NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Yep, I can feel the magic from this one.

As long as they don't put in some kind of holiday resort and skip on the voice-acting, this can't go wrong. ;)

Me want Koopa Kids! :p

Me want Koopa Kids! :p

I'd love to see them return and messing with Bowser Jr because he stole all their father's "love".:D

NGamer take Mario to the "wrong" places in Honey Bee Galaxy:

Be warned: if you're not obsessed with stuffing your face with every last crumb of Super Mario Galaxy info you can get, this blog post is going to seem very odd indeed. But for the rest of you: yesterday, the NGamer team played the E3 demo of Super Mario Galaxy again, and we reached a bit of the Honey Bee Galaxy -- the one with Mario all dolled up in his bee suit -- that no-one else has reached. We actually cheered.

Handily, we've printed an exclusive map of Honey Bee Galaxy in our exhaustive Super Mario Galaxy preview in NGamer issue 15, in newsagents as of yesterday. Because we're nice people, you can download two pages by clicking left -- we've marked the location of our explorations with a big purple star.

So here's what we do. With the Bee Suit on (it's sitting under the waterfall), we run back to the start of the level, leap over the bottom-left stretch of water using Z+A for a long jump, and - with a bit of extra jumping and straining on Mario's part - reach the usually-inaccessible area under that big tree on the left. This is when we cheered.

What do we find? Some little Mario 64-style wooden stumps sticking out of the ground - Mario can butt-stop down (jump with A, then Z in the air), revealing a fortune in glittering gems around the tree stump. There's another Piranha Plant there, too, but we ignore him. Because we wanted to climb even higher - to the platforms just left of the waterfall. Bee Mario can't fly up, but a bit of exploratory jumping and - yes! - he can stand on that little 'wall' around the back-left of the level, run up, and reach another gem-filled paradise (that little pool of water on the map).

By now, we're tingling with that magic that comes with reaching bits of Mario levels you never thought you'd see. And that's when Kim notices the grassy platform above the waterfall. We must reach it. Deep breath, Greener holds A to send Bee Mario fluttering upwards and - another cheer - we're up.

Scampering left and up the little grassy ramp, we're able to actually stand at the top of the waterfall and watch the water tumbling down - now we're somewhere we definitely don't think Shigsy expected anyone to be in this demo version, because the confused camera is spinning like mad, refusing to follow Mario around in the slick manner of the rest of the level. There are some odd little plants up here that we haven't seen anywhere else, too: a little like the 'elastic balls' you might have seen from footage of the Gateway Galaxy - but they don't animate.

Interestingly, off to the left (not visible on our map), there's a big grassy green slope leading down and, suspended off the edge at the bottom, two big wooden blocks in a 'T' shape. We stand on them, bash them, float underneath - but they don't do anything. This adds to the evidence that worlds like Honey Bee Galaxy will be home to multiple Stars, and the landscape will shift and change depending on which you're after - just like Super Mario Sunshine. These mysterious blocks are likely going to be 'activated' as part of some puzzle-platforming challenge in a later level.

That's where we called it a day: not entirely intentionally, as Greener decided to leap from the top of the waterfall over to a treetop on the right, and found that Mario can't quite keep his footing on leafy canopies... slip, tumble, instant death.

Sorry, there are no pictures - we were racing through all this in the four-and-a-half-minutes before we were kicked off the demo. We hope there are at least some of you reading this who share our first-man-on-the-Moon-style excitement at standing on a bit of the Super Mario Galaxy universe previously untouched by clunky plumber's boots. There are people like us out there... right?

The "map" can be found here

You made a mistake we aren't getting Brawl this year dude.

We may do, as there's no definitive release date. I cannot wait till this game, I just hope there's plenty to do. I also hope its not too easy/hard.

no we are not getting brawl this year. I thought this was confirmed at e3

Thus, why they invented importing. But we're getting MP3, Super Mario Galaxy and PH, so no-one can complain.

Thus, why they invented importing. But we're getting MP3, Super Mario Galaxy and PH, so no-one can complain.

huh? and play it on what our ps3? Because it's more lilkely to work on that.

Myabe I'm not getting you here though if so I'm sorry.... I just love sarcasm

Nice little Mario Galaxy poster with this months NGamer :)
I got that its so good, I can't wait for this game. Put it on my door.

hehehehe the poster age.... o i remember that age so very well. ah well been there done that ^.^ it is a nice memory tough.

huh? and play it on what our ps3? Because it's more lilkely to work on that.

Myabe I'm not getting you here though if so I'm sorry.... I just love sarcasm

The Americans and Japanese are getting it (duh)

this galaxy thing has me wondering what the next mario will look like. i mean, how does one top "galaxy". aren't much more places to go.

this galaxy thing has me wondering what the next mario will look like. i mean, how does one top "galaxy". aren't much more places to go.

They'll think of something. It's nintendo.

An alternate universe with totally different physics to ours?

Maybe they could adapt on previous ideas, like the toy-box one from Paper Mario?

i'm sure they'll think of something, but it makes me wonder. how about that. tha game ain't even out yet and i'm talking 'bout a sequel.

Some more utterly fantastic news:

Crawling is back!

(from NGamer)

Crawling? Whas that again?

Super Mario 64. Stay still, hold Z then move (while still holding Z)

What is the realease date for Europe? Do we have a concrete one yet?

No, just Q4 2007 for now.