NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Great idea, but some people won't like it. The people who don't have the GC game that is. I remember some people were quite frustrated that they needed a Pikmin save to unlock a trophy.

If all were unlockable by other means, what would the problem be?

Huh? The site gives the impression that you don't select your character. It's a story mode, and you control different caracters for their section(s) of the story.

I wonder how it'll work with the unlockable characters.

I dunno, I think you probably will select a character and play through the whole adventure, because the screens show Fox against enemies from DK:Jungle Beat and a Hammer Bros.

Also, the 'levels' seem quite general (there is a Hammer Bros. in what looks like more of a DK stage etc...), as opposed to character specific levels, but who knows!

Sorry but.....

I think I see it now, just below Bowser to the right appears an alligator pig style creature that looks like Ganon (beast form)...

notacoincedencefk6.jpg

Ahahahahaha

screens show Fox against enemies from DK:Jungle Beat and a Hammer Bros.

Isn't that the entire point of the story?

Isn't that the entire point of the story?
What did you mean then?
It's a story mode, and you control different caracters for their section(s) of the story.

I thought you meant you would control Fox for a Starfox themed section of the story, DK would take over when the story/enemies entered a jungle environment etc...

What do you mean then?

The point is that everything is out-of-place, and this story allows for them to put characters in the "wrong" locations.

Uh-oh, peach is back. Fear her.

Nice to know they're trying a lot with the single player as well, although I hope they still include good ol' classic mode.

I hope this new Adventure mode won't kick out classic and event modes.

Awesome update :)

peach is also confirmed which is nice to know, despite the fact I hated her on Melee.

Awesomest update. It will be even more awesome when we in Europe get this game, a millenia after the rest of the world.

If all were unlockable by other means, what would the problem be?

You didn't talked about "unlockable by other means" in your previous post.

Sorry but.....

Ahahahahaha

An easter egg in the game...

My theory on the Adventure Mode is that the story mode has a fixed structure to it, with fix confrontations and battles taking place but...

Observe the screenshot below:

modea02_070803h-l.jpg

This opening scene is a fixed part of the adventure, however, I believe the characters of Zelda and Peach being there are not. Depending on the characters you select, they appear in the corresponding sections within the fixed scenes, now seeing that there are two other than Mario & Kirby here, this leads me to believe this story mode does include co-op play with a 2nd player (Zelda 1st player and Peach 2nd player). Now in the case of choosing Mario/and or Kirby, they'd merely be substituted by one or two other random characters available right from the very start. This carries through throughout the entire adventure with quick movie clips being shown at certain stages in the story mode when you reach certain "checkpoints" that'll trigger off a movie clip relating to the character shown as seen in todays update (i.e.):

modea02_070803j-l.jpg

So I don't think this is a mode, where you just choose to play it and thats it, I reckon you still are able to choose the character(s) you will play the story mode with...

Regarding Snake information, I don't reckon there will be any updates on Snake until September around TGS.

An easter egg in the game...

So I don't think this is a mode, where you just choose to play it and thats it, I reckon you still are able to choose the character(s) you will play the story mode with...

Sure you say that now!

This IS the new Story/Adventure Mode!

You're bound to be able to choose what character you play this new adventure mode with!

Otherwise there would only be one posibility for Adventure Mode, meaning it would have less replay value than melee!

Seeing how Brawl is expanding on adventure mode, it's a no-brainer!

Sure you say that now!

Of course you're going to be able to choose what character to play the new adventure mode with!

Otherwise there would only be one posibility to the whole of the adventure, meaning it would have less replay value than melee!

Seeing how Brawl is expanding on adventure mode, it's a no-brainer!

An easter egg that could still potentially link to the fact the alleged characters are actually playable in the game, but I guess we'll know December 3rd at the latest, perhaps earlier...

This'll probably be the main adventure mode but I hope they bring back Event Matches and just standard mode. I wonder how many bonuses are going to be in this game, the only one I missed in the last one was No Damage Clear and Very Hard Clear.

It was hell to get No Damage Clear. I did it with Donkey Kong on All Star (on Very Easy). It still took me like 50 times. One time I got to the last level and I had to do just one Game and Watch, and I got hit by a wrench on that level. Almost broke my controller there. I did get it later though.

It was hell to get No Damage Clear. I did it with Donkey Kong on All Star (on Very Easy). It still took me like 50 times. One time I got to the last level and I had to do just one Game and Watch, and I got hit by a wrench on that level. Almost broke my controller there. I did get it later though.

This one was really horrible to have. Crates or bombs appearing over your character's head was so frustrating. I can't remember in what mode I done that.

Today's update is freakin amazing. A true solo mode is what I wanted the most for SSBB. I hope they made a coop option for some modes like classic and all-stars.

Peach returns. So she will be next week character's update... I'd rather have seen Ness or Cpt Falcon design but it's ok. I'll wait a little more.

I don't think Palutena will be playable considering there is only one Kid Icarus game. I feel her more as an Assist trophy but I'm not against her as a playable character.

This update also made me think a lot more there will be a specific Smash Bros playable character (the bad guy).

Anyone said happy birthday to Sakurai Masahiro for giving us this awesome news on his birthday?

What have they done to Zeldas hair?

Painted it brown of unknown purposes, I reckon.

Nice to see this update.

But of course Classic mode will be in the game, there is no way they can make a fighting game without a fighting single-player experience like Classic Mode.

Event Mode was a bitch at times, but still enjoyable.

What have they done to Zeldas hair?

Doesn't she look like that in Twilight Princess?

Doesn't she look like that in Twilight Princess?

She is a dirty blond in the Zelda:TP and she is brunette in SSBB.

Cool but fake artwork of Skull Kid.

ChrisGraham_skullkidmodel.png

I think we will be able to save the game between every stage and when we continue be able to select a different character.

Maybe there will be another part of Adventure mode as The Subspace Emmissary is just one section of it on the website.

Best game ever confirmed.

Also, Zelda's model had brown hair in TP if you rip the model from the game, but the lighting makes it looks blonde.