N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

I don't think its possible to do that, the best option is to make a new thread for importers in the import board where they can talk about the game, then no one else will have to see what they're saying.

OK. And then we can hope that they don't come in here...

Whoa I just remembered my idea!!!! I think... Yeah. No... Yep! It might not be good, but would it be possible to admit only certain people to the thread that have been taking an active part in the thread over the year?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. And then we can hope that they don't come in here...

Whoa I just remembered my idea!!!! I think... Yeah. No... Yep! It might not be good, but would it be possible to admit only certain people to the thread that have been taking an active part in the thread over the year?

What about only letting [those who have been taking an active part in the thread] write, but everybody to read?

He's good but I wouldn't say he was the best.

No it's a fact. He's ranked first for a reason. He wins practically every tourny, and even organised a japanese tourny in 2005, flew to Japan (lives in America), and OWNED all the players there, thus earning the title of worlds best smash player. He also won the OC2 tourny (basically a world tourny) last month.

Anyway, Zelda is so close to being mine! I just know that when this comes out, my life will be based AROUND it lol.

what does the first part have to do with zelda

OMG!

He had something un-Zelda related in his post!

Flame! Ban! Kill!

Shit, better say something Zelda related before I get in trouble...

Errr..... Link wears green!

Phew...

He's not first in my eyes and from my last post I said 'I wouldn't say he was the best' ,it was an opinion.When he's beaten every single smash player in the world then he will be 'Number 1'.

I'm really not trying to sound harsh here,so please don't take offense to this since your a fellow smash player :

No it's a fact.He's ranked first for a reason.

How can it be a fact he's number one,he hasn't beaten every single Smash player on earth.It's just an assumption from people and they believe it because they're probably bias.

He wins practically every tourny,

So not every tournament then ?

and even organised a japanese tourny in 2005, flew to Japan (lives in America), and OWNED all the players there, thus earning the title of worlds best smash player.

He hasn't got or even earned an official title,it's just peoples opinion.

There are people in the world that are great players that won't enter Tournaments.

He's not first in my eyes and from my last post I said 'I wouldn't say he was the best' ,it was an opinion.When he's beaten every single smash player in the world then he will be 'Number 1'.

I'm really not trying to sound harsh here,so please don't take offense to this since your a fellow smash player :

How can it be a fact he's number one,he hasn't beaten every single Smash player on earth.It's just an assumption from people and they believe it because they're probably bias.

So not every tournament then ?

He hasn't got or even earned an official title,it's just peoples opinion.

There are people in the world that are great players that won't enter Tournaments.

Ok i think after this post we should stick with zelda talk:laughing:

If you're not interesting in Smash, ignore all of this post apart from the last part which IS about Zelda. Sorry bout that lol.

1. Anyway, I agree its NOT a fact that he's the best player in the world. SOrry bout that, but anyone who gets remotely good at smash and appreciates how good he is would tell you only a few players in the world would have a chance against him and other pros.

2. He doesn't win EVERY tourny because he can't attend every single one. However, as much as I'm aware, out of the 30 tournies he's attended, hes only not won 5 of them. He's also the most consistant player, and under pressure he's simply amazing. His mindgames are so good that he was able to beat Masashi easily when he went to japan (masashi was known as one of the best foxes in the world).

3. There are people that don't attend tournies, but if they attended they wouldn't do that well at all. Being watched by hundreds of people and still playing flawlessly is very difficult. Anyone that hasn't gone to a tourny would get their ass kicked by a Pro. I mean, I would get my ass kicked by the guys that the ass kicked out of them by Ken, so yeah...

Anyway, that was enough about smash...Let's talk Zelda :D

What weapons do people hope to see in the game? I really hope we see the return of the Megaton Hammer from Ocarina, because even though the Skull Hammer in WW was good, it lacked something.

I also hope we see some of the weapons seen in the 2D games on TP, like on ALTTP, Link had pegasus boots! They were like, amazing :). Also, Link had those 3 special spells (Bombus, Ether, and something else i think), so I wonder if he'll get those as his journy goes on. I think that would awesome :D

I also hope we see some of the weapons seen in the 2D games on TP, like on ALTTP, Link had pegasus boots! They were like, amazing :). Also, Link had those 3 special spells (Bombus, Ether, and something else i think), so I wonder if he'll get those as his journy goes on. I think that would awesome :D

Quake was the other one. I'd love to see some big ass magic spells that can be cast, always helpfull when you just can't be bothered to clear that room of enemies again and it'd look fantastic as well!

he can use the pagusus boots in all the recent 2ds and in oot the hover boots ruled!

i want to see a jumping item (how would this work in 3d)

maybe after we press the button to use it we can control jumping with the wii mote or the a button.

i think almost every item from previous zeldas will be in this game

I'd like to see some originality in terms of the items. Sure a few of the classics should be there but just rehashing them every game is a bit boring. I'm not trolling, I'm aware that each game has a couple of unique items but I'd like to see loads of new stuff for new types of puzzles.

