NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

As much as people think Nintendo don't care about the fans when they delayed it into 2006, I actually think it shows how Nintendo care SO MUCH about their fans. They could of released it this holiday season, and it would of sold like crazy, or they could give it a few more months to improve it and make it as perfect as possible for the fans. They care so much more about the quality of the game rather than its sales, I admire them.

And as pissed off as I was at the time it was delayed, you've got to admit its great now because we still have SO much to look forward to!

This year we could of seen some Revolution games at E3, and have Twilight Princess in our homes right now, but then there wouldn't be so much to look forward to. We better get Zelda before the summer though or I will be pissed off. :heh:

This game is gonna light up Rev sales and the give the GC a proper burial. The delay is disappointing but i totally understand it from a business perspective. I hope they put forth this much effort in their other franchises next time around, particularly Star Fox and Mario Kart

Anyone heard Spong's rumour?

There is a strong chance we hear, that Zelda will come bundled with the Revolution as a 'showpiece' backwards-compatible title at launch. The wait before the final GameCube boxed version may be as long as a month.

Sounds like a good move to me, it would persuade people to buy a Revolution who are big fans of Zelda but weren't originally planning on a Revolution, as otherwise they'd have to wait say a month.

Also, it would guarantee more sales, as I doubt that the game itself will be being sold across most chain stores by then.

I think its likely, and hope its true to be honest.

There is a strong chance we hear, that Zelda will come bundled with the Revolution as a 'showpiece' backwards-compatible title at launch. The wait before the final GameCube boxed version may be as long as a month.

Sounds like a good move to me, it would persuade people to buy a Revolution who are big fans of Zelda but weren't originally planning on a Revolution, as otherwise they'd have to wait say a month.

Also, it would guarantee more sales, as I doubt that the game itself will be being sold across most chain stores by then.

I think that is a nice move if it is true. I mean a free game with a console at launch would do wonders especially Zelda. Regardless how this all turns out it will be bought and played release day whenever that is.

hope the one version that comes with revolution is a special collectors edition :wink:

damn nintendo, say something, now I want them to release the console as soon as possible.. :/

Would be great actually. Everyone will be able to play it and it'll shift a few Revos without kicking GameCube owners in the teeth.

Would be great actually. Everyone will be able to play it and it'll shift a few Revos without kicking GameCube owners in the teeth.
they are already kicking us in the teeth... I mean, if it comes out with rev... then it will come out when? we don't even have a date for the console intself, I think waiting for next october/november for this game is going to be painful (and without a new trailer for months)

I'm starting to worry that this game is going to be at the next E3 which means the game will be delayed for at least 6 ******* months! :nono:

To be completly honest, and this is really sad for me but now i have COMPLETLY lost interest in this game, with all the other games that actually have a release date, and the next gen hype.

Nintendo you've buggered us again!!

To be completly honest, and this is really sad for me but now i have COMPLETLY lost interest in this game, with all the other games that actually have a release date, and the next gen hype.

I know what you mean, I'd kind of forgotten about it recently but by the time its nearly out I'm sure you'll be excited again :wink:

just wait for the next trailer, did you want them to release the game this christmas when they wanted more time to work with it?

the spec of them making a perfect game, only releasing it when it is, makes me hyped enough, and the news blackout leaves me mad, you could say I'm more hyped than ever.

but that's just me, when they shown TP in E3 2004 I wasn't that hyped, it felt like "one more zelda with the same control scheme" so I could wait, but if this is the ultimate zelda with this control scheme... I can't possibly lose that.

Believe me, this game will be worth the wait, the part they showed at E3 2005 was awesome to play, it played so much like OOT. The non-E3 bit was even better. This will be the definitive Zelda game.

If we can believe an interview with Reggie, TP will be released in April for the GC.

But I actually was hoping it would be kind of a hybrid to run with superior graphics on Revo but I'm happy as long as it is released on some platform.

Source: Hyrule.net

That'd better be damn true or i'm gonna go nuts.

So if there is only four months of development left why can't Nintendo show us any progress, it is not like the game is going to do as well as Halo 2 or GTA San Adreas, then why make the small magority that want the game suffer?

That'd better be damn true or i'm gonna go nuts.

So if there is only four months of development left why can't Nintendo show us any progress, it is not like the game is going to do as well as Halo 2 or GTA San Adreas, then why make the small magority that want the game suffer?

who knows... if they are planning to sell the game with revolution...

Mario 64 sold like 10 million games with the N64, if they play their cards right this game could reach at least 6 million copies sold worldwide...

Wind Waker sold 4 million even with half world against it.

but as a gamer I just want the game as soon as possible in my home.

Now that all this 360 launch hoohah has died down i realize im still more excited about TTP than any other piece of software or hardware in existence. I agree though it should be released alongside the Rev. to insure a successful launch, and to bury the Gamecube in one fell swoop.

I remember suggesting this back when the delay was first mentioned! I think it would be a great move on Nintendo's part.

I know a fair few people who are considering getting the Rev that don't have a cube, a bundle with TP, i think, would push them over the edge and more or less guarantee them getting it - a chance to play one of the best games ever along with an awesome new console!

I remember suggesting this back when the delay was first mentioned! I think it would be a great move on Nintendo's part.

I know a fair few people who are considering getting the Rev that don't have a cube, a bundle with TP, i think, would push them over the edge and more or less guarantee them getting it - a chance to play one of the best games ever along with an awesome new console!

I think that bundling the game with the revo is a cool idea but it's going to confuse the people that consider knowing all the names of the playstation consoles by heart a great gaming achievement. i recently read in the paper that DS wasn't backwards compatible and then they went on to put a picture of the gameboy micro and referred to it as a GBA SP. Backwards compatiblity is going to be cool but as someone mentioned before with the comment that half the world was against WW, then it's going to be those same people that rite off the revo.

The bundling i mentioned would probably push me over the edge to sell my cube in exchange for revo. \

Can i ask if this is what cube to revo owners will do? Does the revo have any slots for the cube memory cards or should i sell them too? and if i'm not jumping the gun, does the revo have any limitations for backwards compat like how the DS won't play multiplayer GBA games.

Looking forward to new Zelda...was playing MM and there are faint pictures of the N64 controllers under the water inside the clock tower.

Can i ask if this is what cube to revo owners will do? Does the revo have any slots for the cube memory cards or should i sell them too? and if i'm not jumping the gun, does the revo have any limitations for backwards compat like how the DS won't play multiplayer GBA games.

Yes I'll give my GC to my neighbour (with a few games I'll never play again) but I'll keep a controller and the memory card since they can be plugged into the Revo and GC games are also running on the Revo, multiplayer should work, not sure about LAN though - Nintendo didn't say anything about it.

Yes I'll give my GC to my neighbour (with a few games I'll never play again) but I'll keep a controller and the memory card since they can be plugged into the Revo and GC games are also running on the Revo, multiplayer should work, not sure about LAN though - Nintendo didn't say anything about it.

thx

+1 recycling post, you know, for giving your stuff away or at least planning to.

I'll be selling my Cube, had it since launch day and it's never failed me once. We've had some good times, but since the Revo is backwards compatable i see no point in keeping it.

Although backwards compatability is lovely, may i remind you that Ocarina of Time was meant to be played on the N64, A Link to the Past on the Snes and Link's Awakening on the Gameboy. These are how the games were intended. I will most certainly be keeping my cube to play the new Zelda game, just like i kept my N64, Snes and Gameboy, as nature intended.

I agree, the games feel best on the console they were intended for but I think that is mainly due to the controller and you can always plug the GC controller in the Revo; that's what I will be doing to play GC games.