NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Sonic the Hedgehog (360/PS3) new info!!

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704896p1.html

To sum up the artcile, here's the main points:

-Plot invovles a captured princess and a stolen Chaos Emerald becuase of Robotonik

- A new cream coloured hedgehog is in the game as Sonic's rival. He refers to Sonic as the "Iblis Trigger", has supernatural powers and is apparentley a playable character.

- Addition of "Town stages" where players can free-roam, as with Adventure stages is Sonic Adventure.

This sounds really interesting to me and the new screens look amazing! I admit Sega is getting a little too obsessed with adding new characters but this new one is kind of intruging. Oh, and some other Sonic fans have found out the "Iblis" is Islam for "Devil". So Sonic is a "Devil trigger"!? O_o

EDIT:

e306_01.jpg

looks cool but nor a big fan of the 3D sonic games, they always impress me when i see them but when there released and i play them they always dissapoint

Hmm, very difficult to get excited given Sonics recent track record. Without some kind of major overhall of gameplay and level design I can't imagine this being any better, and so far the shots suggest the same, boring, pointlessly linear, bog-standard levels from the previous games..

F*** that looks fantastic.Aww man I really want this and I don't wanna get an Xbox 360 or PS3 judt for this.Hope the Rev one is really similiar.Damn you SEGA taking the good looking games on other consoles,show us love.

Man this looks good. 3D sonic games are Awesome, sonic adventure on Dreamcast was my favourite sonic game. but this looks like its gonna be even better. and yeah Sega better make one very similar to this one.

Trailer and maybe even a demo will be out on Xbox Live next week.

sorry but I think the graphics are kinda bad... the textures are blury and plain in a lot of places (plain as... no bump mapping), look at the buildings (the windows are simple textures)... also the fire is not volumetric (look at the fire at buildings it's just a plain texture)... the poly count is not that great either... it's just... generic and standard... they just applied reflections all over, who look rather cheap... I don't recall sonic's shoes reflecting the envyroment... it feels forced. "let's use a lot of effects" kind of thing.

Shadow is in it too?

ok im confused i originally thought that Sonic the Hedgehog was going to be like some sort of remake of the first sonic game.

Now obviously not so does this take place after a certain sonic game like maybe the disgusting sonic heroes?

There's not really a timeline apart from SA1/2 and Heroes/Shadow.It wasn't going to be a remake just a new game.Anyones guess -apart from SEGA- where it's going to fit in.

Ohhh three hedgehogs! The game looks great at the moment. It sounds like it could be going back to the style of the first Adventure game, which is all good for me. Now Sega, just keep those funky sonic tunes. :D

I wish they would stop making new characters for the Sonic series. Granted the new one looks cool but majority of them are terrible. I wish they would get out of the earth looking levels/stages and return back to the old skool levels.

sorry but I think the graphics are kinda bad... the textures are blury and plain in a lot of places (plain as... no bump mapping), look at the buildings (the windows are simple textures)... also the fire is not volumetric (look at the fire at buildings it's just a plain texture)... the poly count is not that great either... it's just... generic and standard... they just applied reflections all over, who look rather cheap... I don't recall sonic's shoes reflecting the envyroment... it feels forced. "let's use a lot of effects" kind of thing.

I'd imagine they're excuse is "it moves at such great speed you don't notice", like Sonic Riders (never played it though so I can't confirm that)

I'd imagine they're excuse is "it moves at such great speed you don't notice", like Sonic Riders (never played it though so I can't confirm that)

LMBO. Yeah I couldnt believe that was the excuse they used.

Who the hell that fool on the left?

Why can't we have a Sonic game with just Sonic, huh Sonic Team?!

(thats alot of Sonic)

The game looks fantastic but I think new characters should stay in specific sonic series that they first appeared in (ex: Blaze only being in Sonic Rush and/or any sequel to sonic rush etc) so we dont get shite like Heroes again.

Its quite sad to see the Blue hedgehog lose more and more fame due to new characters in his own game.

(PS: I hope they lose the "lets party while saving the world" attitude that seems to be in the heads of the sonic characters, it just pisses me off)

Great, more stupid Sonic characters. Let me remind everyone that there hasn't been a decent Sonic console game for years, and I'm pretty sure this won't be breaking the mould Sega now use to cast their awful trash.

Great, more stupid Sonic characters. Let me remind everyone that there hasn't been a decent Sonic console game for years, and I'm pretty sure this won't be breaking the mould Sega now use to cast their awful trash.

I completely agree with you except for one specific sonic game, Sonic Adventure 1 when it was first released on the Dreamcast was a great game in my opinion but since then it went from bad to worse with sonic adventure 2 and sonic heroes... Both which i own and both which i thought where Piss.

Sonic Adventure 2 was piss poor compared to sonic adventure 1 IMO due to the fact there was no adventure field, not many levels that where great for Sonic nor Shadow and then we have the crappy treasure hunting along with the mech machines (tails and Robotnik)

Then again, Sonic Adventure DX was a port rushed faster than an already cooked Big Mac at your local McDonalds and Sonic Heroes was the type of game that made you think "I bought this game so I might as well complete it, but its sooo hard to like!"

Barring Sonic Adventure 1 on the DC, No 3D Sonic game has even made me smile in enjoyment at all.

It's a real shame too. This is Sega for gods sake. You expect them to know better - to have at least figured it out by now.

I like all the 3D Sonics anyway.They should stop with all the characters getting added though.

Another rival hedgehog? Whats with the rivals lately? Sonic rivals? The rival in sonic riders? gee, sega.

I love sonic games, but rivalry is repeated so often now. Shadow was totally original, its about time sonic had one of his own kind to rival with.

But, the 'princess' it mentions reminds me of the Sonic xtreme charecter that they revealed a while ago because she was never heard of.

I want this game..but i wish for wii support or a better computer..

It's Oops-I-Crashed-Into-Something-And-It's-Stuck-To-My-Face The Hedgehog!!!!!

They should bring back to life older characters more.

Totally agree with you kurt... they should really bring alive the old charecters we loved. Which means they should kill off tails, no one loves him/her (the voice makes you wonder if the guy used to be a chick).