N-Europe

Wii for Free?

Ashley

http://www.infendo.com/2006/05/how-wii-might-be-priced.html

Not to believe random tipsters with no proof or anything, but its an interesting idea. Kind of works in the same way of phone bundles whereby if you buy a certain amount of stuff, you get the phone for free.

I'd imagine most of us here would spend $200 (at a guess £130, can't be bothered to open xe.com) although it would probably be £150. Still if I could get a Wii and four games for £150 I'd be happy.

Interesting, that be a great concept and a fantastic system seller! :D

And as some people have said:

Buy the console and games for yourself - $199

Buy it again - $199

Sell it on ebay for something

So you spend $400 on the console and eight games, and get some money back.

Whatever, this seems far too lucritive.

[Thanks, Coffee Guy] - Coffee Man is a rebel on the website 4cr (a Nintendo community) which suggests to me, Coffee guy the submitter of this news is part of the 4cr community and used Coffee guy as something of the top of his head.

4 games, each game under $40 that's $160, the system just isn't that cheap.

I think it will be a Nintendo console, with perhaps 1 demo disc and a package of controllers (FHC, Nunchaku and maybe a shell, second controller or both)

then a Nintendo package at a $20 reduction on buying them seperately in which you get a first party title either Mario or Smash Bros.

I see no reason why they'd give it away.

Tellyn the only response you will get is- At Nintendo Customer support we only deal with current titles that are released in Europe, I suggest you consult the Nintendo of Europe website for the latest information on future releases.

Nintendo won't give you the time of day.. you'll know what's on the back catalogue at E3. and probably what the deal with Twilight Princess is- Nintendo UK's boss said "only 10 people know" so what are the chances of them telling you about Twilight Princess?

Id personally like this deal but Sega tried this with Dreamcast (free DC with a 2 year subscription to Sega Online) and if im not mistaken they did something similar with the Saturn. I dont see Nintendo following suit, though it would be a great way to get Wii games and the Virtual Console money machine into peoples homes