Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy

Ashley

Well, if it is.. it's really just a tad. I mean, the game is just brilliant. Each "world" has a great artwork design. Not to mention that is the best looking wii game to date, and it really pushes the gameplay to a next level. Oh well, not to the next level (yes, it's a bit overreacted)... still, it's a great deal to play it. At least, that's what i feel.

Can't beat Luigi's Purple Coins on the Toy Time Galaxy. Any tips for me please? :)

Don't rush it, keep calm and use the spin to control your jumps. You'll do it in no time like this.

Also, keep in mind that the star will appear back at where you start, so make sure to keep a path to come back.

I know it's great fun, but it ends quickly, it isn't too difficult and I felt they could have added a bit more. I think the gravity could've been used to greater effect, more gravity puzzles instead of just walking around a sphere.

Its great, but could have been improved for me.

What?!

If I say this and Mario Kart could've been better then so what? I don't look for flaws, in fact, there's a lot of bad games I love which get bad reviews.

One or two points suggested for improvements isn't a bad thing, Im just saying it could/should have been better.

Can't have an opposing view here...

Last time I played this was a few weeks back now. Still has that feeling of awe when you play on Good Egg Galaxy.

Can't beat Luigi's Purple Coins on the Toy Time Galaxy. Any tips for me please? :)

You don't need every coin in the Galaxy to get the star which makes it a bit easier, how I usually do it is go around the stage in a circle starting on the left side in the direction of the mushroom. If you get the mushroom you basically have unlimited tries.

Yeah, and also use the Long jump for the gap-sections and you can control the length of it by using control stick, there's a lot of coins and you get a decent amount of time on each square, so finding a place to recover is quite easy if you feel like you're stuck.

The most difficult star for me was the one where you have to point and click the bubble things in the Boo stage to collect the purple coins. Took me quite a few goes, and yet I did it first time with Luigi.

What?!

If I say this and Mario Kart could've been better then so what? I don't look for flaws, in fact, there's a lot of bad games I love which get bad reviews.

One or two points suggested for improvements isn't a bad thing, Im just saying it could/should have been better.

Can't have an opposing view here...

No you can't. This is a Nintendo forum so we only say good things about them.

I jest, I jest.

Every game could be improved no matter what anyway. I want MG to be harder since it seemed to easy to me.

Challenge is fun though.

And yes every game can be improved but certain games you sort of sense that it has missed a trick.

Metroid Prime 1, I didn't feel disappointed at all with, it struck most chords and even the minor things that could've been adjusted didn't bother me.

Crash Bash, massively flawed, didnt have the 'but they could of done' factor.

Sunshine set out and achieved what it was aiming to do even if at the outset it didnt look like it would succeed.

Galaxy I felt it could have been much better and taken the elements further to make the experience a lot deeper, instead it was just a slight change. Love the addition of spin attack too, a helping jump at times yet not too powerful. (I still like F.L.U.D.D)

Ok these are quite random selections, and Crash Bash isnt better than Galaxy, but Im just trying to clarify my point. (probably confused though)

You know as I wrote that I thought 'instant respect points -100' but after thinking about it I seriously had more fun with Sunshine. Galaxy, while the initial impressions were amazing, it was a short-lived romp through the park.

Ok, this is not really SMG specific, but it just occurred to me out of the blue that I don't think a Super Mario game has ever had a level with rain. I don't remember any, any of you guys does?

It's a bit meaningless, but one thing I've always liked in games is rain. And it's not done often, I think. Mario has snow, but I'd like to see some day a rainy level.

Ok, this is not really SMG specific, but it just occurred to me out of the blue that I don't think a Super Mario game has ever had a level with rain. I don't remember any, any of you guys does?

It's a bit meaningless, but one thing I've always liked in games is rain. And it's not done often, I think. Mario has snow, but I'd like to see some day a rainy level.

hmmm... super mario galaxy has I think, honey bee galaxy in autumn or something like that, has clouds and I believe it rains under them. (played it a while ago now)

I don't remember any level with full blown rain though.

I'm currently on about 55 stars with Luigi but will have to finish it off in the summer now I'm back at uni.

Incidentally Dwarf I don't mean to carry this on but what Shadow said was kinda true. I mean I can't think of many games at all that you haven't moaned about. You always find things wrong with games, even when they are stunning. I mean you even moaned about Brawl, which you seemed to have a bit of an orgasm over at first :heh: