NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Thought it looked fantastic!!

Was that Ridley in the video?!!

Noooooooo! I hate the bastard. He took me ages to kill on Prime!

The graphics don't look amazing, but they're good enough for me. If I want better graphics in my games, then I'll switch to my 2nd console, most probably the xbox 360.

Can't wait. :yay:

It does but most parts need free-aiming. I love the sound of the grapple beam! Rip space pirate shields away with nunchuk motion whilst still shooting other pirates. And apparently the level maps are huge. Best game ever.

And yeah i swear i saw ridley falling down that hole.

And whoever said hooray for the prime series ending is inane. Prime is the closest thing to gaming perfection, and prime 3 will just be an unbelievable way to end the amazing series. But i'll need to buy a revolution first!

Edit: im still calling it revolution!

The title makes me think this could be the most interesting Metroid yet.

However I am judging it on the title alone. Hah.. that means nothing, ignore me.

to anyone who's not impressed by the gfx. i really think we need to save judgement until we see good size screens or a good res video. However imo it looked a fair amount better than echoes which is fine in my book.

The controls and immersion are the important things. Can't wait to hear the charge beam charging up on my FHC.... oh baby

The graphics aren't jaw dropping, but there's not much room for improvement. If you have a good eye you can see that the textures are great and so are the animations. The levels seem huge and open and the particle effects were better. IGN says AI is pretty great too.

I thought it looked like a Cube game. Nintendo have said that better graphics is a given on the next-generation, it is not noteworthy. However, neither Metroid, Zelda or Mario looked like something the Cube couldn't produce. I expected there to be some sort of obvious improvement just not on the scale of the 360/PS3. Yet every single game looks current-gen (even Red Steel).

I loved MP1/2 so no doubt I'll get this. But at the moment I'm disappointed both with the MP3 visuals and Matt Cassamassina's hands-on review.

It has got lock on but you dont have to use it. Similar to Prime as always then.

I thought Matts hands on was very postive, just a few niggles. Of course its going to take time to get used to - he only had 10 mins!!

Nintendo need to release a trailer for Metroid Prime 3 that shows it off as well as Halo 3's does that game. I need to be wowed to get excited about this. So far it just looks like another follow up with new controls.

what gets me is that why didnt nintendo just bring the fhc to gamecube? Judging from what i've seen, gamecube can do everything the Wii can do. Is Wii really worth £150? AS the rumours have been saying? I mean we're paying nearly £50 extra for the controller.

The graphics are more powerful. You'll notice it in terms of the size of play areas, added detail etc. once the console is out.

Also for the added WIFI - you can't do that with Gamecube and it will be a massive part of Wii.

I loved MP1/2 so no doubt I'll get this. But at the moment I'm disappointed both with the MP3 visuals and Matt Cassamassina's hands-on review.

Well one thing he specifically stated is that Prime 3 has MUCH larger areas than Prime 2 and far more enemies on screen. Both of those will enhance gameplay more than graphics, but if they simply just upped the polygon count and textures, they couldn't have expanded the scale of areas and amount of enemies much.

Largely agree that the graphics weren't much improved from the Cube , although I will wait until more is shown before passing judgement.

Even so , just playing it with the FHC will make it a completely different experience and that alone is probably enough to convince me to get it.

As others have stated , I am also glad it isn't going to be a launch title as I am still trying to figure a way of being able to afford all the good stuff at launch (perhaps I should consider a job).

I hope to kill Ridley with a shot a pint blank so I can hear die in my hand. Hes gonna be tough. What other improvements you think he'll have?

well last ridley was meta-ridley, so it wasnt real, right? i beat ridley first time i played it i didnt think it was that hard

well last ridley was meta-ridley, so it wasnt real, right? i beat ridley first time i played it i didnt think it was that hard

IIRC; Metaridley is Ridley reconstructed using biomechanical parts.

It'll be Super OMG meta Ridley. And he'll have pwn cannons on his shoulders.

I know I said the graphics underwhelmed me but I know this and Mario could not have been done on the Cube. Like people have said it's not all about how detailed the characters are it's also the size of the areas they're in. Any way I don't expect this to released untill March. Head to Head with halo all over again.

I never really got into Prime 1 even though I got to the end (except I haven't beat Prime yet), I will be getting this. One thing I have to point out as a concern for me is that shooting is handled by the A button!!! Why oh why is this the case? Surely the B button would be far more appropriate.

What's wrong with the graphics? I personally don't care if there not that much better because Prime looked brilliant on the GameCube.

It doesnt really matter, the controls might be adjustable anyway....

And flippin hell the graphics are awsome! Keep watching the video of it from IGN and you'll see the charge beam, enemies and environments look absolutely stunning. And it isnt that revealing either. Once you have it playable on a TV monitor in your room i bet youll take everything back. Its not even finished and they said they crammed loads of enemies into it, the levels are massive and, i just thought the reflections and smoothness of the power beam looked really professional.

And the grapple thing looks and sounds amazing, seeing you can use that and the arm cannon at the same time. Am i the only person here rooting for this game, itll look and play stunning in the final version. And its also about the story and scans and creature logs. There will be new weapons powers and....... loads of stuff.

God lighten up people and think.

I bet the reason for the graphics not being that much of an improvement is probably that Retro reused the Metroid Prime Cube engine, meaning it can't use as much of the Wii's potential. Super Mario Galaxy and Red Steel show off the Wii graphics much better. It's probably also the reason why it's still Dolby Pro Logic II like said in the IGN hands-on (let's hope so anyway).

But hell, it's Metroid! I'm very excited for this game.

I thought, from what you can see in the tiny video, that it looked better than the first two. I think people forget what they actually looked like, as I remember going to play MP after MP2 and thinking "hey there actually is a bit of difference, hmmm."

The game play looks like there will be lots of features but I really hope that they don't make it as bleak as Echoes. Not that that was bad but it was everywhere. Not a huge amount of variety but I still thought it rocked. I hope that MP3 has a much stronger story than MP2 as well cos that was weak...

Ill porbably enjoy this unlike mp1.

I loved MPH for it's ease of control, this will be even bettrer, immersion into the game. Gameplay videos were awesome, u can't wait