NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

I definitely wouldn't call OOT difficult. Some parts were very slightly challenging, but that's as hard as it got. MM is probably the perfect difficulty for a 3d Zelda though, it was a good bit harder.

If TP is too easy it'll likely ruin the game for me, because although I liked Wind Waker, it would've been a good deal more satisfying if I actually had to use effort in the entire game. The closest thing to a "hard" moment in it was the Puppet Ganon battle and that was still pretty weak in comparison to most of the MM/OOT fights.

By the way, although Nintendo called the Rev control rumour "speculation", they didn't actually say it was false, so it's still possible. People have argued that there'd be no point because of Rev Zeldas having the same control, however personally I don't expect Revolution Zeldas to control anything like TP with rev control would. Miyamoto said TP would be the last Zelda in its current form, so Rev Zelda's are definitely not just going to be different in the basic controls, we're talking a massive overhaul, one I personally think is going to probably be a first person perspective, with the DS title also being first person as a "test" for the Revolution one, to see how people will react.

well, if shigsy reckons that the game is more 'hardcore' and for the more mature gamer, i would assume that it would be harder.

and that would be great!

in my opinion MM was a more mature game... i mean, that moon and every characters sense of impending doom was quite creepy. if TP is able to instill that feeling into the player, it will be good. i also loved the character interactions in MM. very cool.

i didnt find OoT, MM or WW very hard at all, but that doesnt mean that i didnt find them enjoyable!

i agree with james that nintendo havent ruled out the forwards compatability thing.

looking forward to the TP release!

Today's thing with NGC sticking by their word makes me feel that the Rev control is actually almost definite, one article about it had a really good point about how Nintendo worded their "speculation" comment, it really made it seem like they were just trying to keep it more under wraps.

I got the NGC copy which mentioned the rev controlls and it's a really good read, they rely on the fact they "know" it will use the rev pad and then make conclustions of how some of the other parts of the game will work.

Edit: Zelda will be so good using the rev pad, do you recon they will sell 2 versions then, or put it all on one disk?, i wonder if the rev will launch will optional zelda bundles, i'm, hopping it will :)

I think you'll only need to buy one game (weren't there rumours that it'd have 2 discs? dunno..) but if you put it on revo it'll give you the option to play with the shell or with rev controls.

On another Zelda related topic, what happened to the "three versions of the game" thing from way back when?

On another Zelda related topic, what happened to the "three versions of the game" thing from way back when?
don't know... but I guessed back then one of them was a optimized code for revolution, like a alternative path used in home computers, like: "if revo add grass" (over the regular grass texture, "if revo add bump mapping", for example. based on the last info, it could be both, enhanced graphics and control, or just control. (and possibly slightly enhanced graphics like forcing 60 frames per second, AA and AF.)

also back then they said they planned on selling 2 final versions, one cheaper for $10 less and a more expensive one, aparently the versions would feature diferences between them.

It would make sense to blend in a 3rd version of the code to be recognized by revo and add things.

That 3 versions of the game thing was total bull, Nintendo only said that there would be a special edition. I think it was spong that created that rumour. Man I'm psyched for this game.

I've just started playing Majora's Mask for the first time today. i can't believe how creepy and dark it. very wierda anyway like some one said above i hope TP can capture something like this. as this is the second zelda game in the same generation (ala MM) is TP not going to be featuring Ganon then?

I wanna hear the premium package thing reggie said about zelda last year at GDC(or i think it was)

I've just started playing Majora's Mask for the first time today. i can't believe how creepy and dark it. very wierda anyway like some one said above i hope TP can capture something like this. as this is the second zelda game in the same generation (ala MM) is TP not going to be featuring Ganon then?
No.... I'm 99% sure that ganon is in it.

oh goodie. i guess cause this link looks like an updated version of Oot link then Ganon will be the same. i can't wait to see that.
not a updated version... but it fits in the storyline, I can't imagine how can they tell this piece of the tale without him.

Link by his turn is a completly new one.

TP takes place before WW so it should be about Ganon's rise to power, or at least feature ganon. I hope it does, Ganon is the ultimate Villain.

Nintendo listed Zelda's voice actors for the characters and Ganon's there, so I suppose he's in there. Can't wait to see how he looks.

Nintendo listed Zelda's voice actors for the characters and Ganon's there, so I suppose he's in there. Can't wait to see how he looks.
Wasn't that the list that said 50 Cent was Epona? and said tingle was voiced by some famous fagget?

Eh that list was modified later, but I think that's like Wikipedia anyone can modify that. But before that list, it came from an official source, just don't remember where. I'm still hoping 50 cent will voice Epona.

The voice actor lists were from IMDB, which is far from an official source. They accept user submitted information and before something is actually out, they're basically the most UNRELIABLE source, although they're good once it's actually been released. The Japanese voice actors were submitted on assumption they'd be in it (although Ganon has been confirmed in interviews anyway) and the English ones were all a joke.

For anyone who's played the demos by the way, is the combat completely satisfactory? I've noticed they still have the Wind Waker pause effect everytime you do damage and I don't think I like that much with the new visual style.

I was under the impression that it was from an official source BEFORE imdb, but maybe my mind's playing tricks on me. My bad. I actually like that pause effect.

I'm not a fan of the pause effect, I think it's too long a pause, maybe if it was really quick and only on the final/heavy blows I wouldn't mind it so much.

any of u guys noticed that there's no fairy sidekick in TP?they can be annoying,but the fairy can help u out of a tight spot.so who's guiding link this time.btw,the gale boomerang is awsome!