Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

Personally, I think zelda is about immersion in a story, puzles and adventure. Shaking my wrist to control the sword prehaps immerses you only in the violence... But i say this is not what zelda is about. I want a traditional zelda game built around the traditional controller. I want to spend long immersive hours playing without physically getting tired.

I will get a wii zelda when a true WII Zelda is releaased...TP is an adapted GC game. ( I dont want to buy a wii at lanuch either)

Why do you want the wii version then?

Holding a piece of purple plastic in your hands, a Cubic console ticking its disc as it continously streams over, and a 4:3 image is really going to make you feel more immersed?

Man, some of you Zelda fans should really snap out of your conservatism. A change to the series is not bad automatically. In fact, if Nintendo decides to change something, they'll actually change it for the better as Nintendo and the Zelda team are pretty good at making games.

I'm full of confidence about the Wii controls. No Cube version for me at all.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding a piece of purple plastic in your hands, a Cubic console ticking its disc as it continously streams over, and a 4:3 image is really going to make you feel more immersed?

Man, some of you Zelda fans should really snap out of your conservatism. A change to the series is not bad automatically. In fact, if Nintendo decides to change something, they'll actually change it for the better as Nintendo and the Zelda team are pretty good at making games.

I'm full of confidence about the Wii controls. No Cube version for me at all.

QFT.

Even if you only feel a little more immersed with the wiimote its still, over all, more immersive than the cube version.

ZeldaFreak and all the other newbie fanboys that came in here and started whining about the GC version and OMG the Wii TP is doomed!, please go away, we had a good thread here talking about the ACTUAL GAME, rather than all the things that YOU THINK might be wrong with it. And yes I am expecting sarcastic newbie fanboy responses, and so that I don't have to say it at a later date:

SHUT UP AND BUGGER OFF

EDIT: Mainly directed at ZeldaFreak and the minority that came in here speaking about stuff that they don't know because they haven't played it yet.

ZeldaFreak and all the other newbie fanboys that came in here and started whining about the GC version and OMG the Wii TP is ...

I dont see why its not an interesting and valid discussion -especially now as pre-orders are being placed. Do you have something better to talk about like plot holes or series continuity problems or even whats the best boxart. Your level of unfriendlyness even tops mine ;) Zelda brings out nerd passion and so you can expect heated discussion :)

So lets start a discussion.

What do people think the storyline will be then?

Will we meet that Black robed person?

What will eventually happen to Midna(is it?)?

Why is it that you turn into a wolf, and not any other animal?

Will Ganon return?

Why is it pigs type creatures taking over?

What things will happen when night falls in the(Hyrule?) field, if they go the same as OOT, when there is night and day in the field?

Will Zoras come back?

What ever happened to Jabu Jabu and his belly of joy?

What tye of weapons will we see?

so many questions. Please don't asnwer by quoting and answering, then it just gets boring.

I dont see why its not an interesting and valid discussion -especially now as pre-orders are being placed. Do you have something better to talk about like plot holes or series continuity problems or even whats the best boxart. Your level of unfriendlyness even tops mine ;) Zelda brings out nerd passion and so you can expect heated discussion :)

Hmm I obviously didn't quote. It was about that post that ZeldaFreak made saying that everyone was wrong until he had an official source and date about the GC title. Not the current discussion, sorry.

EDIT: Very interesting questions Stefkov.

I think the storyline involves the return of Ganon, and he has somehow collided Hyrule with the Dark Realm, and he is working to make this Twilight Realm permanent, by draining all light and good from the land.

If the black robed person you speak of is Zelda, yes. I feel that the tower she is in is Ganondorf's tower, and once again we have to save her.

Midna may be kidnapped halfway through the storyline, or turn out to be Zelda, but I'm not too sure of this one.

Judging by Link being chained up in Wolf form, he has been cursed and captured to be a wolf.

It has already been said that Ganon will return.

The pig creatures are forms of Moblins I think, and are Ganon's servants, probably under orders to kidnap any young girls (Link's friends) in the hunt for Zelda.

Night might be Twilight time.

Jabu Jabu died and maybe had kids (wasn't he the 14th or someting in OoT?).

I'm 90% sure that the Zoras will return.

As for weapons/items, what is the actual focus to this quest? The Wind Waker, a shrinking cap, an hourglass, a rod of seasons, harp of ages, is there a special item that plunges Hyrule into Twilight?

nobody complained when Windwaker changed Zelda and used Cell shading, nobody complained when Zelda became 3d. Ok, so this is a different control system, Nintendo made this controller for a reason, and waited to release Zelda later to use it, why do people have to pick holes in everything?

nobody complained when Windwaker changed Zelda and used Cell shading, nobody complained when Zelda became 3d. Ok, so this is a different control system, Nintendo made this controller for a reason, and waited to release Zelda later to use it, why do people have to pick holes in everything?

