NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I think the first game I played was Lylat Wars and I adapted to it easily,though in the asteroid level I didn't know how dodge an energy attack :heh:

It looks mint, but from what i see graphicly no diffrent to the Cube games.

^ youve got to be joking! just wait till you play it on a monitor. god i really dont know why i bother reading these comments. at the end of the day its about if I myself enjoy it. but trust me that once you turn corruption on for the first time and the metroid theme and atmosphere hooks on, and samus jumps from her ship and your controlling her. gah i'll shut up and let you be depressed. this is retro studios and they arent gonna do a bloody half assed job with the graphics.

tut tut

^ youve got to be joking! just wait till you play it on a monitor. god i really dont know why i bother reading these comments. at the end of the day its about if I myself enjoy it. but trust me that once you turn corruption on for the first time and the metroid theme and atmosphere hooks on, and samus jumps from her ship and your controlling her. gah i'll shut up and let you be depressed. this is retro studios and they arent gonna do a bloody half assed job with the graphics.

tut tut

He's not too far from the truth, the graphics ar pretty similar but with some extra effects.

metroidprime3_008.JPG

Could this be the new evil race that wants to destry the chozo and the luminoth?

I don't think Metroid 3 will be ready for the Wiis launch - it would seem that this is Metroid pre-Wii optimisation. They've almost certainly been developing on the GC dev kit up until now, and thay've got bags of time to give the graphics a good buff-up. Just look at some of the lighting and weapon effects - they seem much crisper and more detailed then most of the world they light up.

I think i sawa list of dates with Metroid at 2007, i could be wrong though

Well said King Boo. I can see the difference and to be honest even if i could'nt it's no big deal, it's all about the gameplay! The guy in the vid didn't look like he could play metroid prime 1 to be honest but thats my opinion. Matt from ign ended up loving it and there were some glitches in the demo he played so it must be damn good

I'm sorry and I don't mean this as an insulte, because there's nothing wrong with it, but if you think it looks the same as MP2 you dont know squat about graphics. Much better textures, models are a little better too, great effects and wide open scenarios. There's not much room for improvement in Metroid except that. Not to mention that they started working on GC dev kits as most 1st gen games.

I'm kind of worried about aiming here and in Red Steel. They said that if the screen moved along with the FHC you'd get easy but this way its hard to point and move at the same time like in a pc... I can't see why you'd get dizzy...

I'm sorry and I don't mean this as an insulte, because there's nothing wrong with it, but if you think it looks the same as MP2 you dont know squat about graphics. Much better textures, models are a little better too, great effects and wide open scenarios. There's not much room for improvement in Metroid except that. Not to mention that they started working on GC dev kits as most 1st gen games.

I'm kind of worried about aiming here and in Red Steel. They said that if the screen moved along with the FHC you'd get easy but this way its hard to point and move at the same time like in a pc... I can't see why you'd get dizzy...

Maybe me and others didn't see enough vids of it, I'm gonna watch the ones at ign now and comment later.

I also don't get it why they don't just apply the "target to move the screen" like in every fps...it would be a lot easier...

at least matt (ign) plays it a lot better than the other guy :)

I also don't get it why they don't just apply the "target to move the screen" like in every fps...it would be a lot easier...

i know they didn't do that with red steel because it caused too much movement i think, made people feel sick. could be wrong thou

The IGN videos have impressed me a lot more than anything else on the game so far and the hand stuff looks really cool, but one thing is really worrying me. Is it just me or do the turning controls seem really clunky and unnatural? The aiming looks fantastic but the turning really looks odd to me just now, I hope it improves a lot before it's released.

i think they just need to fiddle with the sensitivity and aim area size (the invisible circle used for aiming etc). Not a big deal i dont think, have faith

I figured it out. If the whole screen moved as you moved the FHC, because of your shaking the screen would be always moving. This kind of seems that they should just broaden the dead zone, but if they haven't done it, it worries me. If FPS need to be controlled like this, it won't be a FPS heaven as we imagined it.

From what I understand from the videos and Matt's explanation, is that it moves like a normal fps, you just point to the border of the screen and when it reach a certain limit it starts turning, the only problem I saw was that it turns a little slow.

And the graphics do look better but not to the extent you made it seem, not that I really care, I <3 Metroid.

Edit:

IGN just put this up http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707486p1.html

Retro Studios also confirmed that Metroid Prime 3 will depart from the light and dark world setup introduced in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and instead feature large areas to explore on multiple worlds. Though Samus will use her new gunship to travel between planets, players hoping to pilot Samus Aran's new gunship may be disappointed to hear that they will not be able to pilot the ship themselves. Travel between areas likely occurs only in cutscene form. That's not to say that the ship doesn't feature a large role in the game, however. Retro hinted at a new visor mode that lets Samus command her ship from the ground. For example, she can use the gunship uplink to blow up obstacles in her way and gain access to new areas.

Though the other visors are still being kept a secret, Retro did confirm that the X-Ray visor will return and play a bigger part in both combat and puzzle solving. Used in conjunction with a new beam that is able to shoot through walls, players will be able to detect obscured enemies and take them out safely.

The developer is also hard at work on polishing the graphics in the game to make it a noticeable step up over the previous titles. Retro has added new bloom effects and much more complex particle systems for even bigger fireworks. The target framerate for the final game is a smooth 60 frames per second.

Look for the complete interview soon.

hey shino your a ledgend. Thats sounding quality. and its been confirmed as a launch title. Those videos hellfire posted are amazing. the doors look like they have a kirby face on it hehe.

yes im so happy, with smash bros unveiled and all

Mario, Zelda, Metroid all on one day? Oooooh creamy.

Shame Smash Bros isn't a launch game anymore, but no worries.

Mario (PLEASE), Metroid, Zelda, Wii: sports, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball and many others on day one? My god i'm going to faint. :bowdown:

Oh and it does look like a slight improvement over the CUBE version. Seems more bold to me. :)

IGN confirm no online play.... NOOOOOOOOO!

After playing Hunters online this would've been a great feature for Metroid, although I still feel the single player game is THE most important thing in the game!

Yeah seeing as SMB:Brawl is no longer a launch they said that this would be. That's a ridiculous launch line up though. I don't even know what i'm going to do....whats that student loan? you want to help me out - well if you insist.

Although i just read over at IGN that Miyamota can't promise Mario as a launch title, but it'll be out within the first 6 months. I personally think Mario has to be launched with the console, especially if the pad is designed around the game, i'd like it to be the first game i play on the console really.