NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

I never saw it...I think the only games I saw really utilising it are doom3 fear and oblivion(everything in this game is bumpmapped)...

I show you what I mean:

wii:

media9wo.jpg

xbox:

marvelultimatealliance20060427.jpg

you can see best by looking @ "the thing"

I hope you see the different shading too!!

the xbox-one is like gc-graphics if you count on texturing lighting shadowing and shading!

for comarison xbox360:

marvelultimateallianceattacks2.jpg

I never saw it...I think the only games I saw really utilising it are doom3 fear and oblivion(everything in this game is bumpmapped)...

Again, both Doom3 and Oblivion use Normal Mapping...........the next step up from bump mapping, but are still used in conjunction with each other.

Even some current-gen games use normal mapping, like Halo 2, Chronicles of Riddick and Path of Neo.

ok normal-mapping! but it´s using the same textures as bumpmapping anyways, it´s just a little adjustment in your pixel-shader-configuration...look @ the pics above and you know what i mean!!

Spiderman's graphics have above average parts.. and below average parts.. characters look amazing, so do the textures.

Some of the scenery has been designed so badly though.

The second screenshot being the main culprit. It looks clumsy.. I probably wont buy this if the screenshots are anything to go by.

it's defintly a major bump over the xbox version actualy i think the wii version of the Thing looks beater looking at those shots and the diffrence in total is very remote.

but then again the wii,ps3 & psp version gets the beater developer

this is what i pulled out of the fact sheet

Developer:

Raven Software (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox, PS2)

Vicarious Visions (PS3, Revolution, PSP)

Beenox Studios (PC)

TBA (GBA - NOTE: gameplay/content may vary)

Release Date: Fall 2006

SRP:

$59.99 (Xbox 360, PS3)

$49.99 (Revolution, PSP)

$39.99 (Xbox, PS2, PC)

$29.99 (GBA)

Graphically I think the marvel game looked poor but anyway I did say wow when I saw Galaxy. With that setting sun in the clouds thing, in the background, it looked great.

Did any one get that feeling when they saw it that they had seen it before somehow? I don't mean that in a bad way. Maybe it was just one of them fake pics that popped up a couple of weeks ago that made me think that.

To be honest I didn't think I'd be excited as I am right now for this game.

And to all those people who weren't impressed by it's graphics, Why? Waht else did you want?

spore had planets that where like that (not quite as nice), but thats a totaly diffrent game and concept.

i said wow when I saw mario.. it´s clearly shadermodel 3!!!! same materials as used in gears of war but naturally way less detail because it´s a mariogame!

I said wow at TP,Galaxy and MP3.They look great in my eyes.

I agree up to MP3. I thought it looked bland. For me it has never been about bump mapping or whatever silly technique. It is about detail and artistic vision. Which is why I think MP looks better than Halo 2. The art style I saw wasn't great I just really want to see more organic envirionments brimming with detail. That is what I like. I hope I see more.

It's gotta have 'Star' in the title surely? Anyway heres my ideas:

Super Mario: Space Station

Super Mario: Moon dust

Super Mario: Star dust

Super Mario: Galaxy kooper trooper

Super Mario: Planets

::shrug:

I'd be satisfied if they kept the galaxy name but I'd love a name that is similar to that of Super Mario RPG (Legend of the Seven Stars)

How about:

Super Mario Galaxy: Sparkling in the Moonlight

Anyway what the heck, we should see it in action more soon :D:D:D

Man, i wonder if it's on the floor, i wish i could play it :(

Super Mario: Outer Reach?

Super Mario: Dark Side of The Moon :D . I'm happy with Galaxy. I would have prefered that they made an old school Mario in 3D though. One day...... One day....

Super Mario: Dark Side of The Moon :D . I'm happy with Galaxy. I would have prefered that they made an old school Mario in 3D though. One day...... One day....

With Pink Floydd doing the soundtrack!

I like the name Galaxy, although maybe the chocolate makers wouldn't.

Free advertising, it's all subliminal.

Won't be detrimental to their sales at all.

No, but you know how companies get.

Free Galaxy bar when you purchase Super Mario Galaxy for Nintendo Wii. Gives you something to do on the way home.