I'd like to see some originality in terms of the items. Sure a few of the classics should be there but just rehashing them every game is a bit boring. I'm not trolling, I'm aware that each game has a couple of unique items but I'd like to see loads of new stuff for new types of puzzles.

This in essence is the very reason why this games going to be so fantastic. Previous Zelda games [particularly the 3D incarnations] in the series have borrowed heavily on one particular game in the series, [e.g. Majoras Mask the great game that it was, was heavily based on OOT and its existing fundamentals]. But with Twilight Princess just with what we've seen thus far with screenshots, movies and what not, we can already see it has taken the best elements/features of a number of games in the series and combining them into one ULTIMATE game with a considerable amount of new ideas to boot. This game features some of the most original aspects of a Zelda game seen in a long time [since Ocarina of Time with the innovative Z targeting mechanics] yet maintaining the classic fundamentals that makes Zelda the legendary series that it is. Rest easy guys, this game is gonna be one hell of an experience that you'll cherish for a very long time and will give the current mediocre game market a grand shake up.

he can use the pagusus boots in all the recent 2ds and in oot the hover boots ruled!

maybe after we press the button to use it we can control jumping with the wii mote or the a button.

i think almost every item from previous zeldas will be in this game

I am also hoping for Roc's Feather (think that's what its called). I reckon it would work just like the hover boots; when link runs of the edge of the cliff, he could just float abit more in midair (as if the gravity was less). Would make for some great puzzles :D

I just watched it and when he says that the original Zelda Overworld tune appeared in every Zelda game to date I cant ever remember hearing it in OOT.

That guy in the video is wrong overall, a mistake on his part, but ever so slightly correct.

I just turned on the game moments ago, part of it is subtly in the Hyrule Field theme, but just a little bit. The whole tune is officially not in the game, the only Zelda game ever to not have the famous overworld theme.

Which bears the question, should the "overworld theme" be in Twilight Princess in some form?

WIKIPEDIA EXTRACT:

Wikipedia reference-linkWikipedia reference-link" target="new">" target="new">The Hyrule overworld theme from past Zelda games, which is considered by most fans as the "official" Zelda tune, is not in Ocarina of Time in its entirety, although its opening phrase is subtly present in the Hyrule Field theme. This marks the only time in the series when the overworld theme has been absent.[WIKIPEDIA]

I don't think we will ever see the feather (the old jumping item) again.

Miyamoto has two huge franchises, Super Mario and the Legend of Zelda.

Once he had finished Super Mario 64 he went on to work on Ocarina of Time, but Miyamoto wanted a game completely different to Super Mario 64.

This is why there is automatic jumping in Zelda, it is a concious attempt to differentiate gameplay from Super Mario's and confine the two franchises in their own, separate genres.

And anyway I don't think controlled jumps would suit The Legend of Zelda at all, but if some of you have watched the latest trailer of Twilight Princess, you'll see that automatic jumps don't apply to the Wolf...

I think the jumping items will be kept to 2D handheld Zelda games (If there are going to be any more). It worked well in Minish Cap, but I don't see how it will work in 3D.

The Wolf seems completely different. It looks like it's pre-set jumps at pre-set locations. Hope those parts are short. Like:

- Jump towards point A

- Fight

- Jump some more

- Puzzle

- Jump some more

- Fight/Puzzle to Reach point A

That guy in the video is wrong overall, a mistake on his part, but ever so slightly correct.

I just turned on the game moments ago, part of it is subtly in the Hyrule Field theme, but just a little bit. The whole tune is officially not in the game, the only Zelda game ever to not have the famous overworld theme.

Which bears the question, should the "overworld theme" be in Twilight Princess in some form?

WIKIPEDIA EXTRACT:

Wikipedia reference-linkWikipedia reference-link" target="new">" target="new">The Hyrule overworld theme from past Zelda games, which is considered by most fans as the "official" Zelda tune, is not in Ocarina of Time in its entirety, although its opening phrase is subtly present in the Hyrule Field theme. This marks the only time in the series when the overworld theme has been absent.[WIKIPEDIA]

Thanks for that, I thought it wasnt.