Exactly, no matter how much you like it, a few Zelda games later the controls may have gotten repetitive. All that was changed in the past few was storyline. Nintendo wanted to break free of the restrictions of buttons and give us a new experience.

Hmm I obviously didn't quote. It was about that post that ZeldaFreak made saying that everyone was wrong until he had an official source and date about the GC title. Not the current discussion, sorry.

EDIT: Very interesting questions Stefkov.

I think the storyline involves the return of Ganon, and he has somehow collided Hyrule with the Dark Realm, and he is working to make this Twilight Realm permanent, by draining all light and good from the land.

If the black robed person you speak of is Zelda, yes. I feel that the tower she is in is Ganondorf's tower, and once again we have to save her.

Midna may be kidnapped halfway through the storyline, or turn out to be Zelda, but I'm not too sure of this one.

Judging by Link being chained up in Wolf form, he has been cursed and captured to be a wolf.

It has already been said that Ganon will return.

The pig creatures are forms of Moblins I think, and are Ganon's servants, probably under orders to kidnap any young girls (Link's friends) in the hunt for Zelda.

Night might be Twilight time.

Jabu Jabu died and maybe had kids (wasn't he the 14th or someting in OoT?).

I'm 90% sure that the Zoras will return.

As for weapons/items, what is the actual focus to this quest? The Wind Waker, a shrinking cap, an hourglass, a rod of seasons, harp of ages, is there a special item that plunges Hyrule into Twilight?

Two years ago Nintendo said Zelda is staying in Twilight Hyrule castle and we know that Midna is not Zelda because she comes Link's shallow outside the twilight plus she her own plans.

I think the storyline are two things ie Midna broken helmet and the twilight.

Nothing will happen at night-time like OoT because did MM or WW change at night-time?

Why arn't you just going to get the Wii version?

First person to post "OMFG because it's shit!!!11", dies a slow painful, death. I want a reason, people.

Many reasons.

As I said in a different thread the control system that debuted with Ocarina of Time is proven and is excellent. I know I will like playing with that setup.

The Wii version is a risk, it may be better but it may not. I've got to blow over £200 to take that risk and none of the hands-on reports I've read are exactly glowing about the Wii controls.

Dec 8th is right before I've to cough-up a huge wedge to pay for 14 days skiing in Canada. So I can spend £30 on a game I know I will love or punt over £200 on a system just to play Zelda (nothing else at launch vaguely interests me) with a potentially broken control scheme.

So if I can be a late adopter when SMG or Fire Emblem comes out so much the better. By that time I hope Nintendo will have proven to me that I can have more fun with a Wii controller. But at the moment I don't happen to think shaking my wrist to do sword attacks is more immersive - especially since it is merely replacing mashing the B button. It's not like Link will copy my movements onscreen, he'll just run through his sword attacks. Couldn't care less about widescreen either since I don't play on a widescreen TV.

I'm sure it'll be a great game on both systems but there's a good chance that a Cube Zelda ported to Wii will not be as good as a Wii Zelda built from scratch.

Ok, i guess if i had been aropund when WW came out i would'v got my facts right and not ahve been corrected in exactly the same way by 4 different people.

Ok then, i'm changing what i said:

Ok, so people complained about cell shading etc, but afterwards, and playing OMFG, NEW ZELDA IS TEH AWESOME! Just think back, think how awesome this new control scheme will make the game, and SHH

Many reasons.

But at the moment I don't happen to think shaking my wrist to do sword attacks is more immersive - especially since it is merely replacing mashing the B button. It's not like Link will copy my movements onscreen, he'll just run through his sword attacks.

So pressing a button is just the same to you a swinging your arm to mimick a sword swing ... okay.... :indeed:

So pressing a button is just the same to you a swinging your arm to mimick a sword swing ... okay.... :indeed:

It is to me, i hold me arms out att he side, and swing them to hit the button, therefore giving me the feeling of swinging a sword.

Jesus, if that's not more imemrsive than what is?

i can;t wait for this game but havn't really been keeping up to date with the information as don't want to ruin hte game experienve but was just wondering the following:

- are there any graphical differnces between the Wii and GC version

- have there been any indications on the length of the game

- and how does it fit into the zelda timeline

the info is proberly already in this thread but 100 pages is a lot to backtrack through.

cheers