Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we can't really disprove any theories unless Nintendo themselves bring out a timeline...

I agree, but it's fun to speculate, no? The whole timeline is probably nonsense but I like the fan discussions :smile:

As for Phantom Hourglass - it's possible it happens in between The Wind Waker and Link's Awakening. We have to wait for more details than just the sea in the trailer though.

Jesus Christ; what a mess.(...)

OOT<Adult ending>TP>WW>ALTTP>LA>LOZ>AOL

OOT<Child Ending>MM

(...)

FSA and MC are oddities in my opinion as they try and reqrite the back history of Zelda; no triforce-we have the golden power instead, no goddesses

could be just as easily:

OOT<Adult ending>TP>WW

OOT<Child Ending>MM>ALTTP>LA>LOZ>AOL

Because it's not confirmed by Nintendo whatsoever... whether they were planning for the main timeline to be TP/WW already or not is up to them.

Acting like you know... despite no one knowing just shows arrogance.

Don't get me wrong... in my arguing I left all the options including those you just said, but I left it all as a "if they decide that way" and "if they ever do a timeline" beucause... hey it's a option... but... it's not the only one...

I don't like that "know-it-all atitude" you seem to think you're our "saviour" or something when, infact... you know as much as we do.

EDIT: if they ever make a timeline they'll have to fit in FS and MC you know, just like LOZ and AOL and pretty much every game who doesn't have a direct connection with OoT. It's no use for you to reject them... also there are more games without the triforce and no godesses for that matter, so what's wrong?

I agree with DCK when he says it's fun to talk about the timeline and all... but I don't find it funny when someone thinks he knows more... I don't care if gamefaqs agrees with you or not, I'd care if Nintendo agreed... Sorry if it's not the case and you weren't having a "know-it-all" atitude, but that was the feeling I got when I read it.

Only parts of the timeline has been confirmed not all of it,Discussing the timeline is one of the fun things about Zelda
I think they'll stay that way, nintendo has no interest in linking the older games in the series (LOZ and AOL) to the newer ones, mainly due to how much story-telling has progressed along the years... Only if they were to make remakes for them and evolve the storyline to current standards.

Every new home console Zelda game has some kind of relation to OoT so it's not a big deal, the storyline is doing just like it should, IMO. I would just like to have a confirmation where does aLttP take place after all but that's a minor complain.

I think your right ,I don't think Nintendo care about the older Zelda games story aswell,I don't much either but there still classics.I do care a boit about the strory on Home consoles aswell and It appears so do Nintendo since they've been related to OOT like you said

could be just as easily:

OOT<Adult ending>TP>WW

OOT<Child Ending>MM>ALTTP>LA>LOZ>AOL

If ALTTP comes after the child ending, then how do they know about the events of the war with ganon? answer me that; it happened in the future, of which the child link hyrule dwellers were never privy to.

I don't like that "know-it-all atitude" you seem to think you're our "saviour" or something when, infact... you know as much as we do.

And I don't like your attiude mate; you to seem to also come off as a know it all wanker; don't ever talk to me like that again you little prick, ok?

Talk about nice folk :P Just because it talks about a war doesn't main it has to be the fight in OOT,we don't get enough information to judge and there's no need to start name calling and getting angry.But you did imply you knew the timeline but who cares that much to start arguing about it? Enjoy the game for what it is and get along and discuss your ideas instead of cursing to other people about it

If ALTTP comes after the child ending, then how do they know about the events of the war with ganon? answer me that; it happened in the future, of which the child link hyrule dwellers were never privy to.
because probably ganon gets unsealed in both realities DUH, it's not like ganon stopped from existing in any of them... that's why I said you think you know more than others... when in fact you know as much as anyone who played the games and read the articles floating around. there's no need to say "oh, I'm backed up by gamefaqs" you could even say you were backed up by queen of england
And I don't like your attiude mate; you to seem to also come off as a know it all wanker; don't ever talk to me like that again you little prick, ok?
oh, you're so badass... you come in and go as if: you know everything and you're the one who's right and.... when you get confronted that's how you run? cool... because I see right through you.

and I didn't insult you like you did in your response (i.e. prick) nor did I threatned you... I said I don't like your atitude... Do you think, with a all-mighty response like that you're going to earn my respect?

Talk about nice folk :P Just because it talks about a war doesn't main it has to be the fight in OOT,we don't get enough information to judge and there's no need to start name calling and getting angry.But you did imply you knew the timeline but who cares that much to start arguing about it? Enjoy the game for what it is and get along and discuss your ideas instead of cursing to other people about it
I agree, this was quite a stupid thing to do to react like that to a person like him, although I was right... but hey... I've got moments I just bursted out.

I won't happen on my part again, not that soon anyway.

In my opinion the Zelda's timeline goes like this;

The Minish Cap

Ocarina of Time

Majora’s Mask

Twilight Princess

The Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

Four Swords

A Link to the Past

Link’s Awakening

Four Swords Adventures

Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

The Legend of Zelda

The Adventure of Link

zeldafan2020 do you just post in this topic and not the boards at all?

I think it's stupid to argue about timeline. it's so un important. that's what makes it a " legend". we're not supposed to know when each and every game happened. just enjoy them. each is its own unique legend in the chapters of the legends of Zelda. :)
for once I agree with you :grin:, although it was not really arguing over a timeline, it could be any other subject I just lost my cool... let's rest the case and move on.

and I didn't insult you like you did in your response (i.e. prick) nor did I threatned you... I said I don't like your atitude... Do you think, with a all-mighty response like that you're going to earn my respect?

Go fuck yourself paedo.....i mean pedro. I don't care what you think about me, or whethere you think that I see myself as an all knowing zelda god(which i don't).

Go fuck yourself paedo.....i mean pedro. I don't care what you think about me, or whethere you think that I see myself as an all knowing zelda god(which i don't).

Anyway swearing off anyone in here and i will issuing formal warnings. That goes for everyone. Lets keep this clean.

My god are you two actually insulting each other over a video game. I mean we're all nerds here but thats a step too far.

Anyway, six months from now we'll all be able to settle this over nice big game of Red Steel.

Oh and Shadow, zeldafan, thanks for trying to keep this place calm. We're all here to discuss.

In my opinion the Zelda's timeline goes like this;

The Minish Cap

Ocarina of Time

Majora’s Mask

Twilight Princess

The Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass

Four Swords

A Link to the Past

Link’s Awakening

Four Swords Adventures

Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

The Legend of Zelda

The Adventure of Link

zeldafan2020 do you just post in this topic and not the boards at all?

What are the boards? lol

do you think they're will be any other Demo's for TP apart from the one's we've seen and Wolf Link
I think so, didn't nintendo said something like "a few more adjustments and we'll have wolf link playable at (this) E3" I don't think they'll show too much of the game just yet, probably 3 more "levels" like the original had. just my two cents.

They could also go into a "let's show of Revmote!" and just show the levels they've shown last year played with a new controller.

What are the boards? lol
He means "other" threads/topics.