NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

right...heres a smart idea right, rev comes out after summer, zelda comes out before summer. since it is a 100 hour game, u dont want to be bored during the summer now. now what do u think of that..HUH HUH

I agree - it needs to be out here by the end of June at the latest, otherwise we won't be getting it until at least September, I'd bet, what with Nintendo's bizarre refusal to release anything when people are off school / uni and actually want new games to play.

And I agree with you, skarmachild, part of what made The Wind Waker such a let down (compared to other Zeldas) was that enemies hardly did any damage, and heart refills were all over the place. I also agree that the dungeons were far too linear - I much explored exploring the N64 games' dungeons. I just hope that, as the forest temple is the first one in the game, it's the easiest, and later ones get much harder / less linear.

Twilight Princess is pretty easy compared to Wind Waker, its much easier than Forbidden Fortress on WW and Deku Tree from OoT. Theres even a friggin 'Z' HINT button, gay. :(

Twilight Princess is pretty easy compared to Wind Waker, its much easier than Forbidden Fortress on WW and Deku Tree from OoT. Theres even a friggin 'Z' HINT button, gay. :(

I say wait until the game is out before you decide if it's going to be easy or hard. You can't just judge from the trailer or from screens whether the game is hard or not. And, Nintendo are not going to show you screens of certain things. Like the end battle, or key points in the game. They're just showing you basic things. ;)

I say wait until the game is out before you decide if it's going to be easy or hard. You can't just judge from the trailer or from screens whether the game is hard or not. And, Nintendo are not going to show you screens of certain things. Like the end battle, or key points in the game. They're just showing you basic things. ;)

there you go with your bible of speeches. leave the kids alone

but yeah..i agree, its gonna be hard, the reason why wind waker was easy, is because it was kiddy, and only kids would play it, with its kiddy graphics

It looks too easy as well (I mean, the boss takes up 1/4 heart when it hits you).

Nah..

1. The bosses and/or enemies' damage was probably toned down for the E3 demo so as to be more easily playable.

2. That was the very first dungeon boss in the game.

I'm not judging from what I've seen, I'm judging from what I've played.

And I really hope the 'Z' hint button is removed/replaced with an item/fairy. I think Link should find Navi later on or something. You know you want it to happen.

It will get removed,just like that cause it was the demo,and the damagfe rate was low probably because it was a demo and you didnt have much hearts,but if thats not the case it would be cause its the first temple,i say its nothing to worry about

I hope it's ganna be hard, i want a last boss that takes 7 heart peices in one hit, and morths to face him like 5 times in a row, getting bigger and stronger each time!

In the 200th volume of Nintendo Power, Kazuaki Morita is interviewed. He's one of the coders for EAD's Zelda Team, and you may recognize some of his work. He's the man responsible for the fishing mini-game you saw in Ocarina of Time and what you will see return in Twilight Princess. There is also a small new screen shot that shows Link out in the marshes, fishing on his canoe.

Nintendo Power also put out a special interview with an artist J. Scott Campbell who did some work for the magazine.

20051228_1_npart_poster.jpg

there are so many release dates for the game flying around, amazon are selling already and they say they can start shipping in may, revo-europe seys

april , but i thought the game was being delayed to oct-november to coincide

with the launch of the revolution, using the interactive controller as an optional.

Well said. It's better to release the game at a later date to perfect it, rather than rushing it, anyway. I think it's a bit funny to hear all these dates flying about. It's amazing how far speculation can travel. :D

april , but i thought the game was being delayed to oct-november to coincide

with the launch of the revolution, using the interactive controller as an optional.

Hmm, how many of you have actully read the article? Eh?

I'm pretty sure NGC were saying that TP will be released early Spring on GC becasue they wouldnt want to dissapointed/piss off the loyal GC owners.

NGC are saying that Nintendo will re-release TP for the Revo release, only this time TP is implementing funky new Revo controls, meaning that the Big N wouldn;t lost out on a big game due to poor GC sales and that people buying a Revo could play the whole game again as it would be a completly different experience, actually swinging your sword and such.

Hi guys,

I've been looking through the news archives and this official thread but see no mention of the following article from E3 2005 by Kikizo:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200505/135.asp?f=135.asp.

The trail to the above article began from this journal entry:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2005/12/24/2210

which had a link to this impressive video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6760524994902687555&q=zelda.

Best to watch it off Google as it streams nice and fast.

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere before, but if not, enjoy!

:)

-TAC

Hehe, good stuff. Are you fairly new to the forums. If so, then welcome, and i hope you enjoy what we have to offer. :)

Yes, I am new to the forums. The above being only my second post.

I'm not a prolific poster but I'd like to be useful.

Thanks for the welcome Fierce_LiNk. :)

-TAC

I'm thinking of giving away a unused offical TLOZ: TP Tshirt Which i got at E3.

The T-shirt is size L. You only have to pay for postage.

PM me :yay:

I'm thinking of giving away a unused offical TLOZ: TP Tshirt Which i got at E3.

The T-shirt is size L. You only have to pay for postage.

PM me :yay:

check pm diem:D:D

About whether the game is easy or hard:

The parts I played were pretty easy. The temple I did seemed very simple, I didn't get stuck at it at all. The horseriding battle was very easy, charge forward press a and the guy dies after a couple of times. They hardly ever hit you, even if you get knocked off your horse you only lose a little bit of health.

And I really hope the 'Z' hint button is removed/replaced with an item/fairy. I think Link should find Navi later on or something. You know you want it to happen.

I played two different parts, the E3 demo and another part. The E3 demo had the hint button in it and I'm pretty sure that the other one didn't have the hint button and used it as the targetting system like TWW.

About whether the game is easy or hard:

The parts I played were pretty easy. The temple I did seemed very simple, I didn't get stuck at it at all. The horseriding battle was very easy, charge forward press a and the guy dies after a couple of times. They hardly ever hit you, even if you get knocked off your horse you only lose a little bit of health.

I played two different parts, the E3 demo and another part. The E3 demo had the hint button in it and I'm pretty sure that the other one didn't have the hint button and used it as the targetting system like TWW.

And the horse battles are like, half-way through the game (well not that far, but after the forest dungeon). I hope they rack up the difficulty.

And the horse battles are like, half-way through the game (well not that far, but after the forest dungeon). I hope they rack up the difficulty.
people would get frustrated if it was dificult, it was a demo in a crowded space, so it would be dificult to be concentrated on the game all the time, so I think they eased it a bit... it would be great if nintendo put a unlockable "hard" mode in it though :D

people would get frustrated if it was dificult, it was a demo in a crowded space, so it would be dificult to be concentrated on the game all the time, so I think they eased it a bit... it would be great if nintendo put a unlockable "hard" mode in it though :D

OoT and MM were amazingly difficult, and thats part of what made them so great.

Or at least add an instrument, they were awesome.

Ocarina > All.