071004a-l.jpg

LANDMASTERRR!

fox_071004b-l.jpg

BAROOOMPH!

fox_071004c-l.jpg

Yayyy! It’s a free ride!

fox_071004d-l.jpg

Don’t ride the Landmaster!

Jump to hover. Tilt the Control Stick down to roll. And, of course, fire its cannon with the attack button.

fox_071004e-l.jpg

FIRE! This hurts. A lot! So watch out!

It’s so big, it might be hard to turn around. But its rule-breaking power and authority are unstoppable.

fox_071004f-l.jpg

Yeah. It’s cool. My heart’s aflutter.

I think Fox's Final smash is my favourite so far. Glad the sheild/dogding wasn't just today's update.

Sonic is definately in it, i'm positive.

Tingle should be in it as well. I woulsn't be able to count how many people would like to punch his face in! :D

For tomorrow I predict a How to Play update. I have this feeling...(that's rarely right)

Heh, what about that? I was half-right!:heh:

Fox's FS is awesome. A heavy tank that can barrel roll? And hover?

I should've known Sakurai was a fan of the tank when I saw the Melee trophies.

Right, firstly I'd like to point out that i think this game look sincredible and could be the biggest game of the year, of the gerneration - sales and quality.

BUT.... Does anyone else get a tiny bit worried that they could be putting TOO much into the game? All these moves and giant smashes, and assist trophey's! I mean, I worry every fight will just be absolute chaos and not require lots of skill. This is a tiny worry and with no foundation, but occassionaly it corsses my mind.

And Sonic HAS to be in this game. It is a ridiculously missed opporutniy if he's not!!! It will simply make the game better!

And Sonic HAS to be in this game. It is a ridiculously missed opporutniy if he's not!!! It will simply make the game better!

Leave sonic to the Olympic games, let some other 3rd party character that has been around with the Nintendo since NES SNES N64 GCN Wii.

Bad voices like sonic series does not make the game better either :heh:

BUT.... Does anyone else get a tiny bit worried that they could be putting TOO much into the game? All these moves and giant smashes, and assist trophey's! I mean, I worry every fight will just be absolute chaos and not require lots of skill. This is a tiny worry and with no foundation, but occassionaly it corsses my mind.

You could just turn off whatever you don't want to include in the matches!

That's the beauty of Smash Bros, you can make it as manic as you want it!

I play Melee with no items whatsoever, and I'll probably largely do the same with Brawl, though may include Final Smashes.

Hope Sonic ISN'T in Brawl!

He's already with Mario in the Olmpics, I'd like the [possible] couple of third party characters left to come from the likes of Capcom/Hudson/Namco .

Awesome. Best final smash so far.

I agree with the two above posters about Sonic. Keep him out of SSBB.

dazzybee: More chaos means more fun in my opinin.

For a minute I was wondering how the heck Fox's landmaster was going to work on stages like DK Rumble Falls and in particular pits Skyworld stage with the crumbling platforms, but reading about its hover function, eliminated my confusion...

Regarding Sonic, I'd like him in, as well as Megaman. But i'd be willing to sacrifice these characters if all of the following make the cut:

King Dee Dee, Ridley, Generic/Main Character in Animal Crossing, Krystal, King K Rool, Little Mac and Captain Olimar.

Although I am worried Ridley and King K Rool will not be playable, but instead bosses in the story mode and Little Mac will be one of the "sprite" assistant trophies, and i'll be peeved if thats the case, he deserves to be fully playable, after all, he is Nintendos greatest legitimate fighter who actually fights for real, with his fists!

Good update, good that they did the already known shielding together with something new. You can see nothing's really changed about shielding/dodging. Fox's Final Smash is one of the better ones IMO. I wonder how long you'll be able to drive the Landmaster?

People not wanting Sonic in are just preparing themselves for dissapointment. He was the most requested third-party character, so I would be very surprised if he doesn't make it.

What could they possible do as a stage for Sonic, given the nature of smash characters, it'd not be possible for him to do 360 degree rotations through those loops...

What could they possible do as a stage for Sonic, given the nature of smash characters, it'd not be possible for him to do 360 degree rotations through those loops...

Surely the Sonic games have some horizontal levels, and they aren't required to put the loops in.

And continuing about third-party characters, how about Simon Belmont? I think he'd be a great inclusion.

basic06_071004e-l.jpg

Sweet, stinky snake! Samus's trying to get away!

Glad the dodge is still in, all looking good.

They can't put too much in the game. To me, it's all about skillfully dealing with chaos, so if it would've had a more sober aproach than SSB:M, I would've dreaded it.

Like Petey, I REALLY wan Krystal in this game. Even more so than Sonic, even though he would be cool to have in. He seems so perfectly suited for Smash, but I have this feeling he's not going to make it. As for Krystal, I'll be pissed if they don't include her, but I'll also be surprised. She has become a very important character in the Star Fox series, almost more important than some of the other team members (at least in my opinion), so I can't see why they wouldn't include her.