NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Metroid Prime 3 nearly finished?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5069

In their Countdown To E3 feature, AOL have looked at some of the most anticipated games for the show. Amongst the list, coming in at number 5, was Metroid Prime 3 For Nintendo's Wii.

While footage shown was from the existing Prime games and the brief teaser trailer at E3 2005, AOL Games seems to have had a closer look at the title behind the scenes. Libe Goad, senior editor of the channel said: "From the videos we've seen, it looks like it's almost done. It just looks really far along."

Speculation is also rife that the progress of the game's development could mean an earlier launch for Wii. AOL Game 'Industry Sherpa' Carter Lipscomb seemed excited about the title, stating: "I would love to say, the advanced state of Metroid Prime [3] leads us to believe [Wii] will launch a lot earlier, so I'm crossing my fingers, I'm hoping that's going to be the case."

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess also turned up on the list at number 2, only bested by Xbox 360's Halo 3.

Surely a definate launch title if true!

Pffff... Zelda beaten by Halo 3?!

The gods are crying!

Halo 3 will be like Halo 2 which was pretty much like the original Halo... Lots of corridors that look like the corridors you just walked through and lots of annoying aliens that talk like characters from a Disney movie.

Ok I´ll admit it, Halo 2 had decent online play, but the main game was pretty much... Meh... A lot of the same from the orignal... Don´t get me wrong, it´s a good game. But a bit overrated in my opinion...

But MP3 I can not wait for. Can´t wait to see how it plays on the Wii :bouncy:

the last metroid game by them was about 18 months or so ago and they probley started even before that with a small team getting a story together maybe even doing some art assets, new sound effects gui ect.

it may not be finished at this e3 but it will be reasonbly close to it maybe lacking online if it is going to have online features.

Yesss =D

MP3 is my most anticipated title for Wii xD

I'm hoping the Wii controller will immerse you into the metroid world so much, omg :D :D

Just 2 more days! ^^ :bowdown:

This doesn't surprise. I'm almost sure most of the launch titles are complete! Although some believe that there no-way near ready...

If the developers can develop it on a Gamecube kit, then i'm sure they had plently of time to complete their games.

Almost certainly. Many of the games on-show will very likely in a complete or near complete state. This is going to be fantastic.

I hope the lock on is still in it, or in some form.

And dear god i hope it doesn't suck as bad as Echoes did (no flaming please, i just couldn't stand it.)

And dear god i hope it doesn't suck as bad as Echoes did (no flaming please, i just couldn't stand it.)

You're making it incredibly difficult to resist. Really... very... very... difficult.

You're making it incredibly difficult to resist. Really... very... very... difficult.

Yeah, i know. I loved Prime, hell i made love to my disk.

Echoes was just so restrictive in terms of freedom, it was a very set path you couldn't explore and find things like you could all the other previous games.

That and: the story line sucked, the enviroments were crap and the weapons sucked ass. GIVE ME BACK MY ICE BEAM!

I didn't like echoes that much either, don't know what it was but it just didn't make me want to keep playing.. I hope MP3 will be different :)

You say that REALISING that I EXIST...

DONT FORGET THE CHURCH GUY FROM THE TEKKEN 4 AD...

Echoes was just so restrictive in terms of freedom, it was a very set path you couldn't explore and find things like you could all the other previous games.

That and: the story line sucked, the enviroments were crap and the weapons sucked ass. GIVE ME BACK MY ICE BEAM!

To be honest it's more of a shame then anything else. I'm having the same feeling I get everytime I find someone who actually watched but hated Gattica or The Truman Show. The human race feels incomplete until the situation can be rectified. Still, to each their own and all that. I know for a fact there are things I hate that bring the very same feelings about myself.

i didnt like metroid prime so i doubt ill be getting this :(...halo 1+2 i enjoyed ALOT more

metroid was diffrent it's not really about blasting it's more about exploring. I really liked the first but i didn't like the secound so much.

but there should be plently of fps/action games this time arround we have redsteal at launch and whatever else we get at e3.

I'm going to buy Prime and perhaps Echoes as well today. Might get echoes on the Nintendo magazine deal for £9.99 instead.

Metroid Prime 3 is my most anticipated title by far. I love the series.

Must resist...obvious...joke... ;)

Metroid Prime: Hunters shows us that the Metroid series is heading in the right direction, for the time beeing im playing online :) and its awsome, but soon i will start serious on single player

If (when) the Wii rocks this world, i will truely pitty those too stubborn to give it a try.

So many great games coming.... thanks to the cheap console price we can purchase more games rather than USB ports.

I'm not really surprised that MP3 is almost complete, after all I think it was one of the first games (if not the first game) in developement for Wii. But only because it seems complete that doesn't mean the Wii will launch earlier. Zelda TP also seemed pretty complete and we still don't have it...

I'm going to buy MP3, although I didn't really like the MP2 that much. I also never completed it, the boss fights over multiple stages ruined it for me and I'm still stuck at the Spiderball Boss...

well am i the only one that picked up on another hint (stronger than most hints) that the rev could be coming out earlier than expected?

EDIT: obviosely not lol

Not a fan of Prime or Halo. Both overrated IMO. Zelda, New Mario and anything involving the Wii would top my list. Gears of War, Brothers in Arms and COD3 all look good too.

I almost killed someone when I read that the guys at AOL games had seen the game!!!!

Oh Jordan... Please don't do that. It's disgusting

metroid prime 1+2 was awesome but i didnt manage to finish them.....and i cant get myself to finish them either i dont know why :S anyway i hope metroid prime 3 is a must buy for me for revo!

I mean I think MP:H had a brilliant controle system (even though my hands and fingers were cramped after playing) i just hope for the lock-on feature. Something that i wished was in MP:H.

Anyway Wii will see what this game has to offer in roughly 2 days time! and conferance is tommorow so i dont know whether they will show footage of some games.

Sign in to follow this