N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I was hoping for Mr. Resetti to be playable. I can't see Tom Nook as playble character. He looks weak and has no obvious weapon. Same with the main character.

Pokémon Trainer, Peach, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Dr.Mario...

Am I missing any character that looks weak and has no obvious weapon/fighting style?

Falcon had no obvious fighting style.

But he doesn't look weak. :heh:

By the way, new update:

Pokémon Trainer: Final Smash

Triple Finish

It’s the Pokémon Trainer’s Final Smash: Triple Finish! It combines the powers of Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard!

pokemon_trainer_070927a.jpg

Any one of them can get the Smash Ball.

pokemon_trainer_070927b.jpg

Go! Triple Finish!

pokemon_trainer_070927c.jpg

It’s super effective!

...So, what is with that text window below?

Squirtle = Hydro Pump

Ivysaur = Solar Beam

Charizard = Fire Blast

These are the moves they use. Isn’t it a beautiful combination? A fire-type attack, a water-type attack and a grass-type attack? (Not really.)

If an opposing Pokémon gets the Smash Ball, at the very least take care to not be standing immediately beside it.

pokemon_trainer_070927d.jpg

When you’re particularly close, it hurts. FLEE!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that, a Triple Team move.

Gotta love the small window. It's Super Effective!

i think the pokemon trainer en Pit will be my favorite characters next to link

i expected this final smash but its nice to see some images smashbros is the only game that keeps the wii alive with information and images

all the other games are kept secret dont know why becouse they act like its a secret government operation what happened with all the 70+ games nintendo promised haha i didn't heard any confirmation yet about wich game they will develop :S beside zelda shooter that is

Is it just me or has the Smash Ball changed in appearance a little?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/howto/basic/basic02.html

Or maybe its just... multicoloured.

Yea. It probably just shifts colour.

various06_070928k-l.jpg

Victory for me!

The full update:

Tourney

What is Tourney mode?!

This is a mode that determines which player stands victorious on the summit after winning many battles against many foes!

I won’t go into much detail, so just try it out for yourself. Take advantage of its robust tourney-generating functions!

various06_070928a-l.jpg

various06_070928b-l.jpg

various06_070928c-l.jpg

various06_070928d-l.jpg

various06_070928e-l.jpg

various06_070928f-l.jpg

various06_070928g-l.jpg

various06_070928h-l.jpg

various06_070928i-l.jpg

various06_070928j-l.jpg

various06_070928k-l.jpg

various06_070928l-l.jpg

Of course, if you don’t have a large number of friends to hand, you may not have much need for a tourney.

Still, we’re working seriously to make this mode fun for everyone.

However, you can also play this by yourself against computer opponents, so try it out if you’re so inclined.

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

This is what he said about other online modes. To me that says WiiConnect24 and sharing things with friends rather than other modes to actually play the main game online.

I don't think anyone should start hoping about unannounced tournament or co-op 1 player modes, as I suspect they will be disappointed.

This is what he said about other online modes. To me that says WiiConnect24 and sharing things with friends rather than other modes to actually play the main game online.

I don't think anyone should start hoping about unannounced tournament or co-op 1 player modes, as I suspect they will be disappointed.

Online tournaments will be in the game. Would just be silly without'm. Co-op 1 player mode won't probably, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Online tournaments will be in the game. Would just be silly without'm. Co-op 1 player mode won't probably, but that doesn't bother me at all.

But Mario Strikers does not have the equivalent tournament options and the original game had the tournament without the online mode. Plus people on forums can just organise them anyway.....

various06_070928f-l.jpg

"Pull name from controller" - So it seems that you can put a Brawl profile on a Wii Remote.

Is the last part a hint at an online tournament?

Of course, if you don’t have a large number of friends to hand, you may not have much need for a tourney.

Still, we’re working seriously to make this mode fun for everyone.

Suggests that people with no friends with them can enjoy the mode and:

However, you can also play this by yourself against computer opponents

The computer players is a third mode.

But Mario Strikers does not have the equivalent tournament options and the original game had the tournament without the online mode. Plus people on forums can just organise them anyway.....

Agreed, but this is MS. This is one their major big hitters of the year. Seeing as how they're only now pushing the online element (EA Games, announcements that other 3rd party games will be online too), I'm thinking the element'd better be more fleshed out than in MS for them not to look silly.

"Pull name from controller" - So it seems that you can put a Brawl profile on a Wii Remote.

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologise.

Yeah, they were successful.:heh:

The tourney update does disappoint a little. I like it and all that, but there are many people that don't.

Even if there are online tourneys, I don't think this mode will be used.

Most people will probably prefer the online organization via forum/chat, since there's more freedom and all....

I didn't see this mentioned so far in this thread, David Hayter (that provided the voice of Solid Snake in Metal gear solid 1,2 and Twin snakes) has confirmed he's doing the voice over for Snake in brawl on his youtube account.

Before you think it's fake, that video and account are linked from his official site. If you check the comments section, about 5 days ago he answered:

ArchdukeChocula01 (5 days ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 (Reply) (Spam)

Hello David Hayter! I have to say that you are one of the greatest voice actors ever, and you do a great job as snake. I was wondering, are you going to voice Snake in Super smash bros. brawl?

GuyverSnake (5 days ago) Show Hide Marked as spam (Reply) (Spam)

Archduke Chocula,

I am indeed voicing Snake in "Smash Bros." I've recorded it already, and I believe that fans of both games are going to be extremely happy. It's very cool. That's all I can say.

DH

Here's the link to his official site

http://www.david-hayter.com/