Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

Guest Jordan

I'm worried.

I love the original Prime, but i couldn't fucking stand Echoes. We shall see how this one pans out.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to this? I played about an hour of Prime 1 on GC and never got into it. Just not bothered. With Halo around the same time I'll probably end up not even buying this...

Never played the Cube games, Metroid Prime Hunters was my first experience of Metroid and gave me a bad impression of the series, so I'm not sure.

You two... GTFO!

I love the original Prime, but i couldn't fucking stand Echoes. We shall see how this one pans out.

I find that odd, as they're very similar.

I found Echoes more annoying — the Keys were a chore, and I wasn't a big fan of Dark Aether — but I'm not sure why it would completely turn your opinion on its head. What didn't you like about it?

I'm not very excited for Corruption, mainly because from what little we've seen it looks like more of the same. Now that isn't a bad thing per se, I just hope they've mixed things up a bit for this sequel. Retro might well have done — we've seen basically nothing — but at the moment I'll definitely buy it, just not be particularly hyped for it.

I'm as hyped as can be, but i've been the same with all the Prime titles...

The problem is Nintendo have crossed the line with there secrecy, wherass we've seen vids, and screens of Halo 3, as well as a major press event. We've only seen two demos and 5 unique screenshots for Prime 3 :(

You two... GTFO!

no m8

Metroid Hunters is the only game I've played. I struggled through level 1, was about to cry when it gave me a time limit to get out of the level, and then got lost in that stupid lava maze on the second level and decided that it wasn't for me. The online I didn't enjoy, because for a newbie to be plunged straight into a match of Americans/Japanese who knew the game inside out was unfair.

no m8

Metroid Hunters is the only game I've played. I struggled through level 1, was about to cry when it gave me a time limit to get out of the level, and then got lost in that stupid lava maze on the second level and decided that it wasn't for me. The online I didn't enjoy, because for a newbie to be plunged straight into a match of Americans/Japanese who knew the game inside out was unfair.

Hunters is NOTHING like the brilliance of Prime and Echoes. Buy them now!

Halo over Metroid?

Are you insane? :o

Prime...you know...kinda kicks halo in the keester.

Hope this ones the best and longest. They've had ages to make it.

You two... GTFO!

Now these people obviously know what they're talking about.

I actually liked MP Hunters quite a bit, I especially preferred the shooting style of the DS over the GC one.

Sure it's brilliant for GC controls but I felt it was a bit limited and not challenging enough.

I'm pretty happy they try to make it a bit more straight-forward as far as I understood and add an extra element by travelling.

no m8

Man i would kill you if you were beside me no offence. For the record hunters is the worst metroid ever but it was fantastic on-line. it does have a 'play people your own level option' you know you didn't give it a chance me thinks. Get yourself super metroid and metroid prime,. hell any other metroid game.

For the guys who didn't like echoes don't worry they promised this one will be easier but personally i love the challenge but hate those where the hell do i go moments. It feels like sex clearing echoes though.

Guest Stefkov
Am I the only one not particularly looking forward to this? I played about an hour of Prime 1 on GC and never got into it. Just not bothered. With Halo around the same time I'll probably end up not even buying this...

I'm the same, I kinda don't like fps'. Plus I just didnt know where I was going in the game made me give up on it.

I prefer Halo to Metroid Prime tbh - and I don't even own a 360/Xbox or the Halo games, yet I have the three 3D Metroids. I actually found Hunters the best for multiplayer alone.

They are completely different games and anyway metroid prime kicks.STOP COMPARING THEM!. It's such an annoying thing people do the only thing they have in common is the view.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!